Real in the dream

As this is the first time I scribble to this forum, I hope this topic has not been covered too many times. If this is the case, please re-direct me to the corresponding URL.

I have always had an easy time for lucid dreams, naturally appearing a few times or more in a month (often in the forms of nightmares, unfortunately). The reason I started studying the topic is the fact that I underwent a very nasty sleep paralysis involving chest pain and suffocation (and we have a heart condition running in our family). But now to the subject, namely Real in a Dream.

At the forums I read about people more or less controlling their dreams. For me it is the opposite, no matter what I do, I can only subtly affect the night theatre of my mind. Examples include everything from asking a gift from the person “making” my nightmare to stealing a car. An example of a gift include the nightmarish creature turning into a beloved one, or finding a nice car. Although I know creating these images should not be impossible at all (as I have dreamt realistically of both), the lucid dream appers to stay real in its own sense, i.e. just continuing or distorting my wishes (eg. the love of my life with the face of my mother).

I have a few theories why this happens, the first one being I demand the images to spontaneously appear, rather to develope. With this I mean that maybe it is required to make the wish a part of the dream before demanding its appearance, eg. going to a place where I usually do or meet someone, instead of expecting it to appear to me. I would appreciate any response, the main theme being how you control your dreams, avoiding “distortion” :blush:

best wishes
joccis

you should most definately try the “the object will be behind this door” approach. and before you go “behind the door” or wherever you plan on the
“object” being, you should make a very vivid picture of it before hand. this can help it be more like what you want, and undistorted. picture all details, the smells, as much as you can. i hope this helps, good luck joccis :smile:

Agree with above post with just one exeption.Id skip part of visualizing.That involves more “thinking” rather than doing.Try it.If it does not work stay with just expecting the person/thing behind the door.I know its hard but its a question of attitude-be sure it will be there with no deliberating.
As to the rest of your post- i think i know what u mean about those problems with control.Dream realm has a fascinating feature- it creates visually or emotionally everything you think.It includes also thoughts which you`re not aware at the moment.People who fear to ld i.e often report that they saw daemons and had nightmares,while those who treat it as exciting expedition where theres nothing to fear are fine.I hope you get what i mean.Sometimes the dream creates reality based on those unintentionall fears/thoughts.And i guess only help here is to try changing ones attitude…to get the feeling of being firstly pretty confident about what u can do and secondly relaxed but interested(like the mood you getting into before going to the party you are sure gonna be great fun).
All those things are easier said than done but i guess if you keep thinking about positives you eventually can “make” your thoughts match to it.
good luck