New here? shake hands with the rest of us :) [III]

I just stumbled upon your site and it looks quite informative so I figured I’d register and see what I can learn :smile:

~Ceallach~

Hello people.
I’m 15 years old and in 10th grade. I’m really interested in lucid dreaming, and I’ve only had one lucid dream on purpose but I’m determined to have more. I remember having one a long time ago but I didn’t think much of it, especially since it was a nightmare from watching the twilight zone when I was way too young.
I like to write and I’m getting close to finishing a novel, but I realized that when I get deep into writing a book that it’s not near as fun for me, so I don’t think writings totally for me, even though it comes natural.
My biggest interest right now is music. I love punk rock and psychadelic music, like Pink Floyd. I’m learning how to play the guitar. It’s such a blast.
I like martial arts a lot, and I’ve taken many years of a couple different styles, including Tang Soo Doe and Tae Kwon Doe.
I’m a little bit into politics and I like to know what’s going on in the world, and not just what the mass media tells you. It bothers me when people just don’t care what’s going on in the world and just believe what they’re told like a bunch of mindless drones so that the government can take advantage of them as much as they want. I feel that it’s everyones job to fight at least a little bit of happy stupidity, but I know it’s a lot easier for people to resort to comfortable lies instead of the uneasy truth. I could write many pages on that topic, so I’ll end it there.

I’m really looking forward to having more lucid dreams and experimenting in them. I’m sure that with all the smart people on this forum I’ll have more luck, and I hope for good luck to everyone. :grin:

Love, Peace, Unity

hi i’m stacy. i haven’t tried LD’s, just trying to get info about them. i’ll probably try tonight. i first heard about them a few days ago on the tv show Ed where he has a LD. some of my hobbies are playing softball, field hockey (my school’s the state champs!), piano, and flute. i’m 15 and in 9th grade. my favorite tv shows are the whole thursday line-up on NBC (friends, ER…), alias, gilmore girls, CSI, ed, american idol, and my new fav, boston public.

Hello everyone. I’m 15 and have been having (low level) LDs since I was about 9. Around half of my recent dreams are lucid, and of low-medium lucidity (I think).

Hi I’m John, and I’m 13. I like dreams they are like realy fun. So I wantto have LD’s cause they sound fun. I get some weird dreams. I was once in this fantasy world where I had to run from these guy shooting at me. But I just kept rolling instead of running to dodge the bullets. Then I started flying in this weird plane. And I was a friend with a bear. And i saw weird people who live like beavers in there houses, and i had to sgoot down planes that were all flying the same way. And once, well I’l shut up cause i know you people want me too. But it was a cool dream. Any way, uhh, happy dreaming.

Hey,

My name is Z and my first lucid dream was about 6 months ago. Then i watched Waking Life and realise it was a lucid dream and since then I have had approx 6. Usually I will have one LD per month but this month I have already had 2. Yay!!

Anyway I think this site is great. To have a place to communicate with other intelligent people and share knowledge and info about LD’s. Thank u to the founder of this site may it bring many people to have LD’s as often as possible:)

Welcome aboard Z :smile:

Jeff

Hi, im Nexz, 14 years old, programmer on demand :wink:.
I have been LDing since i was 7 years old, but i didn’t know what you could do with em :razz:.

-Nexz

Hello. My name is Lymion. I am a dreamer.

Lowers his head and accepts the encouraging nods and claps of sympathy from the fellow dreamaholics.

So. I’m a 20 year old student from Finland. I had the first LD I can remember a couple of years ago. I ran from someone, jumped off a tower and noticed I could fly. The moment of lucidity was relatively short but, well, I was hooked. By then I hadn’t heard of lucid dreaming. At some point I read about it somewhere, and found a link here.

Been practicing more lately. I’m looking to master the art by the time I have grandchildren.

This site’s a treasure.

i found this site from another forum…i’m dawn, 21 and in omaha, ne. this looks like a good board, and i hope to have some good conversations with ya’ll and learn things as i go along…

I’m Daron ,yeah I know I have a guys name. Haha :smile: Does anyone have any suggestions on good dream journals to read? I love hearing other people’s experiences.

Heyz,

Dreams are the funniest things. No one really knows where they’re coming from, or how they are made. Maybe that’s a part of why I’m drawn to them.
I love dreams, ever since I remember I loved to wake up slowly, let the dreams go on.
I’ve been lucid years and years before I even knew what “lucid” meant. Thought it too, that that was “the way everyone dreamt”. Then I read somewhere that most people don’t dream in collour, that most people don’t have the ability to smell in their dreams.
Dreams scare me sometimes, not because of what happened in them, but of one specific smell that keeps coming back. A smell that means “beware”.
I’m play the recorder and piano. Love to read fantasy, and I try to write as well. So I’m kind of an artist :wink: Hey, that gives me the right to dream!
Am 23, live in Belgium, and I consider Oxford (England) my “second home”. This june, if all goes well, I’ll finish my studies as journalist.

Hey Jeff, Hey Gwenyth and of coarse all u other lovely people,

Thanks for saying hi :smile:

Hey Jeff when did u start LD’s? U seem to be a veterin on this site.

Gwenyth, how many LD’s have u had. DO u usually remember your dreams?? No need to be scared of anything u seem happy and positive and therefore no negativivity can affect u.

I had my first ld in 1984 lol Z!
There was no internet for me then…2 years later i found a book by laberge! I just had lucid dreams from 1984 out fo the blue…lol…
Tried most things in a ld, i will always love lucid dreaming…i think you get hooked to it once you have them for your whole live, its addicting lol!

:wink:

Greetz,
Jeff

Thats so true Jeff. It’s very addictive. But it enable u to live for almost 24 hours a day, which is amazing. For how ever many hours awake in this reality an then however many hours in a playground of dreams where u r the boss or god or whatever u want to call it.

I have found that my dream recall since having LD’s has increased but 100’s of % and also my LD frequency had just started picking up. I find LD’s so fascinating. That is I find all dreaming fascinating.

Wow u have been having LD’s for yonks. Do u have really long LD’s and r they really vivid? WHats your longest and what is the thing u most like to do in them??

Hello All! :smile:
My RL name is Valerie , but u can all just call me Blue. I’m 17yrs old and i’m new. I had my 1st dream recall from a nap i took today and i’m really excited!!! :grin: I know it’s not much, but it’s a big step for me! Can’t wait to get really good at this kind of thing. I’m really motivated and excited. Anywho, helllooo! :wiske:

Welcome blue :wink: A fresh cookie just for you :smile:

Jeff

Cookie from Amsterdam!!!You know what they are baked of,dont you Blue?
Jeff…shes just 17!!!:slight_smile:
hehe
ps.good luck Blue:)

Ummm, hey.

My RL name is Nic… im 14. Thats pretty much about it. Me and 2 friends kinda got into LD stuff about a month or 2 ago (one of them is on these boards somewhere… looks around)… I still cant get the hang of it, but I think I should read a little more into it. :grin:

hi,
i am also new to the whole lucid dreaming thing.
i first heard about lucid dreaming in a discussion in a bmx message board, it was interresting so i did some research and found this site.

well anyway my real name is Daniel, i am 15 and i hope to learn more about dreams and stuff because it is all just so fascinating.