Does anyone have dreams related to anime?

HA! I haven’t had a dream with the Simpsons before, and that’s kind of surprising considering how big of a fan I am.

I wonder how many people have dreams involving cartoons that are in “cartoony” form. Or if they make them into human characters. Mine have always been with me as a human, and the cartoons as they are on TV, bright colors and all. Very odd.

Last night I had a dream where i was in a incredibly violent “Spawn” cartoon gang war fight movie thing. And this one charector that looked like a mechanically alterd QUAKE monster was shot down and these little midget evil creatures came up and started chopping off his foot with these sick looking axes :eek: . It was fuking ill :devil: . Cars blw up, and these monsters with huge grining fangs were smiling and shooting and blasting away :uptosomething: and the camera angle kept flying aroudn the whole scen like the camera angling in the movie spider man. It was crazy! :crazy: :mrgreen:

One or two times a lucid dream suddenly changed to “cartoon style” when it got unstable.Then my lucidity faded and I woke up.
Still, I imagine it to be funny if you do it on purpose (but I am not into anime… gotta admit that I never ever read one)

Traumgänger

Never had that happen, but how cool would that be? :grin:

I’ve recently had quite a number of Anime-related dreams, and I point the finger squarely at a Japan-obsessed friend of mine currently on a quest to gather, watch and then summarise to me every single Anime that has ever been made. I can’t say I don’t enjoy them myself, but certainly on a much healthier scale. :smile:

Anyway, to avoid driving everyone away in disgust, I won’t go into detail with my Noir dream. Erm… or my Evangelion dream, or my Bubblegun Crisis dreams. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever had an Anime dream suitable for the young impressionable minds that more recently seem to be dominating the forum. :content:

Nasty boy, Atheist! (j/k Like I can talk…) lol:
I haven’t had very many “anime” style dreams but a lot of times my dreams take on a different style of cartoony feel. More often then that I find myself in video game dreams.

I had a dream once where I was (kind of…don’t ask) this woman…‘I’ was married to a guy who had his boss round and when I got home, I took all my clothes off in front of him and his boss…I looked in the mirror, and I still had bra and pants on for some reason, but I didn’t (again, don’t ask, but I’m glad I did lol) and I was an anime chick. My husband said “is that appropriate?!” and I answered “yeah I know, I KNEW I’d worn too many clothes to work, thank god I’m back home.”

I don’t know why I was anime…but it was a cool experience.

Well, since I am a fan of anime and manga, I dream about it quite often - especially when I’m really into a series. It’s funny how a dream can really take on the cell-shaded look of anime. What’s really weird is when I started to dream in MANGA - which is comics, which is 2-dimensional, black and white, panel after panel. I never dreamt panel after panel before, with textbubbles. I was really weird :smile:

Currently though, I’m playing a lot of Final Fantasy, and during the night find myself wandering in the FF world and never once wondering ‘hmm, i’m in the middle of a videogame, I MIGHT just be dreaming…’ :wink: I guess I’m having too much fun XD

I have very few anime related dreams which is wierd since I have 6, yes 6 anime dvds all in their boxes sitting right next to me as I type. To my left is a CD case full of anime, not to mention the three other cases I’ve lent to my friends. :smile: I guess I’m not taking my anime in a “healthy” way? God I want an anime dream.

I can tell by your usage of terms. :content:
Man I really am not doing this in a sane way am I…

Heh Ashvura reading about your exp with manga dreams reminded me of the anime Fooley Cooley (FLCL) god that is the best anime but anyways if you havent seen it in some parts they go into a sort of manga thing that is hilarious, it sounds sooo much like your exp. LOL god that is the best anime cuz its so damn unique if any of you anime fans have not seen it, see it ASAP!!!

I can only recall one anime dream, and even then its really not much anime just a glimpse of anime. . . ok im wandering around everything is a blue there is someone asking me ‘did he take the blue pill or the red pill?’ and i am confused, thinking ‘i dont know’ and then i see a glimpse of Sesshomaru from the anime Inuyasha flying past in his cool blur fading counterpart movement really fast and i say ‘oh yeah i think he took the blue pill’ weird :tongue:

I am suprised that I don’t dream of anime more often judging by how much I watch it. I did have one .hack dream before though that was very interesting. It was interesting because it had the color shading of an anime or video game, but I was in it first person with two other friends. We all had our characters that looked sort of like our real self, but slightly different. I was a twin blade and I had the ability to data drain like Kite. I remember we went through this infected dungeon and we ended up running into Skeith. We fought him in an intense battle and when I had the opportunity, I data drained him. At this point, the dreams color and vividness intesified greatly as the whole environment turned into a background of static and color as the bracelet expanded and projected the attack towards him.

I love how the detail of anime based dreams can posses a certain vividness that no other dreams have.  :content:

i have seen sephiroth in my dreams, but i wasnt realy there, more like watching a movie or game…
i’ve had precog dreams of games, that were released several years later, and i recently dreamt of Neo-Bahamut from FF7…it looked like the movie actually, so i think we might be able to see neo-bahamut in FF7-AC!! kewl!! :wink:
um, and yeah, i dreamt of the fight scene betwean Buu, and Gotenks in the hyberbolic timechamber 10 years ago or something…thats 5-7 years before o knew of DBZ!

LOL, ive just started playing FFVII, have yet to dream about it…hehe, dreaming precog of games and anime…and i thought i was a fan…you are true fans! *im not worthy!

well i cant wait for FF7-AC to come out, so i guess thats why i dreamt of it :smile:
i think i had the same dream twice too! i saw aerith riding neo-bahamut…i think that was it… :eh:

Since I’ve been disturbed so much during my sleep these days, nearly all my dream characters are catoony. Since all I do is watch anime, all of them are anime ppl. I’m not arguing lol!

I like cowboy bebop, NGE, trigun, orphan and tokyo 2040 is also cool, but never had any dreams about them, I did although, make up my own anime in my dreams completaly unrelated to any of the once I watched, in my dreams I like to let my imagination run wild and make my own stuff up.

mystery

I had two with Vash from Trigun. And one where I was Spike from Cowboy Bebop that took place in the desert.

The only animation heroes ever gotten into my dream are, certainly, Simpsons, and I’ve had three or four of such dreams. I don’t know why I never saw anything like this before, in my childhood, when I watched more cartoons than now :confused: . I think that’s because of their schematic appearance which is easier to remember and reproduce in a dream, but, probably, I just didn’t remember my dreams those days.
However, I never thought dreams with cartoon heroes could become lucid! That was for me one of the reasons to be against various electronic gadgets to tell you that you are dreaming. I thought, if you are in a drawn world and don’t notice it, you must be unlikely to remember who you are really. Well, I will do RC every time I see Lisa Simpson…
By the way, such dreams never were purely “cartoon”, all I have had were mixed: cartoon/book, featured film/cartoon, cartoon/3D…

I’ve had three anime-ish dreams.

In one of them, which was aaages ago, I was Sonic the Hedgehog but in my body, Tails came down from a ship and we walked to a park where we saw an evil robotic duck… yeah… the robotic duk turned out to be my mum, she then proceeded to kill me.

The other two of my dreams were trailers for Kingdom Hearts 2, I’m obsessed! In one of them I remember Sora flying around on a carpet and seeing loads of hooded dudes with red hair. In the other one, it was amazing, there was a witch on a planet who blew it up and sent Sora, Donald and Goofy to some other world, two of those “Unknown” guys fighting which was a totally awesome scene, and then Sora on a motorbike. I woke up hoping Kingdom Hearts 2 would turn out to be at least half as good as my dream looked.

I’m really sorry for posting my previous message – I see it was extremely stupid. But as posting a message with an explanation and nothing more is a pure example of BSP, I’ll write some more stuff on the topic. :shy: First, I understood why I have no anime dreams when I was small: we just had a b/w TV set those days, and black and white cartoons don’t seem to be very inspiring. :smile: Second, I remembered one more dream where I watched anime on the TV. It was not like any film I had ever seen, and it was extremely stupid, as the whole dream was, but it was definitely anime-styled. The heroes were several boys and a girl – their sister or something like that – with long snake-like tresses. In that dream I saw two series, and every one finished the same way. They all would get into big trouble, the girl would say: “There is no way out” and cry, and then one of the boys would think out something and say: “And can you do this or that”, I don’t remember what. The girl would say “Certainly I can”, and they would win. I’m sure I never saw anything like that, because nothing can be so stupid and exist in real life.