Summer VS. School

Ok, here’s the story.

I found out about lucid dreaming last summer in august I think. Well I browsed this site for quite a while and I ended up know about the major LD inducing techniques (MILD, WILD, etc…).

The very same night, I had my first LD ever. Although it didn’t lasr long I was very excited. The next night I had what I now know is called an OBE, also very exciting.

Anyway, the next few days I guesse I didn’t get any LDs and somehow I just ended up “forgetting” about lucid dreaming. Next thng I knew school started and I completely forgot about LDs.

Just a few weeks ago I started thinking about it again and came back to this site maybe 2 weeks ago. I’ve tried the same techniques that worked for my my first time but it doesn’t seem to be working now. :panic: The only thing I noticed is tha my dream recall was gatting much better for a few days (2-3 dreams per night).

So anyway, my question is this; is it easier to have LDs when school is out? During school I get about 7 hours rather then 9-10 hours in summer…

well, getting more sleep definately does help you to have more dreams and more chances to LD, so that might be one reason. you could try getting to bed earlier on school nights, that’s what i do.

also, there is the chance of you having beginners luck. where you get so excited about LD’s when you first start out, that you think about them a lot throughout the day, and thus you end up getting lucky with LD’s right away.

i think that the more you think of LDing throughout the day, the better your chance. it is especially helpful to think of the point in your dream that you realize your dream and perform some kind of MILD throughout the day. it helps me anyway, good luck getting the LD’s goin again. :smile:

I think you get the most REM sleep 10 hours after you fall asleep, so yeah it would be easier to get an LD if you sleep longer.

As you sleep, your REM period get longer. I am pretty sure they reach their peak sometime around 6 AM. I find that I can LD the best around 8 AM, and that only happens on saturdays, or when school is out.