Well, _something_ happened... but what?

Hi everybody.

I have been training for several weeks now, and tonight something strange happened.

I was lying on my back in bed, relaxing my muscles, and trying to reduce my breathing to a minimum. My body went very heavy (this took about 15 minutes to achieve) and after that I must have dozed off for a few seconds.

Suddenly I awoke violently as my body spasmed, it was like my body was thrown up, not just a limb by itself as I sometimes experience, and my body landed on my bed again. The covers were partially thrown off with the movement. My heart was racing like crazy.

I’ve read that it’s just some spastic thing or something to do with astral projection. I just wanted to share it with you as I found it quite strange.

Thanks for your time,

Detonite

I know a lesser form of that is common when going from a waking to sleeping state, but I don’t know why it would happen going in reverse…

Every time I hear someone talking about this, I’m always surprised at the lack of responses from people who have experienced the same thing. Based on my own accounts, I’ve always just assumed that these sudden ‘jumps’ were a very common occurrence for everyone. Sometimes when approaching unconsciousness, I’ll get a sudden image of myself falling or about to be hit by something, and I’ll react with a startled jump. I don’t think there is anything more to this than instinctual reaction to potential danger. The intensity of this particular instance does sound somewhat unusual, but I’m skeptical to pass it off as anything beyond what I’ve already described.

Tell me Detonite, did you experience any visuals just before or during this event?

I remember this happening to me a few times when I was younger. Usually I was trying to stay awake and I figured it was some kind of reaction from my mind trying to reject itself from falling asleep. Maybe try relaxing and accepting that “heavy” feeling you get in your body…just let it go.

Yeah I’m pretty sure this happens to everyone periodically. I mean, not like everyday, but every once in awhile at least. I mean can anyone honestly say they haven’t felt some sort of an involuntary jolt at some point in their lives?

Atheist >> No, I didn’t have any visuals, at least none that I can remember. I just dozed off for a few seconds and then it happened.

Normally I always know what causes the small spasms (mostly legs) to occur. I always trip off a sidewalk. That’s what also made this unusual.

Thanks for your time,

Detonite

Detonite, have you read THIS thread? :eh:

I had something like this last night.

In gym that morning we had been playing basketball.

While I was sitting out I got hid in the face once, and just narrowly locked two other balls from hitting me.

That night while I was laying down in bed trying to go to bed, I saw the image of a basketball coming towards me.

Upon seeing this my body spasmed.

Not really the same thing, but still a spasm, and an image.