the big WILD topic part V

When you WILD, can you have an OBE when your trying to get into a dream? I always try to WILD at nights for fun and I get close but I give up cause I never see or hear anything. Maybe cause I try it on first sleep and never later on. I just think if you don’t see any kinda dream that you will just get out your body into an OBE. But are they both the same thing? I know people get scared about OBE stuff but never about dreaming. I had one from a WILD where it was like an OBE but I was still in my room and knew I was dreaming and saw myself sleeping in bed but it turned into a dream after when nothing in my dream worked. So if you WILD, will you just roll out into your room and dream if you have no dreaming signs? or do you have to do something else to have an OBE?

This is what I know about this:

When WILDing, if you have hypnagogics, you can pull yourself in to have an LD. But if you want an OBE, you cannot do this and must do all the vibration thingy’s.
An OBE is in this world, and an LD is in a dream world. Therefore, you cannot pull yourself in one of your hypnagogic imagery.
But, real OBE are very tricky, you have to stay focussed on here and now, otherwise you will be making things up, and notice suddenly a door where there isn’t one in real life: It become’s a little dream-like.

So in conclusion, if you WILD, you can have an OBE (if you don’t pull yourself in your hypnagogics). But the only tricky thing about OBE’s is that you can easily be dreaming without knowing, if you let your attention slip. I suggest you read OBE treatise on astralpulse.com :smile:

Hi Isaac yeah i had even to hire a secretary lol but what the hack dm7 pays for her…lol…i even could choose one…pretty blond and dumb lol :cool:

Isaac i answer you pm tomorrow or sunday!

Jeff

That’s cool, thx :cool:

Posting here to let me know when I’m gonna recieve ya PM :bored: :happy:

-Isaac.

I had btw those vibrations, yesterday or something. But I couldn’t get out, I guess I’ll have to try harder, but I was afraid to move in my bed and screw my vibes. (But I couldn’t screw it, I now know, cuz I were SP’ed)

I am a little on unclear on one more thing. If I went right to the vibrations, what would I do then? Do I just relax? I don’t understand how to get into a dream from here. Oh and by the way, thanks DM7! And thanks to everyone answering my many questions! :happy:

When you have those vibes, you imagine yourself out, or you roll or something like that. Then you’ll have an OBE and you can dive in a lucid dream.

But, do you have SP? If you haven’t then they’re proberbly not vibrations. The feel electric. Not like tingling. If you doubt, then you don’t have them.

-Isaac

:neutral: not sure how helpful this is, but from my very limited experience with WILD there is one thing that helped me (since I can’t put the focus to count without being up all night long) -it seemed to help me if I didn’t focus on one specific thing - from the WILDs I had they were all a result of keeping my mind focused on one topic (ie lucid dreaming, etc). That was enough leeway to think about so that I wasn’t too focused and kept up but not too broad so that my mind would wander off.

I don’t know, anyone else tried something similar? This is certainly a very interesting method :smile:

yep Greyfire tried this method for a total different reason…
just to c if my dream would be influenced by it…sometimes it gave me a ld sometimes not. :smile:

Jeff

Ever since my first good WILD, I have been trying to have another WILD, but I haven’t managed it yet. Up until now, I have been having trouble with staying concious whilst falling asleep, but the various techniques I have been trying either just keep me awake until I get sick of trying them and then I just give up and fall asleep or just stay awake frustrated.

However, the technique which shows the most promise for me is the counting and saying “I’m dreaming” or something like that.

The two other main ones which I’ve unsuccessfully tried are:

1 - Concentrating on my breathing. I find this keeps me too concious and too aware of my physical body, so I find I don’t fall asleep doing this. I get extremely relaxed (I often use breathing to help me relax in the day) but I just don’t fall asleep.

2 - Sounds. The most recent one I tried, was where I made a CD featuring a sleep induction brainwave sound acompanied by a background sound like slow waves, and then once the brainwave sound faded out, the waves remained. I found the waves would wake me back up again. I don’t know whether I should have had the volumes set differently, but anyway, this method didn’t quite feel right anyway. Too forced? I don’t know.

But anyway, back to the other method which I think shows potential.
Counting whilst saying “I’m dreaming.” Although I haven’t had another WILD by using this, I feel I am getting closest with this, plus this was the method I used the last time I was sucessful. What I have noticed with this method, is that it seams to keep my mind almost just aware enough. I notice that my brain is somehow able to perform this function whilst simultatiously drifting off towards all kinds of random pre-sleep images and thoughts.

I tried this method this morning, and several times got to the light vibrations and felt myself drifting away whilst still slightly concious. This all somehow felt much better and closer to getting a WILD than what I had experienced with the other methods.

I even developed a certain rhythm to say it in, to help keep it going better. It goes like this. Think of a bouncey rhythm, and then say it in the rhythm like this:

1-I’m-dreaming-and-2-I’m-dreaming-and-3-I’m-dreaming-and…

19-I’m-dreaming-and-20-I’m-dreaming-21-I’m-dreaming-22-I’m-dreaming-23-I’m-dreaming-24-I’m-dreaming…

29-I’m-dreaming-and-30-I’m-dreaming-31-I’m-dreaming-32-I’m-dreaming…

Do you see what I mean? I put the and in there just to keep the rhythm on certain numbers where sylables in the number are different, for example, 20 has two sylables (twen-ty) whereas 21 has three sylables (twen-ty-one).

The idea behind this is simply to create a better flow, to enable my brain to do it more automatically and keep going without being distracted by the random images flying round my head.

Additional Notes:

I set my watch alarm for 4am, I have been varying how long I stay awake for to see what works. I often find that if I stay awake for too long, I just can’t get back to sleep. Sometimes I read for 10-15 minutes (or until I feel tired again). Sometimes I just go and take a pee and get straight back into bed. To be honest, I haven’t found much difference really. The only difference being that if I stay awake for half an hour or more and go on my computer or something, I find it very hard to get back to sleep. But staying awake for 10-15 minutes reading or just taking a pee and going straight back to bed, there seams to be no difference, the reading just delays attempting WILD.

…and finally:
I think I’m going to keep trying with WILD as opposed to other techniques, because I much prefer the idea of it. Previously, I got so sick of constantly doing reality checks to have a DILD or whatever. Personally I much prefer the idea of WILD, and I’m optamistic that I will be able to do it again if I keep trying.

:happy:
Ed.

A frustrating sequence of events happened this morning.

I had set my alarm for 5am, thinking that because it’s the weekend I might end up going to sleep a bit later. I then ended up waking up naturally about 2am or 3am, and quickly went back to sleep. then I woke up naturally again at 4am, but this time unset my alarm because I thought “Well, I’m awake now anyway.” I quickly went downstairs to take a pee, and then came back up to bed. I had it in mind to try my WILD technique, but because I was really tired (because I’d woken earlier than I’d intended) I got distracted and just fell asleep thinking about other things.

Then I woke up naturally again at 6am, and tried my WILD technique, but I just ended up really relaxed and numb (with occasional hypnogigic images) for a whole hour whilst I counted all the way 100 about 20 times or something.

Oh well, I’ll keep trying, better luck next time maybe.

Side note: Lately I have been taking 100mg Vitamin B6 before bed. Maybe this is unnessesary for my WILD technique, because maybe it disturbs the natural dreaming processes? I do notice more vivid dreams when taking it, but maybe somehow this is interfering with what would otherwise be an extremely effective method which works best when everything else is normal? Maybe I should just keep everything like a normal night’s sleep but concentrate on my WILD technique? I’m going to try it both ways, with and without.

Ed.

Got a question about WILD…

I have the problem that when I try to WILD, and get to the first vibrations, I get excited, my pulse start to increase, and it ends without me getting any further. Do any of you know how to avoid this? Will practice (trying to do WILD over and over) help for this problem?

JustAnotherAJ: Well… very well… maybe you don’t like that word, but… “PRACTICE!” And you simply cannot get excited! You must act like you’re a dead meat! Again, acting like you’re a dead person requires some practicing!

Isaac–Could you tell me what SP means please? Also, you mentioned the term twice-“Pulling yourself in.” What does that mean? Could you explain ? Thanks :content:

Wizard: SP means Sleep Paralysis

Oh I just noticed, it’s my 250th post! :grin:

Thank you DM7. Since this is your 250th post, I say congratulations, and it’s easy to see why you’re a five star General. :content:

OOps! I meant four star General :content:

:rofl: Thanks! I just love to help people… speaking of WILD, I’m planning on writing a big WILD article in case you haven’t heard that I’m planning on doing it. :grin: I’m actually quite excited… I’m a WILD freak! :rofl: I don’t know when I’ll complete that article though.

I have been thinking about WILD today, and I was thinking that maybe the reason I have not been successful since my first good WILD is because I have not been strict enough with my technique.

I’m thinking maybe I should go back to exactly what I did that night that I had my first good WILD. This is the method I used:

1 - Fall asleep reading about Lucid Dreams.
2 - Wake up after 5-6 hours sleep.
3 - Read about Lucid Dreams again, until sleepy again.
4 - Focuss on deep slow breathing.
5 - Count “1 Lucid Dream, 2 Lucid Dream” in time with breathing.

I was thinking that maybe this exact technique is what I need. Maybe I have been failing lately because various odd bits of this I haven’t been sticking to, like watching telly before bed instead, or just counting or just breathing instead of doing both together.

So I will only attempt this when there’s nothing I want to watch on telly on a particular night, that way I can follow this technique exactly. Also, when I attempt it, I will try and plan to go to bed early, like 9pm or something, so then I can set my first alarm quite early like maybe 3:30, and then that gives me plenty of time before I have to get up at 6:30am to get ready for work.

That way I can be attempting WILD but not losing sleep, because I’ll be giving myself plenty of time.

I’m thinking maybe that other guy on here is right (forgotten who he is), the guy who keeps saying that it’s best to find a technique and stick to it. This one worked before, so maybe I should stick to it precisely and be consistent.

:happy:
Ed.

Hi! I’m new, I just registered today. I’m very intrested in lucid dreaming and I believe I’ve had two, one last night for sure and one a while ago. Last night I went to sleep at around 10 and woke up on my own at 4:30… I got a drink and went to try WILD. I was concentrating on the brain frequency noises(like TV static) and occasionally the colors like pressing on my closed eyelids… I never actually saw hypogenic images like they say, not a single image and not and action, just color sploches sometimes but mainly blackness. On the eye that was against my pillow, the eardrum would beat slowly and when I paid attention, it would incread, not speed but intensity… Eventually I felt the jolts and felt like I started floated… it was becoming more and more intense then I heard a a door closing by my mom and it all faded and went back to me… being awake, with my eyes closed. :sad: But then, I re-adjusted and tried again. It seemed to work faster and I went right into a lucid dream which lasted like 10 seconds haha… I was walking in a sunny day and I stopped and looked in a circular mirror a girl was holding at me. I saw my face then …the scene just…CHANGED and I was in my bed, dark. I looked at my hands and it was hard to see… I tried looking at my digital clock but that was too hard also, then I awoke… When I say hard to see, it wasn’t like hard to READ the clock, but it was hard to pay attention like…my eyes were crossed or something, like if you are about to fall asleep from laughing gas. I have a question: What if you try WILD before sleeping for many hours? …Will it work? If so, how…will it take longer? like 90 minutes? Or will it never work? I don’t think I could lay in my bed for 90 minutes thinking nothing’s happening, haha. I’ll know I need to get to sleep or else I’ll be tired in the morning, I’m like “hurry up and work!” haha. It’s wierd because I feel like I’m awake, just laying down with my eyes closed motionless, but if I open my eyes it feels like I just awoke from sleep, like I yawn and stretch and stuff… Also another question, is that sleeping(where I don’t feel like I’m sleeping but if I open my eyes I yawn) actual sleeping? Like… is my body getting the rest it needs? If I feel awake from 10-11 then have a lucid dream, is it the same as getting the same amount of sleep from going to sleep at 10? Or did I loose an hour?

Edit: Also, say I hear a soft noise in my environment constantly… like… water dripping or something… If I conciously pay attention to the water, will I ever enter the dream state? Or just lay in my bed with eyes closed?

the same happend to me a coupple of days ago… :grrr: but i got too exited of the feeling of floating that it all faded. i was so mad at me