My own trance/meditation method... Jeff, do you know this?

Don’t mind about your eyes moving, let them move where they move, they will calm down after a while. Concentrate on everything you see, and in time you will see everything around you clearly and your eyes wont strafe anymore.

I wouldn’t go for those kind of mirror things, you can go mad if you start to see different faces than your own and yet, if you don’t even see a face :smile:

Edit: Oh I just noticed when cheking that link out, that it drives the same purpose as the link in my sig, to see and realize your true nature and existance, it’s just a scarier way (when thinking about seeing different faces) :eek:

Well, my face has already looked different a bit… different forehead, no goatee, bigger eyes… all kinds of funny stuff. :grin:

Fabi

Yeah I’m going to try this too, probably during the Easter holidays. But first I have to find a big mirror to place in my room…
Let us know if you don’t see your face anymore in the mirror :grin:

fabi, I’m doing this all the time and it always scares the hell out of me…
Fascinating that I’m not the only one doing this… :eh:

Yup…I’ll report back on any progress I made.

It’s going to be hard though…I tried it last night before turning in.

I lasted maybe only 5 minutes before I started to get impatient though.
The method seems to be easy to do…if you can handle doing nothing but looking at yourself in the mirror.

OK…Here’s what I seen in my first session.

• My mothers face.
  • My face, but somehow I looked like one of the ape-like characters from Planet of the Apes. I had huge big old sad eyes too so it wasn’t too scary.
  • An alien-like appearance…like one of the characters from Star Trek…Klingons (or whatever).

I also thought I seen my reflection blink a couple of times, but no blinks on the real me…I think maybe that was my mind playing tricks on me though…it is impossible to ‘see’ yourself blink! lol

I tried the candle positioned in a few diffrent places.
The best spot for the visions seemed to be with the candle behind the mirror…so the face was pretty much in darkness but for a soft glow. I found the candle in front of the mirror (still out of the line of sight and not reflected) was too bright for seeing much.

:eek: Will persist with this…it was fun and easy to do.

i just finished my session, too. i don’t know how long i sat there. between 20 to 40 minutes i guess. i hardly blinked, too.
i saw a number of things:

• myself whithout goatee, again
  • myself with a long black beard
  • a child’s face
  • a woman’s face

also, as numerous times before, after a while it seemed as if the world and my vision was inhaling and exhaling, ie expanding and getting back to normal again.

it was fun to do :content:

:eek: heh, i have tried this before, but not on myself. I was too scared to do that :bored: I could actually see my friends face become “evil”, though he said that he could not see anything at all. After that, i have been scared of looking into the mirror when it is dark.

BUT! has anyone tried to do this exersice while LDing?

not yet. but that’s cause i haven’t had that many long and vivid LDs yet. So I still have a long list of things to do in my LDs.

Fabi

Hey…I got a weird sensation like that.

As I inhaled my vision became very clear but as I exhaled the vision got sort of misty and clouded. I found that I had to concentrate a lot for my vision to be clear while both inhaling and exhaling.
How strange!
:eh:

Woah! I gotta try this. Sounds like you guys are gettings some results. :cool:

When I was in India my Uncle gave me quie a few of these little booklets to read of Osho. I only read a few pages on the meditation books :sad: Should have read more.

-ceavou-

:smile: Hi Fabi,

Yes I know it, you can also look into your eyes in the mirror and you see
after a while different faces in the mirror. Its a way to induce a light trance. Same with forehead because you fix at one point.
Looking into an other persons eyes its an all or nothing method used by hypnotist
in the old days to induce trance. I did it long ago and sometimes i still do it.
I also did this in my lucid dreams, I looked into a dream mirror
Then i looked myself deep into my eyes
and i succeeded to hypnotise myself in my dream, was fun.
Its easier in a dream because you are already in a suggestive mood
and much of your body is ofline already,

Walking through a mirror is also very wierd!
The first time i was in a different dream scenery.
The second time i was in a silver liquid, in witch I could c what i wanted to
see, everywhere around me. like a liquid tv screen all around me.
Third time when i walked through a dream mirror i saw a endless deep pit,
with a staircase above it spiraling down in to the pitch black deepness.

Always wierd walking through a dream mirror :smile:
So try if you can.

Jeff

I will try walking through mirrors the next time i have a chance, jeff. Thanks for the suggestion. :smile:

I just sat infront of the mirror in my room for twenty minutes or so. It was fun. :content:
Maybe I’ll do it some more later on.

Fabi

I tried the mirror gazing today for about 20 minutes in the bathroom (not the best place to do this… there was way too much light…).
After 5 minutes my face started to deform (first it appeared to be black, then turned into a babyface :smile: ). After 10-15 minutes I saw myself in complete negative. It was almost as if my whole body radiated distorted light and colours (kinda like an aura).
I told my mom about what I saw in that mirror. She looked at me and started to worry. “Please stop this nonsense before you begin to hallucinate. People in mental institutions do this kind of stuff. Are you one of them?” I should have known she was going to tell me that…

I too tried this last nite but not for that long. I have question, do u guys find that you can only concentrate on one eye in the mirror? Like not at both at the same time? Or is it just me :eh:

Thanx

-ceavou-

You people have really really great ideas!!!:)Just read up on all the posts and it seems fascinating:)Indeed something for such a freak like me:)Gonna grab my huge mirror from hall to my room and stare in it till i get insane,whoa…never thought theres and easy way:)
thx…i sure post about what i saw:)

I also heared about this technique (although not in connection to OBEs).I tried watching myself in the mirror, it really can get freaky to see your own face “morphing”.In fact, even if it wouldn’t change at all it would be freaky to stare at yourself, since you also get stared at…

Traumgängeer

Yes, I think this is the natural way and maybe the only way!
When you are looking someone else in the eye (or yourself in the mirror) you can only look at one eye at a time or scan from one eye to the other. Unless you are a freak and can take in two seperate visual stimuli at once.

:confused: Sorry if I offended any three, four or five eyed people out there.

:eek: Does the exercise actually ask you to stare into the eyes…or just at the face in general? Anyway, I think as long as you are staring at something on your face it should work. The method for OBE employs staring at an ‘object’ so any-which-way will do I guess.

i never got that thinking in words speaking to yourself stuff… i never think in word…thinking has always been hmmmmmm hard to explain… does anyone else know what I mean?

I think a lot of thinking goes on in words. i mean, just think about all the dialogs you have in your mind. other stuff might just be images and ‘movies’, but you are still not neutral to what you’re seeing, you are still evaluating the input you get. I think the wordless thinking he meant, might be a kind of thinking that is not even interpreting anymore, but just absorbing…

Fabi

If you follow the exercise as been explained by Osho (the tratak mirror gazing) you must stare into your eyes. That’s what Osho says… but I think you’ll get some results too if you just stare at another part of your face :smile: