Lucid dreaming with real eyes open

I’ve had less than ten lucid dreams, and I just had two this morning. I’m wondering about the first dream. When i realized i was dreaming the scene changed. I tried to spin to change the scene, but the EXACT scene was always in my view. I tried to move the scene slightly to the side, but couldn’t. This has happened to me once before. When i wake up, it turns out that i am interpreting what i see with my real eyes, and making it into a dream scene. I am dreaming while this happens, though, because i can “move” my dream-body. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I just need to find out a way to close my eyes while i’m dreaming. Hopefully i’ll realize next time what is happening, and try to remedy it.

How do you know your eyes are open while you are sleeping? I have had the problem of not knowing whether my eyes are opened or closed if I am in SP, so I tend to not take it for granted.

I’ve only realized that my eyes were open after waking up. I realized they were open b/c the picture in my dream was so similar to what my eyes saw when i woke up, and the picture in my dream wouldn’t change.

Like I said about SP, sometimes I can’t be sure whether or not my actual eyes are open or not, but I think that the picture isn’t evidence enough that your eyes were open. I have slowly gone from dream to wake before, and in between in SP. The SP would be a type where I have consciousness of my bed and the things I know are around me, but I can’t move. I can “see through my eyes”. Before I actually snap out of SP, there is a strange transfer from seeing with my “dream eyes” (the memory of my room being mapped onto my visual cortex, or perhaps, simply directly to a spatial property of my body image) to seeing with my real eyes. This line is always blurry, but while they “feel” different, they can be very similar in what I see. So, it would take a little more convincing for me to be sure that your eyes were, in fact, open.

Let me give two examples:

I was having a lucid dream. I flew around, until i was overlooking a lake. I found that I couldn’t move my view, and i saw my blankets, and the lake with whitish fog. After a while i faded awake, and saw my blanket (the same like i saw in my dream), and i was looking at a sheet over my window, that looked like the lake. (General color areas matched)

In another dream right after i become lucid the scene changes. I can’t move my view at all. After a while I fade awake, and i find that i’m looking at stuff on the floor that matches the dark and light patterns of the scene in my dream, but in my dream the scene was looking out of a window.

The thing i am trying to show is that my brain loosley interprets what my open eyes are seeing, and changes it into a dream scene.

Oh, yeah this happend to me lots of times. I was looking at my pillow and suddenly I saw a big green monster, which was actually just a crease in my pillow. I think it just happens when you look at something, and then fall asleep with that picture in your mind.

One dream i can remember, i became lucid and was in something like a sewer, but it wasnt dark and murky, it was bright and white, like a giant underground concrete pipe, i decide to explore the pipe and i come to a smaller pipe that has a wall coming down half-way, i duck to go under it and the wall changes slightly, i stop to see what has changed, i stay there staring at it untill i realise that it is the roof to the apartment i was staying in. it was a seamless transistion from the dream world to the waking world.

Now if only you could do it the other way around, you’d be set! :grin:

I try :smile: