Think About This Thought

You know when you dream your mind creates dream characters right. What if life was just God’s dream. That would make all of us just dream characters to God.

It makes me want to ask my dream characters what they think there god is like. Because in a way I am their god.

Yeah. I’ve talked to some people about this and they say, “We can’t be people in a dream, we have a conciousness!” But that doesn’t change anything. We can create anything in a dream, why not self concious? If we imagined a character with a self concious, then they’d have a self concious. Maybe only to us, sure, but what makes it different that we only have self conciousness to God? There’s no difference at all. I’ve always wondered how God created us, if he did at all. Maybe it was just as simple as a lucid dream. :eh:

At first when I read that I thought you meant you were God like you’re better than everyone in reality. :cheesy:

But on the subject, why does all of this has to be God’s dream? Why can’t he just be an all-powerful being? We are not as stupid and strange as dream characters are. If this was all a dream wouldn’t we have a bunch of weird stuff happening? And we have real feelings, DCs do not. There is more proof that we are real than our dream characters.

All of that probably doesn’t make sense and probably isn’t a very good argument, but I’m sticking with it anyway.

“There is more proof that we are real than our dream characters.”

Cant see any.I agree with my signature

Tride, haven’t you ever noticed that when you’re in a dream the dream characters don’t seem to think anything’s unusual at all. When you try to talk to them and tell them it’s a dream, they just look at you wierd. They look at you in the exact way that you would look at someone else if they told you it was a dream in real life. And if you’re an all powerful being to your dream characters, than there’s nothing saying that if we’re in God’s dream he’s not an all powerful being to us. And how do you know that dream characters feelings aren’t real? How do you know that yours are? Because you can feel them? What do you mean there is more proof that we are real than our dream characters are? I’ll agree with you if you can give me just one bit of proof of that. I’m not saying that I 100% believe this, but you shouldn’t be so fast to deny that it at least could be true.

Vagina :cool_laugh:

I’m completely opposed to the rhetorical viewpoint of life, dreaming and consciousness. I think it is impossible that life as we know it can exist in much the same way as our own dreams, only on a higher level. My reasons for this are not easy to explain, but they’re based on the fact that I, as a sentient being, cannot exist in the imagination of a higher being the same way dream characters exist as part of me while I’m asleep. Of course, to even understand this, you’d need to accept that every part of your dream (including its inhabitants) is a mere construct of your mind – an extension of your own personality.

In addition, what sub-physical being (such as our God) would ever require sleep as we do? I think people often tend to expand dreams into a more serious part of life than they actually are. We sometimes think that the creation of the dream world is comparable to that of the real world, which can mislead people into wondering if all that we see in waking life is merely the dream of a higher being. I wish I could find all those points that are always available to me after a few drinks with some close friends.

I’m not really saying that God DREAMED all this, but that his imagination is so powerful that he could create all this. If God was all that existed before us than all that God thought would become real because there was nothing there to prove him wrong, therefore his thoughts became reality. Wow, there’s an interesting theory. Don’t know where that came from. :neutral:

I’m not saying that we are in a dream it is just a thought. The thing on dream characters is that they are what we make them. I’ve had DC’s that are simple and ones that are complex. I have met people that had feelings and inner concious just like we do. Our minds create such detail in our dreams like our environments and people. I’m not disagreeing with your believes. You need to remember this is only a thought of mine.