Make My Own Lucid CD

Hey, Wonderer, thanks for the idea, I might try that sometime.

Previously, I got sick of trying the WBTB method, because I found that it disrupted my sleep pattern, plus sometimes I irritated my parents by being up and about in the early hours of the morning, moving around.

:cool:
Ed.

Last night I had it playing all night, in the sequence of 45 mins silence and then the voice, repeating this all night. I didn’t have a lucid dream.

HOWEVER, due to all my thinking about it, I did have a false awakening early on before I heard the first voice. This was after about 40 minutes. I dreamt that I woke up to hear my mum and dad talking about the fact that they could hear it. I almost became lucid, because I was starting to recognise that it didn’t make sense, but I just didn’t quite manage to get lucid, and then I woke up.

The reason it didn’t make sense is: I had checked before I went to bed whether it could be heard in my mum’s room at that volume, and it couldn’t. Also, my dad was sleeping downstairs because he has a bad cough. Also, they were talking about the music on it, but this one had no music on it.

I think I need to start making other efforts again though, because the last few days I have forgotten to do any reality checks. I might also have another go at the subliminal spiral.

:smile:
Ed.

just some quick info, don’t know if you know this or not but If your trying to use binural beats you have to use head phones otherwise it won’t work. The theory of it is that it uses two differant freq sounds in both ears… like in the right 500mhz and 504mhz in the left which leave you with a remaining freq of 4mhz when the beats combine in your brain. Your brain operates at very low frequencys so we can’t hear waves low enough to match out brain waves so you have to use two slighty differant beats to get that lower wave length

Edit:

oops, read something wrong… it sounded like you were trying to do binurals with out headphones but i didn’t see that you just abandoned it and used speaker for something else

p.s: you might not want to give up on the binural beats, they work really well for me. It annoyed me at first but I made myself think of em like they were water and i was surrounded by the waves and after your brainwaves start to lower and you get near the realm of sleep you don’t notice em at all.

Ed,
I read through and I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but maybe trying “Ed, you are dreaming.” instead of “You are dreaming” :eh: …it’s like being in a room with a bunch of people and everyone is having there own converstions but when you hear your name then you pick that up almost immediately and it gets your attention and you will look over or try and listen in. You know what I mean? But I think that it would call your attention to the voice more.
just a thought. :wink:

J05h

Well I’ve been experimenting with audio for a while.

Years ago before I knew that LDing was called LDing i had seen a TV programme witha novadreamer in it and tried to tell myself i was dreaming using a tape.

Well that didn’t work. Analogue hssing, headphones and doing it when I first went to sleep ensured that.

I got a CD burner some months ago and have made a few lucidity induction CDs. The first was mostly music I associated with lucid dreaming.

This included “Silent Lucidity” by Queensryche for obvious reasons, “No More Sorry” by My Bloody Valentine because it had triggered my second lucid dream, “The Passenger” by Iggy Pop 'cos it was in the Waking Life trailer, and it seems appropriate, “Good Vibrations” by The Beach Boys and “Everything in it’s Right Place” by Radiohead because of the way they featured in Vanilla Sky and “Aqueous Transmission” by Incubus because I heard of it on this forum, reccomended because it was relaxing. I also had a few spoken messages- “You are dreamng right now” “Am I dreaming?” and “Remember your dream when you wake up”.

Usually I set the timer to play this at lowish volume (through trial and error I knew what would wake me up) at around 6 o clock. It never worked.

Next I tried a long list of reality checks, tasks, affirmations and ideas, iterspersed with the sound from Lucille - software that brings up messgaes about dreaming at random intervals. This was followed by some matrix WAVs, and then long silences with occaisional Lucille noises.
I usually combined this with WBTB. No result.

After experimenting with a self hypnosis tape (the suggestions didn’t work but telling me I was falling into a deep sleep brought WILD vibarions on) I modified a hypnosis script to make a WILD induction CD. I haven’t been able to test this properly but I may do so soon.

Anyway none of this is promising, but something I have noted was that the first times I took vitamin B6 my dreams were much closer to my real life surroundings (this became boring and less effective after a while so I gave it up), and on one occasion “No More Sorry” which on it’s own should have triggered a RC and which I had set to play during the night to induce lucidity, sounded different as I was lying in bed. I got out of bed and listened more and it was very different - There was speaking as well as singing, it was like an alternate version which only played every so often when the CD got to that track. How was this possible? My mother came into my room and I talked to her about it, but I never thought I could be dreaming. I suppose I should have been spending more time on lucid living and less trying to take shortcuts with CDs

Yeah, you should put “Ed, you’re dreaming” on the CD and make the tone of the voice like someone was really trying to tell someone else they were dreaming.

Once upon a time I tried a very similar experience, with mixed results. What I did was to write a program that I ran on my laptop. I would activate the program when I lay down to sleep. 90 minutes later, the program would play a simple sound, once a minute, for 5 minutes. Then it would wait 45 minutes and repeat the process. I even put in a snooze alarm in case the noise woke me up.

I tried it for about 5 nights, the sound queues would often make it into my dreams, but were always incorporated by the dream. I remember that one of the dreams even involved me taking my laptop to a repair shop to try and find out why it kept making strange noises :happy:

Overcoming the sleeping minds adaptation of stimulus is a very difficult task. I think that using an outside stimulator is something that would, in the long run, not be as beneficial to LD as going through all the rigors of teaching yourself to have spontaneous LD. What I mean is, that eventually you could program your mind to recognize the queues and maybe increase your LD frequency, but I am afraid that after a time, we would become TOO dependant on the device, meaning that we would have to figure out a way to wean ourselves off of the ND, and then we would just be back at square one.

I am not saying that investigations into outside stimulus producing LDs should be abandoned, anything that furthers our knowledge and ability is a GOOD thing. We just have to be careful, I would hate to see someone lose their life long ability to LD due to having used a NovaDreamer or similar device to produce a couple of months of increased activity. Eventually, I think you would get so used to the music/lights/buzzing that they wouldn’t clue you in anymore.

Just throwing my 2 cents in,
Silk

Interesting! Why dont u use recognision tags instead of just sounds?
Like sampling your voice speaking your name, ot text with a hint that you are dreaming. Laberge did that and it worked not bad.
If u have two speakers u could also test with binaural sounds…maybe combined with your own voice samples?

greetz,
Jeff

The idea of using a voice never came to me, I suppose I could have tried that. I was also just using my laptops internal speaker to generate the sounds. I don’t have a fancy stereo setup for my bedroom, in fact I don’t really have a stereo, just not into audio equipment at all I am afraid.

Things to try another day perhaps, but the limitations on what I can do with sounds next to the bed are rather great right now, my wife is a very light sleeper. Sadly, I cannot sleep with headphones on.

Silk

Right now Im doing an experiment. While Im doing anything related to LDs or anything like that I listen to the same song so hopefully when I go to sleep I will hear this song and realize that Im dreaming. Like a dream soundtrack. lol

Anywaz…when i listen to it when im on this site i barely realize it when im reading. Maybe u could read for an hour with the cd on and turn it off before u go to sleep?

Mmm think what works better is to have a record were now and then is said that you…your name…is dreaming! Or play it while you sleep. :smile:
Sthephen laberge experimented with this and others and it works!
Especially when u play it when u sleep…the bottleneck seemed to be the sound volume!

Good luck! :wink:
Jeff

well I can say I gave up my method of dreaming track (conditioning), binaural beat leading to deep sleep, hemi-sync’s sleeping through the rain, then a voice telling me all sorts of things subliminally then audiable at the end. I guess I got tired of that hemi-sync track (does it even have pink noise or binaural beats?), although hearing it reminds me very well of how tired I was and all. I think I felt vibrations once and I fell asleep once after a few tries with WBTB. I guess it was working ok for WILD but I feel that natural work will get me there eventually.

Ed keep trying!

Ed, if this doesnt work Lucid wise, it had to have helped your problem solving skills and patience . . . . i’ve read every post on this thread and its improved my patience just getting thru it all . . . . i just looked into the concept of lucid dreaming after watchin Ed (all-too-cooincidentally). u know, the show about the lawyer who owns a bowling alley. The whole episode was his big lucid dream where he could make shit happen. That being said, i logged onto the internet and started researching it. The first night it was late when i read all about the false awakenings and like parallysis and i was kinda afraid to bump into one of those happenings. i find it hard to believe that i’d think i was awake but i really wasnt . . . . kinda hard to think that that could happen. this whole messing with my dreams has kind of been a thing that i was kind of afraid of, messing up my delicate system of dreaming. i havent had nightmares since like 2 years ago and i had like half of a nightmare the first night i looked into Lds. :bored: All i haveto say is be careful to what u mess with while ur asleep. seems like something could possibly go wrong and u’d mess up ur head or something . . . hehe :tongue: . well i’m tired as crap and its 11:16 so ima see yall. keep us posted ed.

-Dushin

I actually got sick of playing round with this a few weeks ago. I might come back to it at a later date, don’t know. For the time being though, I’m trying other methods instead.

This is how I am though, I can’t stick at anything for too long. I get bored and lose interest after a while.

Ed.

Ed buddy,
I read all 3 pages of people responding to your cd idea, i have also tryed the same, and ed, buddy, u can’t give up now, ur so close, why just stop, think about how many of us new ppl to lucidity u could help just by sending a simple .wav file. c’mon ed! we NEED you to finish this… :cool_laugh: NEEED :eek: :blush: Im Outta Here, but ed, im so close to getting lucid, and maybe this would finaly get me there!!! it would be much appreaciated! :cool: :content: :smile:

Why me though? If you’re that desperate then why not try making it yourself?

The idea wasn’t for me to make it for other people anyway. The idea was to make it for myself and then if it works share it with other people. If I feel like taking a break and trying other methods instead then that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

:smile:
Ed.

Ed buddy,
If it wasnt even for you in the first place, then why did u start your own forum, and put about a million posts and updates to make ppl like me interested> :grrr:

So everyone can pick up the idea, develop it and adjust it to his own needs
On the net noone is forced to do anything, that’s what I like about it

Social anarchy :tongue:

the more totalitarian the worse - the more anarchy the better :content:

Fabi

Why don’t you stop moaning and put your energies into making something yourself?

Parasite!

:razz:

Ed

P.S. I have no problem with sharing what I’ve already done, but quite honestly, it was so easy to make, anybody here could make their own. Now, if my attentions have become side-tracked towards other methods, causing me to abandon this for the time being at least, then I make absolutely no appologies for that, because I was only ever doing it for myself. I owe nobody here anything. Anybody who’s desperate enough to have something like this, will easily be able to make it themselves. And as for whether or not you want any music with it, there must be loads of relaxing music out there that you could use. But as I say, you’re quite welcome to what I’ve already done if you really want it, but it’s only the voice, because the rest was just silence, and to be honest, it was just a computer generated voice anyway, so you could make your own just as good or probably better actually. I’m perfectly happy to offer advice and help with what software to use and various different things like that, but if you are going to try and make me feel guilty for not doing it myself just for other people like you, then you can go jump.

[color=red]
This topic has been locked.
You can find the next part of the topic Make My Own Cd here:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=2936
[/color]