False awakenings

What do false awakenings feel like. When u kno ur dreaming is ur dream room dark.

FA’s are very vivid and usually convincing awakenings. Thus, it is of the utmost importance that should you awake from an LD you automatically perform RC’s to ensure that you are awake or still dreaming. The dream room is not necessarily any darker than your actual room (at least, in my experiences).

You’ve been asking an awful lot of questions. You’re like me when I first came here :happy:

I’ve only had 2 false awakenings that I remember having and only 1 that I remember the details of. They’re not really special like lucid dreams, they’re just dreams where you falsely (if that’s a word) awaken and you go about doing what you would do if you really woke up (usually). You tend to not think anything of it because you’re so convinced it is real.

The FA I can remember was strange: I was in my bathroom brushing my teeth thinking over and over “This is not a false awakening. No way, nope. This is definitely not a false awakening.” I hadn’t thought much about false awakenings at that time so it is weird that I was thinking that. It’s like my mind was trying to tell me “It’s a FALSE AWAKENING, idiot!” but I just ignored it. Apparently I knew darn well that it was specifically a false awakening. Funky, eh?

Yes unfortunaley i never expierenced lucid dreaming b4 and have alot of questions about it