I'm working on my dream recal, I was wondering, what are...

I’m working on my dream recal, I was wondering, what are some good REM periods I should set my alarm to? I have it set to 4:30. Is that a good time? Thanks in advance.

Yeah that seems about right.

I seem to wake up at the end of dream sequences. Usually i wake up around 5 and then again around 7, seems to me maybe every 2 hours after i fall into REM sleep.

I don’t like to intentionally break up my sleeping pattern though. I don’t think it’s to healthy. It’s better just to start writing down your dreams for the first few months. Slowly increasing dream recall and then after then u will find that u will start waking up at about that time anyway without any alarm.

For me… 3:30 AM is the excellent time to wake up… actually I wake up naturally at this time, and it greatly improved my dream recalls. :grin:

Well, it depends on how much sleep you usually get, what time you go to bed at, and what time your REM periods occur. It’s different for everybody. If I were you, I’d try a bunch of times, and see what one works right for you. It’ll disrupt your schedual for about a week but once you have the perfect time it’ll be worth it.

They say that dreams go in cycles at about 1 hrs and 30 mins, so good times to wake up are after 4 hrs 30 mins or 6 hrs of sleep. 7 hrs 30 mins is not recommended, because most people will have their need for sleep fullfilled at this point. But of course, there can be individual differences :smile:

but wouldnt it be better if you waited a bit after the 1h 30mins have past so your dreams commence? or is it at 1h 30mins when your dreams end?

I generally wake up (especially on a saturday) about a quarter past every hour from about 5 or 6 onwards, probably because my dream has finished, so maybe if I set it on 6:00 it would interrupt a dream. Try it. See what works for you.

Does it hurt your dream recall if you go to bed at different hours each night? See, on school nights, I go to bed at about 11 PM, but on the weekends, or school breaks which Im on right now, I go to bed at different hours each night. I’ll either go to bed at 12 AM (which is early for me), or I’ll stay up all the way until 2 or 3 AM. Is it bad to have an unstable sleeping schedule?

Another thing… I wake up directly after each dream, which is good because that’s what’s supposed to happen. But its aggravating to, I dont like waking up every two hours and writing something down. Do I have any other choices, or am I just gonna have to suck it up?

Jewish_Boy: For me, it certainly hurts my lucid dreams, but doesn’t hurt my dream recall as long as I sleep enough. And I have heard that it’s bad to have unstable sleep schelude because you can develop insomnia from it, but… I’m not a scientist so ignore me! Ha ha ha! :grin: