Very heavy feeling while laying in bed

Well I am laying in bed and at times, I get this very heavy heavy feeling. Its like my body is just shutting down and its falling asleep right now whether I like it or not. not doing any kind of WILDs or anything. Just laying in bed. My eyes feel very heavy and I start to close them then my body starts to shut down and I have the feeling that I can’t move. I let it go and I get this feeling coming towards me each time I close my eyes. I open my eyes and I have the same feeling all over again. I was thinking I could use this feeling to have something but I am kinda scared to have OBE stuff lately. From the usual fears of being stuck and attacked and stuff I read. But anyways, was this a feeling that I could just use to instantly lucid or anything? I just hate how it kinda feels evil in a way. Its not sleep paralysis cause I can move. Its kinda hard to and I have to fight but I eventually move. But my body does go into paralysys type mode. I don’t know how to do it, just at times my body will do it. I think when I have been up too long. I have no clue how to induse it. if I did that would be awsome. It scares me at the time, in the morning I get mad and wish I could have it again, then when I do I get scared again.

it just means that you are really close to sleep. When you feel that you should be able to fall asleep very quickly.

Have you ever felt this in a dream? I do when I’m about to wake up. The heavier I get the closer I am.

(sorry about the double post,thought of this right after submiting)

It might be a light trance. You should look into that because it is a good skil to have.

I’ve heard of people saying they feel heavy before they fall asleep, never personally experienced it, but is it that different for purposes of inducing a WILD than being in a state where you are able to manipulate your sense of motion (ie: I can make it seem to my sense of balance that I’m swinging like in a hamoc etc.)?

:grin: ever curious,
Greyfyre

I just read a really cool article on this… I have felt this before and it is part of a trace that can be used to self induce an OBE. I want to experience an OBE very much so I have been reading about it alot! Anyway, here is the link. nightspell.dhs.org/info.html I tried last night to induce the trance and I got pretty far into it. The main thing is to keep the mind awake as you let your body sleep. I went through the heavy body to not feeling my body to feeling like I was upside down. I realated taht to the start of an obe where the head is stuck and it is the only thing holding you into the body. Anyway, I would almost slip into dream world (which I did not want to do) and then would become aware of my body and mental alertness again, to slip back into dream land. Anyway way I woke up this morning with out astral projection. So, now I have another thing to work on again tonight. Hope this link helps.

“self induce an OBE” - I don’t understand what you mean. Wouldn’t all OBEs be self-induced?

I have read where some people have them throughout the day they don’t realize that they slip into the mental state needed to induce the OBE and they just happen. This might occur when watching TV or driving down the road, etc… I even read a book called “He came to set the captives free” In this book it was demonic posession and the demons would take the human spirit for astral projection at their will. So, yes I believe there is a difference in self induce astral projection and any other form of astral projection. :cheesy:

ITS EXACTLY THE SAME THING FOR ME!! I always go to bed at night and feel heavy/paralysis, and I know I can go into an LD/ OBE, but then I freak out, get scared, and open my eyes and stop. Then in the morning I regret not having done it, promise that I will do it the next night, then get scared again! I think it has to do the environment I am in at the moment. In the morning it is bright and “cheery”, thats when I promise I will do it. But then when its night time, and Im alone in my room and its dark, the envirnment is alot more dark and scary to have an OBE in. SO I am going to awake after 6 hours of sleep and try in the morning. I read a really good technique. Imagine yourself sinking deeper and deeper into the bed. When you get the vibes, you can try to have an OBE by imaging roling out of your body, or you can goo with the vibrations and achieve a lucid dream. SO for you, who only wants to LD, just go with the vibs and dont resist anything!
-Ben
p.s-I also had that fear of being stuck or somthing atacking me, but its all in your mind! If somthing does attack you, remember its all in your head, and try to make friends with it (or morph it into somthing more pleasing…eh eh :smile: ), whatever you want that more pleaseing thing to be you can decide :wink:. Just go with it!

It’s just the beginning of a WILD

Yes it is a light trance…when you go through hypnosis you go through this stage to, i mean the heavy feeling. It means you are strongly relaxt and close to sleep paralyses…very close. It should easely transform to a sleep paralyses experience. Try to lower your heart rate because then less adrenalin is made and you will feel better. Try to go with the flow :smile:
Start to breathe in a relaxt way ok! :happy:

Jeff

yeah I think I had it again last night. I mostly have it alot. I think I am having one right now cause I am so dead tired. But sometimes in bed this heavy feeling comes on so strong that its hard to resist. I can’t fight it cause as soon as I get out of it, my body won’t ever stop feeling heavy an stop shutting down. I lift my head up but my head slowly lays back down and I try and keep my eyes open but they slowly close, and I try to move but my body slowly paralysis itself. I wish it happenes when I try to WILD. I dunno why it happens when I lay in bed and don’t wanna do anything with lucid dreaming. I stay up all night on the PC till like 4 am in the morning and have to work at 9 am for work everyday. I think it comes from not enough sleep. Cause I’ll be so tired and stay online no matter what. I am an online junkie :smile:.

But I was thinking this. Right now I am like soooo tired. Usually I’ll be on the PC and fall asleep and wake up and keep being online with my eyes all half closed and all. I was thinking if my body is all tired but I am staying awake cause I am reading the forum or playing, that I can just lay my head down at my desk or lay back in my chair and go with the feeling right away and have a WILD. Instead of getting up and going to lay down in bed and start it all over again. Your body is already in the state it needs to be.

True! i once played a game for 48 hours non stop and after that i found out i could easely do selfhypnosis and get in ot a deep trance in no time.
Normally that takes some time but then it were only seconds…

Jeff