First full-blown Lucid Dream!!

:grin: I just woke up from my first lucid experience :content: Well, I’ve become lucid before but it didn’t work out.

Anyway, I was right about my theory of how I become lucid, unfortunately. It only happens when something scary is going on in the dream and that isn’t often. So what happened was I was in the car with my family going somewhere for vacation, and there’s this tornado up ahead (I have a lot of tornado dreams). We keep going toward it and make a left going over this small, weird bridge. “Dad, can’t we just go back?” I think I said. I was afraid, but I thought maybe if I don’t think about it, it’ll go away! I looked at my brother sitting next to me then looked out and it was gone. I looked at my bro again and said “It worked!” Only to see a tornado again when I looked out. “Darn it” I said laughing a bit and smiling. It was then that it hit me: “I’m dreaming!” I realized it because of the “Not Thinking About It” technique (in the dream).

So I was lucid but, like I’ve posted before, I feared I’d get this strange bad feeling I got when I became lucid in a dream :sad: . It came, but not as strong as usual and I fought it off! YEAH! But I woke up… Or so I thought. I went back into a different dream without the lucidity and just quickly became lucid. I was on our drive way looking at my brothers opening the gate to let our dogs out. I’m not sure if it was in this dream or the last that I did this, but I tried to talk and it came out like I had really lost my voice. I have a false awakening again. I wake up going “huhhh” trying to talk like I was in the dream. I think I got up to pee and then got back into the dream.
I see our smallest dog and I falsely wake up again, then think I might be able to get back into the dream by thinking about it. I only thought of our little dog for a second and I was back.

Whoo! I was finally in the LD to stay :grin: I don’t remember what I first did, but I remember walking up the stairs to go inside. Before I enetered I looked at my hands. They were kinda hard to see, a little blurry and sort of moving, like I needed glasses, but I got a pretty stable view of them. I’m pretty sure I had six fingers. It went normal until about my ring finger which was another pinky :alien: For some reason I wanted to know what my hand would look like opening the door.
I’m trying to remember what I did when I came in! I do know that when I was in I remembered one of the first things I’ve been wanting to try after I heard some other guy on here did it: Look at one of my Calvin and Hobbes books. I picked up the top one on my stack of C&H which was the one that I was reading last night. It was pretty funky, the first thing I opened up to was two whole pages of a black background and words like “BOOM” and “BAM.” People were supposedly throwing snowballs and Calvin and Hobbes, who were trying to dodge them. Hobbes looked pretty much normal, but Calvin didn’t have hair and he had weird rectangular things on the side of his head instead of ears. I wanted to remember what everything on the page said when I woke up, so I looked at the words trying to memorize them. The way I couldn’t really see them and memorize them was most definitely strange. I did remember BAM and BOOM, though :smile: . I turned the page to see a normal looking comic (In the sense that it wasn’t two whole pages of BAM and BOOM).

I put it down and decided to check out what my games would be like but I got distracted by something (I forget what) and I went out to our living room. I tried to jump high but it didn’t work. The second time I jumped and I went higher. I looked at my bro and said “Cool!” I then attempted a few more times to try and fly (inside the house :eh: ) but failed. I went back to the entrance of my room and decided I’d make a girl appear. I wanted to shut the door and close my eyes to imagine she would be in there. I was afraid to close my eyes, though, because I heard if you blink in a dream you might open your real eyes. I went out to our living room again to try it (I don’t know why I went out there just to try it) and it worked fine! I closed my eyes for about 2 seconds to open up to the dream. I tried about two more times with success. I headed back to try it when I saw my brother on the computer and my two other bro’s around him. I went over to see what he was doing. I was pretty bored and I took my brother’s arm and was going to smack it on my brother who was on the computer’s head, but I smacked it into my head for some reason.

I could feel that I wasn’t as stable in the dream as I was earlier when I could do anything without waking up. I tried to find stuff to look at or things to do so I’d keep lucidity. It’s obvious I was losing it because I didn’t think to do a reality check. I opened the front door and thought about running so I’d get more sucked into the dream. Then my dog got out the front door and I went out to get him. He was just peeing on the stairs when I grabbed him and tried to hold him there. I then woke up.

I hate to say it, but it was all a little boring. It was probably because I didn’t do very much. For some of the dream I think I wasn’t totally lucid. It wasn’t boring, it was fun and exciting, it just wasn’t super great. It seems like just exploring wouldn’t be all that fun, but maybe other people have more exciting environements in their dreams. I also have to say it didn’t feel very real, it felt dream real. I don’t remember wind or heat or feeling much stuff. I did feel pain, however, when I was jumping up and down. I’m glad I had an LD and I hope I have more :cool: especially where I’m more lucid so I remember more things to do. I didn’t remember a lot of the stuff I wanted to try, I didn’t try the “Increase lucidity” technique or anything. I just went along with a lot of the dream like I wasn’t lucid. I always wondered how in the world you lose lucidity and go along normally with the dream. It seems like being lucid would be too exciting, but you just can’t help it. You don’t think to stay concious and you slip out of lucidity.

I didn’t do anything at all to induce this LD. I didn’t read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming or try WILD etc. The most I did was think about the subject of Lucid Dreaming. I hardly even did that! Actually, I did pray, like I do every night, that I’d have an LD. I had my doubts, of course.

So that was my LD. Kinda long, sorry. I’m just glad I had one :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU DID IT! :partying_face:

Very nice to hear you’re making progress. I’m still waiting for my first true lucid dream (I’ve had about 6 low-level ones that lasted only a few seconds).