My own trance/meditation method... Jeff, do you know this?

I also heared about this technique (although not in connection to OBEs).I tried watching myself in the mirror, it really can get freaky to see your own face “morphing”.In fact, even if it wouldn’t change at all it would be freaky to stare at yourself, since you also get stared at…

Traumgängeer

Yes, I think this is the natural way and maybe the only way!
When you are looking someone else in the eye (or yourself in the mirror) you can only look at one eye at a time or scan from one eye to the other. Unless you are a freak and can take in two seperate visual stimuli at once.

:confused: Sorry if I offended any three, four or five eyed people out there.

:eek: Does the exercise actually ask you to stare into the eyes…or just at the face in general? Anyway, I think as long as you are staring at something on your face it should work. The method for OBE employs staring at an ‘object’ so any-which-way will do I guess.

i never got that thinking in words speaking to yourself stuff… i never think in word…thinking has always been hmmmmmm hard to explain… does anyone else know what I mean?

I think a lot of thinking goes on in words. i mean, just think about all the dialogs you have in your mind. other stuff might just be images and ‘movies’, but you are still not neutral to what you’re seeing, you are still evaluating the input you get. I think the wordless thinking he meant, might be a kind of thinking that is not even interpreting anymore, but just absorbing…

Fabi

If you follow the exercise as been explained by Osho (the tratak mirror gazing) you must stare into your eyes. That’s what Osho says… but I think you’ll get some results too if you just stare at another part of your face :smile:

Exactly, you just are there, sitting and staring and you get these nice sensations in time to time and youre using more brain capacity, just like in a trance. You could say that you don’t have any kind of thinking, maybe a little backround thinking but it’s so deep that you barely notice it. Instead of your face morphing and blending into the backround, objects start to morph and blend into the backround and your field of visual gets vider and better, you can see 180 degrees almost without problems and you you see all in one. Hard to explain, you have to experience it :smile:

Whoa! That is an interesting subject to read about! I did that several times like one year ago or something, but I lost interest. I didn’t know that it can be used to induce an obe. I will try tonight to see if my face changed… and maybe if I’m in mood enough, I will try and induce an obe by that method. Hopefully it will work.

last night i tried it for the first time with hardly any light… it was really interesting, because my face/head did actually seem to disappear. There was enough light for me to see myself in the mirror, yet where my face was supposed to be, there was only darkness. :cool:
After a while everything turned black and I didn’t see anything anymore. kind of cool, actually. Also, when the flame moved, it seemed as if the whole room was moving and changing shape and stuff, it was really cool. :alien:

Fabi

Starring at yourself or an object causes sensory adaptation in which you eyes’ visual neurons lose their ability to fire off chemicals temporarily and no more signals are sent to the brain. I do this sometimes while starring at a light bulb and I get tunnel vision to the point where I cannot see, although it is really hard to focus to get to that stage. I’m starting to use this method to calm raging thoughts before meditation, and it seems effective so far.

Pilot, your eyes have no “visual neurons”.

I actually posted this method about 5 months ago, but I don’t think anyone ever commented on it.

There is another technique that has interesting results and is good for focusing yourself. I posted this also, but can’t remember where. If you have a room in your house where the cieling is kind of “grainy”, you can lay on the ground, stare at an abnormality (for me, it is a hook in the cieling) that is relatively small but blends in with the cieling. The cieling will start to shift around it!

i have been thinking about something quite similar, but i can’t find a decent ceiling i’m afraid… :neutral:

But i’ll try it anyway.

Fabi

Thats right, it’s “ceiling”, not “cieling” :slight_smile: “i before e except after c”… It works really well on any chaotic-patterned ceiling. For a ceiling that is an array of polka dots that are ordered, it probably wouldn’t work. If the polka dots were small and chaotically ordered, it should work. Also, the same way you look at yourself in the mirror, you have to look at the ceiling that way.

I almost did it, but I freaked out… but anways here is my experience.

While I lay on my back, I stare at the wall for a very long time. My eyes start to feel heavier and heavier. I try my best to keep staring even though I have an urge feeling to close my eyes. I find my body becoming numb quickly and my mind becoming very quiet quickly. I find my eyes closing and a HI of white hammer quickly appears, about to strike me. I jerk. I find myself staring at the wall again. Then, the next thing I know is that I realize that I’m now seeing through my eyelids, so I try to “get” up. The vibration surges through my body. It freaks me out because it comes so quickly that I am snapped out of the trance. I find myself waking up in order to try again. I stare at the wall, but my arms are being cut off of blood’s supply so I am about to move when a stranger screams, “DON’T MOVE!” I smile evilly and elevate my left hand up to rebel. I sit up quickly and scream for no reasons. This stranger mumbles something under her breathe and goes back to sleep. I laugh loudly while I get comfortable to fall asleep on my back. I wake up, realizing that it WAS a FA so I decide to stare at the wall again, not to move at all. I find myself having a nasty throbbing headache so I roll over and fell asleep.

Then this afternoon, I decided to do staring thingy at the mirror. I ended up seeing void of myself as if I’m entirely black. Then… I got a gimplse of strong, elderly chinese/japanese man, a young girl (sad-looking), and then everything started to wave. All of a sudden, everything (including the small source of light) went out (black)… and then there is a strong purple aura around me, I almost see two purple beings standing by me. It was so deep purple that I almost thought I was passing out. Then my eyes dried out so much that I had to stop and blink. lol! :smile:

What do you think of it? :smile:

This will have to do for a coment right now: Far out, dude. :grin:

I did the mirror thing few times,sadly with no such spectacular effects like rest of you:(I think ive been doing it for about 20 minutes each time and all what happened were my eyes itching and soaking.Sometimes i saw black void instead of my face but in seconds from there i had to blink what caused vision to get back to normal.
Hmmmm,really dunno why i havent seen anything insane there,especially that i thought i would.I know some belief is required while doing such things so i allways put all my scepticism on the side.Dont really know why i dont get any results then.
Anyways…good luck for the rest:)

try it with really hardly ANY light at all. the darker the room, the better, and sooner, you’ll see results. the first time i did it in a nearyl dark room my face disappeared after only a few seconds.

Fabi

I remember a few years ago, reading a book on witchcraft, sorcery, spells, and incantations. In it they used this mirror staring technique claiming that when you no longer see your face in the mirror, it is because your body has disappeared and you have become invisible to others . Just thought I’d mention it.

*the brains’, thanks for correcting me kmcdonald

Wizard, that is very interesting. I repeat, that is very interesting. That would be VERY nice if I can make myself invisible! Just imagine how much I can do if I’m invisible! Umm… :smile:

Lol dm7, you could give jeffo an invisible hug lol :happy:

Jeff