Do you use dream dictionaries?

I have two, I’m selling one on ebay though cuz I always use the online one at www.dreammoods.com :smile:

If you wanted someone from here to bid on it you shouldnt tell them why not to :smile:

lol. Well… I was just putting it up in the air since there are dreamers on here. :wink:

i have one also, but i find i don’t use it much as symbols mean different things to different people.

For those who can i guess asking the dream symbols what they reprisent is best. :eh:

I know that this is an oldish topic, but it just caught my attention. I have recently been given two dream dictionaries .
One seems to be complete rubbish (and if I believed the definitions, most of my dreams mean that I am in all sorts of danger and that there is impending doom :eh: - very negative).
The other dictionary goes into more detail on interpretations, and gives cross-references. It seems to make a bit more sense.
I am undecided on whether or not to believe any of it.

One thing that puzzles me is why so many people have the exact same theme to a dream e.g. loosing teeth, or finding that you are not dressed properly when you are in public. Surely this means that these sorts of dreams may be interpretable and have the same meaning.

It IS quite strange that people have the same dream themes. Very interesting to me as well. I for one, believe any definitions of dreams that don’t sound like a horoscope. Anything like “If you dream of such and such, you will see a great amount of money in your future!” or anything stupid like that, I don’t believe it. But if it is something like “By dreaming of such and such, there is an issue that your unconscious mind is trying to address…etc” then I believe it. lol. And for me they usually turn out to be true anyway. At least from dreammoods.com they are for me anyway. :smile:

I don’t know about recurring dream things having to mean the same thing for everyone–if that were the case, then I find it funny that every dream dictionary/guide I’ve ever read has a different explanation for teeth falling out. (Although they all seem to agree on the undressed-in-public dreams). I read one dictionary that said if your teeth fell out in a dream, then you ought to see a dentist because you were subconsciously guilty about neglecting your teeth. Another one I just read said it meant you weren’t “cutting through” the hidden veil of that was really going on in your life. Yet another said that it was tied to fear of loss.

But whatever it means…I really don’t like those dreams. Those and the ones where I’m horribly late for an event because I’m busy looking for something that I’ve lost. :tongue: