too many LD inducing techniques?

I was wondering if it was possible to use too many Lucid Dreaming techniques. There’s music association, scent rememberization, tons of ‘ILD’ techniques, etc. The list goes on. Now, if i use them all, will they all cancel each other out, or will they work 10 times better?

Not that I’m talking from experience, but the logic says “Hell yeah that’ll work”.

I don’t think they will cancel each other out. But it is maybe better to pick a few techniques you can use, than doing dozens of techniques, as it will be easier to concentrate and stay motivated when you only have a few tecs to worry about. You could also try several different tecs and find which ones are best for you, and continue with these. But, that is just my personal opinion :smile:

In a way they will cancel themselves.You know how hard is to make your subcouncious to act the way you want it to(i.e remember dreams,perform checks,stuff).With too many techs you`re putting your mind in a “mess mode”,so i guess it wont be so effective as if you used just 1 or two supporting eachother techniques.
Btw-indeed,theres too many things there out to try.I think only way to navigate there is by feeling and common sense.You just need to stick to 1-2 techs for longer and see how u doin.Then eventually move on to something different.
good luck

As much as I think about it, I can’t help but conclude that more techniques equals more chance of LD. Although Jack has a point (properly setting your subconscious to do something should be a careful process), I think you’d have a very good chance of lucid dreaming if you spend the entire day doing absolutely every possible technique you can think of. After all, my underlying philosophy is that the more you think about lucid dreaming, the more likely you are to dream about it.

okay! The more the merrier! Another question thuogh: If i’m going to be using several techniques (over the course of a day), should I use some of the techniques posted in the forum?

I read about this music association thing where you listen to a certain song whenever you do anything LD related, then when you sleep, you play that song on repeat. In your dream, you hear it and become Lucid.

I tried, but i don’t think it worked. Should I just stick to the professional techniques?

I think this music association method may actually be a very useful technique, but I suspect that it would take a lot longer than 1 day to properly develop the connection between hearing the song, and thinking about lucid dreaming. Try it for a week or so, then let us know how it’s working out.

i believe that the reason that there is so many techniques is because every individual has her/his own technique. so i think that you should chose the one you like the most and try it, if it dont work then try another one…and in one or two months you´ll now wich one you like the most and you can from that make your own tecnique by mixing those. this is just my current oppinion and i dont have much experience myself but this is what im trying to do at the moment…just thought i should stirr up everything now that you finally know what to do : )
good luck!!!