An introduction of myself?

::waves hello::

I just joined this board today, so I figured I’d greet everyone with a “hello” message. So allow me to introduce myself…or rather the person I perceive myself to be:

My name is Vonda, I was born on 4/16/87 (totally missing the 60's :sad: )  I also have dreadlocks that I've been growing for a year now. I'm into bands such as the Grateful Dead, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin...and others.  I also sketch cartoons and such, along with painting watercolors.  Besides jamming out ot music and painting, thinking is also another one of my favorites.  Metaphysical ideas intrest me, and also just pondering the basic "what if's" and "why's" of life.  Being a black gal and having intrests such as these have gotten me alot of opposition over the years.  But my individuality rises above all other aspects of myself, so I gatta do what I gatta do. :content: 

Alternate states of consciences have always intrigued me (well, “always” as in ever since I started experimenting with psychedelics- 4 years ago). My favortie altered state is an LSD trip, but recently I’ve been searcing for more “real” methods to alter my mind. So, after watching the movie "Waking Life my intrests have shifted more so to dreams.

So yeah, my research on lucid dreaming has led me here today. So far, this site has greatly helped me on my quest to lucidity. I figure the forum would help me even better on my journey.
(Eh, sorry for writing so much. I hope I didn’t bore you too much… :shy:)

hEy

Welcome to the board fellow Carolinian! :smile:

I’ve been away from the board a whole month and I’m anxious to catch up on what I’ve missed. I’m glad to see so many new faces. :happy:

I like your taste of music. Radio Head’s “Karma Police” sticks out when I read your post. I love that song. :music: Have you heard Dolly Parton’s remake of “Stairway to Heaven?” Her voice is beautiful yet it sounds haunting. It was her version that made me actually hear the words and understand the song.

You started using psychedelics 4 years ago! :wow: According to your birthday that would make you 11 or 12 years old. Wow, thats young … but I’m sure you know that and I’m not trying to lecture you.

I’ve also experimented with psychedelics such as LSD and Shrooms. My favorite was shrooms because the LSD seemed too “chemical-like” and left me feeling weird and sore the next day. It also made my back hurt and I felt poisoned. … Well, I was actually. :oof: Shrooms seemed to give me more visuals and I didn’t “feel” poisoned, though my best friend hated them and often spent his time praying to God in a room by himself. Shrooms always gave him a bad trip, LSD however always left him feeling great. Go figure. :shrug:

On my last LSD trip 3 years ago I decided to never take it again, and I meant it. I took a powerful dose of it and lost track of space and time. However, it was one of my best trips. It lasted over 15 hours and I was with great friends to share the experience. Eventually we found ourselves exploring the woods until sunset and I kept thinking we were cavemen in the dinosaur age. The plants and sounds even seemed to be from that era. Lots of crazy stuff happened that I could write pages about, but I’ll save that for another time. That would make a fun thread, “Craziest psychedelic experience.” :wink:

As fun as these crazy trips sound I would never recommend them to anyone. Psychedelics are very powerful and dangerous. Ask any hospital worker. I know our local hospital have treated people that will never be able to function properly again. One patient has been hospitlized for over 7 years and he can’t “come down.” He is always in a “bad trip” and sees snakes crawling over people. It’s sad and very serious. I don’t think we are aware of the dangers and potential of these “brain changing” drugs.

Lucid dreaming is the perfect and safest way to “hallucinate.” It is the perfect “natural psychedelic.” I think my LD ability is a large reason why my desire for “drug psychedelics” have faded. I would much more enjoy a nice LD and wake up feeling refreshed, instead of 15 hours of no sleep and then a day long hang-over. … or sometimes days of hangover. I can do anything and more in a LD, a drug trip does have it’s limits. I remember one trip where I tried very hard to envision myself flying and failed, I can easily fly within my LDs. I could even take psychedelics within my LDs. :happy:

Ok, I’ll shut up now. Can you tell I’ve been gone for a month. :wink: Good-luck on your LD journey! :thumbs:

Welcome :smile:
Nice introduction you posted here.I am interested into psycheadlecis myself (although I´ve never tripped).
Don´t want to open a discussion here, but some short note to this guy who can´t come down:
Weed can also reveal a psychose that is within you

Anyway, I agree that mushrooms are very powerful things, dreams are also my first choice to brake on through, to the other side… (how about the doors?)

Traumgänger

Am I only the one who is completely somber? Gee, I wonder what it’s like to have a drug trip… not mean I want to try it out. I do agree that Lucid Dreaming is the best… whole best thing you can have once you master it. WILDing is the next thing :happy:. I know I’m a WILD freak, but it’s so darn cool! Anyways, welcome to the forum! Hope it will be very useful and helpful to you!
Welcome again!

Greetings,
DM7