The Lucid Dream Drink

yup concidering you only want possitive replies any study derived from this would be inaccurate and ridiculed in the professional world.

From a try it stance however i think not, only cos i don’t wanna bring it back :blush:

Concidering this is your one and only post i’m tempted to believe it’s a con, but still i am curious to find out if anyone did test this and got results. The only downside is if you’re a person who regularly LDs hten you would have to do it probably for a whole week and if you got hits every night then assume it worked.

1 Like

It’s a pretty foul mixture I know, heh. :blush:

That’s not what I meant. I said only reply if you have a dream at all, not only reply if you have a lucid dream. I say this because the drink is not proven to improve dream recall, only lucid dreams. I don’t want people coming here and complaining “I didn’t have any dreams after drinking this” just because they can’t remember their dreams in the first place.

Everthing clear as mud?

oh yeha i see… alcohol i sware :wink:

but still i’m not sure i should try it have trouble keeping nasty stuff down :neutral:

Nasty as this sounds I’ll give a try, been havin good recall but no lds. Whats to lose? :grin:

Well i gave it a shot. I had a 16oz. mug, with about 12oz. of water, half a teaspoon of salt (which was too much i think since the salt taste overpowered the sweet taste of sugar) 2 teaspoon of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of oatmeal chopped down to powder. Like i said earlier i had no flour. If it wasnt for the salt the oatmeal, sugar and water tasted pretty good. Well i had a dream but didnt go lucid. I actually didnt see any signal to remind me to go lucid. I also think that having to be up a certain time kind of ruins it for me. I’m gonna try it again tomorrow and continue through the weekend. Thats really the best time for me to be able to go lucid without any interruptions. By the way, i think just a sprinkle of salt, like between your fingers should be enough. Any more and you’ll probably wake up like i did with cotton in your mouth and a crazy thirst. What was even worse is that i got something to drink, went back to sleep starting to dream only to be awaken by my bladder…now that sucks!

Sounds very interesting, but i just don’t understand how something like this would work.

Anyway I am going to try it because I would love it if u were right and this drink would cause LD’s. Here’s for hoping. I will report back once I try it out, probably try it tonigt.

I know whats going to happen, Im going to make this, drink it, cough a lot, not have a ld, then puke. Il wait for more replies to make sure Im not doing somthing stupid.

Sheesh Ness, talk about taking the negative viewpoint. :wink: Of course your not going to have an LD if you think like that all the time. This sounds pretty interesting, where’d you hear about it? I’d really like to find out how it works. Anyway, I’m going to do the WBTB method tonight and try it then. I’ll post my results tomorrow.

well ness you’re probably right on the puke bit lol. I did try it, i got the water put in the salt didn’t taste too bad put in the sugar… gag down the drain.

Though i just realised about an hour ago that it could actually work, last night i had some cereal before bed. (rice krispies, sugar and milk) i normally do not have cereal at all.

and last night i had an OBEish type of dream and i did have very low lucidity all night.

The ingreidients i had are very similar to that of this foul drink, with milk instead of water, and no flour/salt. so maybe it does work…

A vile concoction indeed. I’m tryin to down this crap right now, and I have some major doubts but if anything happens I’ll post it tomorrow. :shy:

Here’s a tip. Don’t try it with multi-grain Cheerio’s. :eek: I should also mention that going in with a positive attitude won’t hurt. I see a lot of skeptics here. Although I can see why they would doubt it. You know how they say “if you think you can, you can.”

In addition, do whatever possible to keep it down. Wash out your mouth eat a more palatable chaser, so whatever you need. Just think of how much you enjoy yourself later.

Sheesh, could timberlake have been singing about this drink??? It didnt dawn on me until around 8 PM when i was sitting on the bowl that this drink/concoction/possible prank or whatever you want to call it has other store type names for it! Hmmmmm lets see how about “METAMUCIL”?!? For those who dont know this brand name, Its basically the same ingrediants as this so called “Drink” sold in pharmacy section of stores which basically has you flushing out your intestines! My wife was cracking up while i was on the bowl singing “Cry me a river” while Montezumas’ revenge was taking its toll! I think i’ll stick to a couple of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies, baked in the oven, with a cup of Hawaiian punch. There’s the water, flour, salt, sugar and anything else they put in the cookie dough that at least taste good going down and dont feel bad coming out! On a serious note, i did eat a couple of cookies and had some punch on the evening that i had an LD. How about someone try that and let us know if it worked for them.

As for my “potion,” it smelled good, it looked horrible(can we say a layer of sludge floating on the top of the glass?), tasted horrible,(tasted like gyork99’s Mom j/k :grin: ) but I had only a little trouble keeping that mixture down. When I woke up, I wasn’t in a dream :blush:
I think I’ll keep to the regular techs and keep the potions to Harry Potter :smile:

ummm cough placebo cough :grin:

Well, I was planning to wait mentioning this to see if anyone would say that it would have any effect. Facts is that I really doubt that this drink would really produce any lucid dreams, and that the effects are probably because of the placebo effect (just my own opinion)
The subconsisous, where our dreams come from, is so sensitive to outside input, that if we really believed that a drink could produce lucid dreams, and drank it, the subconsisous would probably produce lucid dreams only because we believed in the drink to work. Sorry to ruin your “fun” (or maybe “misery” :tongue: ) trying it, but we have to be a little bit scientifical here… :shy:

haha Golgo that’s funny. Unless this stuff gets a better flavor then I’ll have to try the cookies. I didn’t become lucid last night but my dream recall was better then normal, but whos to say it was from the “stuff.” So where’s the proof that this stuff actually works? If it’s supposed to work 95% of the time then there has to be proof somewhere. I’m trying to keep an open mind about it, but I just don’t see how it could work at all. Oh and I did use cheerios, damnit!

:bored: Potion hard on the butthole!

sigh what good could possible come of you saying that? :eh:

Maybe the next placebo thing could taste better :happy:

I would like where you got this recipe from. I sat looking at the glass for 5 minutes before I even thought of drinking it. I eventually did and I don’t know if it was the drink but I had some crazy ass dreams(none lucid). I think it doesn’t do squat. That someone made it up at home and wanted us to be the guinie pigs(spelling?). Well I aplod you. You got alot of people to try it. I for one won’t be trying any crazy drinks or food in the near future.
I go lucid better with my own methods.