Everything gets really small and far away... What is that?

Found it. Called “Lucid Dreamer Assistant”

https://members.aol.com/thelucid1/Page13.html#programzzz

Just look for the one called OBE-ish feeling on the menu when you start it up.

I’m not sure what kind of experience you guys are describing, but I see a lot of similarity with what I run into sometimes while relaxing. I’ve found Robert’s description of it to fit my condition perfectly, but everyone’s different. Hopfully this will help some of you out. I hope to be able to ride with it and see what happens.

This happened to me last night while using hemi-sync (4th time), quoted from my other dream journal:
It happened while I was just resting normally not focusing on the darkness of my eyes (opposed to my earlier attempts to duplicate this) near the end of the exercise. The focus of my eyes, almost instantly, flew upward through the darkness and the darkness began to expand uncontrollably into a dome (Robert said like head in a dark box) and it kept coming closer to my face. I was feeling a little SP’ish’ so I kept moving my index finger to check. I couldn’t wait for the exercise to end, and then I was able to see my room out of proportion, which wore off faster than usual. It wasn’t as disturbing as before but maybe next time it happens I’ll force myself to stay with it and see what happens.

A while back, quoted from dream journal:
I close my eyes and sometimes (like last night) I begin to focus far off into the darkness of my eyelids and it turns into this wide perspective, my aspect ratio of size in reality becomes messed up a bit, the darkness starts to move in on me coming closer and closer to my face, and I begin to notice this strange feeling of objects, weight. I know it doesn’t make much sense, but I fear it and most of all find it disturbing…The part that irritates me is it doesn’t go away when I move or open my eyes. My room looks normal, but since the aspect ratio thing is off, my perspective on things is…different

strifer42 the site doesn’t seem to work to download it, but I found it here:
consciousdreaming.com/lucid- … istant.exe
I tried the OBE-thing and its really strange seeing that x moving down even though it isn’t.

Fabi,

Wow! it was really weird reading your description of your experience. The same exact thing used to happen when I was young (during reading too!).I’ve never heard anyone mention it before, till now.

Another thing that used to happen when I was younger was that all of sudden everything would look miniature (hobbit sized) and real rickety. One time this happened when I sitting in my car looking out at traffic, all the cars looked like rickety hotwheels. Totally freaked me out! Has this happened to anybody else?

thanks for all the replies… for some reason i wasnt notified that there were any. :eh:

i’ll have a look at that program…

I tried the program, but it didn’t do it for me. Maybe it just doesn’t work, maybe I should have looked at it for longer… I don’t know.
I might give it another try later on.

Has anybody else tried it? Did it work for you?

Fabi

I’ve had this before. Not for a while though.

I used to get it when I was a teenager (I’m 24 now by the way), whilst watching TV in bed in the dark.

The way I can best describe it for me, was that nothing actually appeared to change size in terms of how it looked within my visual field, but I had the strong feeling that I was much further away from the telly than I actually was, and so therefore the telly was really big like a big cinema screen and I was on the back row.

Actually, come to think of it, about a year or so ago I remember I went through a phase of having this feeling after having been at the computer for a long period of time. I was having a sensation that I was floating above, even though I was still seeing everything from the same position. Illogical I know, but that’s how it seamed.

:happy:
Ed

I have this too, quite regularly.
When I was a kid these feelings sometimes grew so strong I was totally disorientated.
If I simply ignore it, the expansion/compression impressions and feelings disappear, but when I really concentrate on them, I can strengthen them. It feels like I’m swirling deeper and deeper into some vortex. Very hard to describe…
It’s the first time I hear about this phenomenon from anyone else. I thought it was just my imagination :smile:

Well Fabi, I looked at it for a few minutes the first time and it worked, but when I tried it some time later, it didn’t work.

too bad no one has come across a book or web-site that mentions anything about this… i think it’s really weird. :eh: :wiske:

Hi Fabi, yes i know exactly what you mean…

I have this often under different circumstances…
I have this while i do anything that is related to a trance!
That means hypnosis and self hypnosis to…
Meditation somtimes ( only with trance meditation)
Also with cannabis…and focusing at one point…

When you look at a hypnotic spiral you have the same…
It has to do with theta waves and your thalamus…
Thetha waves have in the brain a strong conection with dmt, wich yogi’s have also higer levels of then average ppl.
Dmt is a neurotransmitter made by the pineal gland.
It means u can very good focus your attention at what you are doing and forget the rest around you. (if it is within your interest)
Your thalamus has also a role in it because thats the brain part that selects
to block normal input when you focus your attention at one thing of interest.
It means Fabi you have a talent for trance induction :smile:

So be carefull with drugs then…maybe they work a bit stronger for you…not all sorts but maybe some will :smile:

Greetz,
Jeff

So Fabi when you have this your in a light to medium trance…
Probably a light trance…how ever i cant fill that one in for you :smile:
(More theta waves at those moments then normal while awake)

Greetz,
Jeff

Yes Firehorse…i have that to sometimes and also when i bike and I look at the moving pavement under my wheels go by…then i get that to…
Looking at movement from one spot can induce a light hypnotic trance :smile:

Greetz,
Jeff

thanks for the replies… i shall try to read about trance, then. do you think the brainwave generator could be helpful in this case, too?

the only illegal drug i have tried out is cannabis… i have only done it a couple of times, but one time i had a OBEish experience. I was walking through a forest with the friend i had smoked with when suddenly my ‘soul’ stood still while my ‘body’ still kept walking… so basically i saw myself moving away. :smile: after a few seconds i was back in my body again, and then the feeling repeated itself a couple of times.

also i could literally see time moving away. it was strange… i was sort of watching the future become present and then disappearing somewhere and becoming past. :grin:

Are there any good sources on the web on trance that i should definitely should check out in your opinion?

Fabi

:smile: Hi Fabi…

Well the brainwave generator can help u a bit. (Not to much though).
I dont know about sites at the net to check for trance, i got my knowledge
from my own experience and from a few books.
I think if you use google you will find enough at the net about it!
I am not at all surprised with your OBEish experience from cannabis.
Remember with mushrooms this would be even stronger for you, lsd to!
So be carefull with those. Because of your trance induction talent.
yeah I know those time effects, that sure is trance to :happy:
That can be awsome as well as a wierd experience… :wink:

A site about selfhypnosis could teach you about trance…(and give you info to)

Greetz,
Jeff

thanks jeff. i am really busy with a hundred thousand things i am trying to get into… i’ll see if i will have more time for that. :content:

:smile: As long as you enjoy your life its good! :wink:
So do what ever you want!

Greetz,
Jeff

Wow, I’ve never heard of anything like that happening from pot.

it happened, though… :grin:
But only that one time. And now it is months since I last somked anyway… I am not that regular of a smoker, I guess. Fortunately, I may say. :content:

Fabi

Yeah if that sort of thing happens to you, it’s probably better you stay as far away from it as possible.