Flotation Tanks

Has anyone ever had an experience with a flotation tank?

I was reading that they can help lucid dreaming. I know you can pay a sum of money to undergo the ‘treatment’ for a set period of time. There are 2 types…dry and traditional water ones. The uses are mainly for meditation, stress relief and relaxation purposes, so it may be an idea for someone that has trouble following the other methods mentioned on this section to try it out.

:cool:

*They are also called sensory deprivation tanks.

I didnt ever tried it, but man would i love to have one at home :smile:
Then i would lay in it meditating all year long…only coming out for a weekend date lol :cool:

Jeff

What is it?

Floating tank Z is filled with very salt water so you can natural float in it and its body temp. Also you hear no sound unless you want to hear music in it…there is mostly a music selection in it to.
Well you float in it and that way you relax deeply :smile:

Jeff

Wouldn’t be a bit dangerous to fall asleep floating in water? I’ve heard some people fall asleep and drown in their baths :eek: .

Well i think not…the water is here so salt that your body is equally aided in support everywhere…you cant c it as a normal bath…there indeed you can drown. If you lay here on your back even your head will by the lifting powers of the extremely salty water kept straight above the water not possible to drown then.

Jeff

I’ve really been wanting to experiment with a sense-dep tank for a while, just don’t know where to find one…

Isn’t it enough just to fill a regular bath tub with water and lots of salt? Just wondering :wiske:

Probably wouldn’t work unless you are very short. :wiske:

:wiske: And it’d ruin your bathtub as well. It’s not designed to drain excessive salt in the water. :confused:

Yes, they deeply relax you, but do a hell of ALOT MORE. They are called sensory deprivation tanks because that is exactly what they do-deprive your senses. Similarly, you dream because of sensory deprivation. Your body becomes paralyzed when u sleep and looses conciousness, or is completely deprived of the 5 senses. Because yuor mind craves sensory imput, or is simply confused of what to do when it is lacking, it creates its own sensory imput or artificial world (dreams!). Basically, by becoming deeply relaxed and thus unaware of ur body (your senses), hypnogogic images set in (the beginnings of a dream and a WILD (wake induced lucid dream). You can achieve this lose of body awareness except for one thing. You can relax hour after hour, without getting rid of one major sense (98 percent of your sensory imput). GRAVITY! These sensory deprivation tanks amazingly go around gravity by making you float, thus getting rid of 98% of your sensory imput and allowing you to meditate and use imagry, or hypnogogic images, and enter a dream conciously (our OBE even.) Also, your ears are plugged, and your eyes are covered sometimes with cut in half ping pong balls (ears sometimes have earphones with some brain wave altering sound , somtimes tone b and c, which synchronize the hemi-spheres). It was on the simpsons once, where Lisa got to go into one at a new age stroe (look for some New Age stores in the area, im almost positive one of them will have them). Well, hope my info helped, cuz it if didnt (shaking fist.) Bye, Ben

LoL…Thanks Ben!

I will check out some new-age type stores this coming weekend.
I did find one but it is in a 5***** hotel…so no thanks!!

Will keep looking and when it all comes through, I will be in here to post on any results. I have high hopes.
It sounds like helluva lot of fun!!

This reminds me of something I helped my physics prof in high school build (he’s the one who first taught me about LD). We built a 6ft by 3ft by 3ft rectangle out of 3/4 inch thick plexiglass and sealed it up (open top), kind of a giant aquarium. He then took a full face scuba mask and attached larger hoses and hooked them into an aquarium style air pump. He then filled it with some greenish jell substance, he said it had some stuff that was good for the skin in it. You would then put on the mask, plug in the pump, and lay in the jell. It was really comfortable, you would just float there. It was in that that I had my first LD, he said lucid dreaming was easier in it. We ended up building them for him, his wife, and his kids. The first one stayed at school. Anyway, if you can build them they are incredible, easy to fall asleep in and easier to achieve LD in. For learning to do it it is good to duct tape a speaker to the side and run a pinging sound in, when you are sleeping it will remind you you are dreaming (I’m sure there is a term for this but I’m kind of new to this kind of stuff, I took to ld pretty naturally and never learned alot of terms or anything).

Fantastic idea Legionare…hmmm…smart!
Maybe i built one myself :smile:

Wonder what sort of jell it was…well any jell with a good density would do…so that is easy to find out.

Jeff

For thickness the jell reminded me of a dense hair jell, in fact that is what I originally thought it was. It was just slightly thicker than hair jell though. It was incredible. Also whatever he added made my skin much smoother, cured my dry skin problem.

Mm very interesting Legionaire, i like this idea i think its very good!

Jeff