Who's dreaming?

There a difference in lots of dreams. you’ve got the regular dream, and when you wake up, you know you were dreaming. Sometimes you remember, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes you forget the minute your feet touch the ground. Just dreams.
But there’s also the dream in where you know you’re dreaming. You know there’s evil, and you know it’s gonna strike, but you’re sure it’s not going to happen, because it isn’t real. It’s just a dream. But when the enemy strikes, it’s like you were fully dreaming, and it really hurts.
Let me start with the beginning: I was sitting on a rock, in a cave. The rock was lying partly in some kind of sea, but the water was steady. My mom was there, only she was a fish, a whale if I remember correctly. Suddenly, another fish came by. Swordfish. My “mom” didn’t trust it, and kept telling it to go away. She said she didn’t trust it anymore. It kept swimming towards her, hitting her. And then, one moment, I suddenly realised it wasn’t after my mom, but it was after me. The twilight made room for total blackness, as it swam one last time towards my “mom”, but swam past her. I knew it was coming for me, but I also realised it was only a dream. It couldn’t hurt me, since it was merely a dream. Or so I thought. I heard it talk, in a funny voice, at my left. It said it had had enough of people telling him he could be “good”, if he was meant to be bad, he’d be bad. I panicked a little, at the sound of it’s voice, but kept telling myself it was only a dream. If I opened my eyes, I would be fully awake, so what harm could it possibly do? Well, it bit me. Took me by surprise as well, because I felt it’s teeth against my skin, I felt the pressure. So in full panick, I switched on the light. Nothing, but the strange feeling in my head, and the not wanting to switch off the light again, even though it wasn’t even 2 am, and I was really tired.

It’s been a while since I was scared to go to bed, but I was then. Not too many weeks ago. So here’s a question: why, if I knew I was dreaming, if I knew that if I opened my eyes, I’d be awake, why then did I feel it’s attack as if it were really happening?

There’s another question, related to another dream. A dream from many years ago, and I don’t remember the “unimportant” details.
I just remember I was out there, in a city. I realised I could do anything I wanted to, and that was odd, since I was dreaming. Maybe I went looking for answers, maybe I just met “it”, but I remember feeling a presence. I’d felt that presence before, in other dreams. A familiar presence, yet this time, it wasn’t too pleased with me. It didn’t speak to me, but still it let me know, let me féél that “it” was in controle of the dream. And true, I couldn’t control anything but my own actions, the “dream” had it’s rules, and I had to obbey them. And “it” didn’t seem to like that I had control about my own actions. I turned, and saw “it” in a flash. All I can remember was “hairy” and “golden”.

If anyone knows an explanation for that one, be my guest. LD’ing often reminds me of this scene. “someone” to control the dream, “someone” in charge, so I can be the kid again, no worries, just let it all happen.

When I said before, that I “recognised” the presence, that’s because I remembered it in previous dreams. For exemple a dream in where I had a fight with my parents, and I ran away from home. I ran through some streets, but someone in a car followed me. I ran to the playground in our neighbourhood, because I knew it couldn’t follow me then. But he knew the way, and he was waiting for me when I ran past the playground. I got tired from running, and I went to lay down in the gutter. The car stopped, behind me, and I heard the man coming closer, but didn’t care. I was tired and in need of sleep. I remember his blue jeans and brown leather shoes. He stayed with me till I woke up. When I woke, he was sitting in his car again. Darkblue, if I remember correctly. I remembered the fight with my parents, and went on to the house of a friend of mine. Her mom opened the door, and let me in, she said my friend was upstairs, to go to her. So I went upstairs. All I remember from the dream was that it was dangerous, that the place wasn’t safe for me, that I had to go, asap. I don’t know if I got the chance to run or not, but that didn’t matter.

What did matter, were 2 things. 1. who was that guy, and why was he there? to hurt me? to help me? I thought he was bad, but then I didn’t know why he was staying with me while I slept. It didn’t make sense to me, not in my dream, and not afterwards. 2. I had never been upstairs in my friends house, only downstairs. I had no way of knowing what the place looked like. Years later, I went upstairs. Exactly as I dreamd it, only in the dream, there had been a blue curtain, that in real life wasn’t there. So what’s that? How did I know what I couldn’t have known?

lol I know… it’s a lot… well, it’s 1:30 am, almost, and in about 5,5 hours, I’ll have to wake up again. Seems like “sleep” can be a friend, but an enemy as well…

Perhaps it was a very vivid dream, which felt was só real that you could easily confuse it with reality. Or maybe you experienced a hypnopompic hallucination. These are strange images, feelings, hallucinations which can occur at the moment of waking up. They can be véry strong and scary, so maybe this explains what you experienced.

Who knows… This could have been an OBE, where your dream body went to the house and saw that room. Years later the room looked almost the same, so you MUST have been there before somehow. So much secrets are still hidden in the human mind :content:
Here’s a very intriguing and similar story:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=2232

This is conserning your 1st dream:
Maby the reason why u left the bite so vividly is because u were having and almost real dream and it was intense. This happens to me too. Sometimes in my dream i trip over a chair and then fall down. In my bed i actually feel the pain and my leg twitches a bit
About your 2nd dream:
Maby that “guy” was your dream guide or something. Instead of running away from him, u should of stopped and asked “him” if he was your dream guide. Lots of ppl do this in their dreams.
I hope u post some more of your dreams! They are very interesting!!!

Yep, i agree with all above…most propably it was just intense and vivid LD.Happens to me too,especially when im just about to propose sex to someone in Ld- even tho i know im dreaming theres allways some fear on the back of my head “what if im wrong here?”.Same goes for situations when im about to jump off the balcony:):):slight_smile:
take care