The Lucid Dream Drink

As for my “potion,” it smelled good, it looked horrible(can we say a layer of sludge floating on the top of the glass?), tasted horrible,(tasted like gyork99’s Mom j/k :grin: ) but I had only a little trouble keeping that mixture down. When I woke up, I wasn’t in a dream :blush:
I think I’ll keep to the regular techs and keep the potions to Harry Potter :smile:

ummm cough placebo cough :grin:

Well, I was planning to wait mentioning this to see if anyone would say that it would have any effect. Facts is that I really doubt that this drink would really produce any lucid dreams, and that the effects are probably because of the placebo effect (just my own opinion)
The subconsisous, where our dreams come from, is so sensitive to outside input, that if we really believed that a drink could produce lucid dreams, and drank it, the subconsisous would probably produce lucid dreams only because we believed in the drink to work. Sorry to ruin your “fun” (or maybe “misery” :tongue: ) trying it, but we have to be a little bit scientifical here… :shy:

haha Golgo that’s funny. Unless this stuff gets a better flavor then I’ll have to try the cookies. I didn’t become lucid last night but my dream recall was better then normal, but whos to say it was from the “stuff.” So where’s the proof that this stuff actually works? If it’s supposed to work 95% of the time then there has to be proof somewhere. I’m trying to keep an open mind about it, but I just don’t see how it could work at all. Oh and I did use cheerios, damnit!

:bored: Potion hard on the butthole!

sigh what good could possible come of you saying that? :eh:

Maybe the next placebo thing could taste better :happy:

I would like where you got this recipe from. I sat looking at the glass for 5 minutes before I even thought of drinking it. I eventually did and I don’t know if it was the drink but I had some crazy ass dreams(none lucid). I think it doesn’t do squat. That someone made it up at home and wanted us to be the guinie pigs(spelling?). Well I aplod you. You got alot of people to try it. I for one won’t be trying any crazy drinks or food in the near future.
I go lucid better with my own methods.

can it effect your dreams. yes of course it can.

Different foods will cause the body to do different things to take out the good stuff before running the rest through your system. these bodily actions will obviously be picked up in your subconscious and have results of some kind in your dreams.

We’ve all heard that “cheese before bed causes nightmares” and because of the digestive method it is proven that dairy foods do give you more nightmares.

But this is entrely dependant on how your subconcious works the digestive signals. It’s just as likely you might think you are “laying on your stomach on a nice tropical beach”

getting the result you are after is the hard part.

Placebo effect? well who cares if it is a palecbo effect? if the placebo effect means it works for you sobeit lol i will take placebo thanks :smile:

:eek: That didn’t taste very good. I made it and drank it without any hesitation (me > j00!) but eeeew. That thing better help me with my LDs.

I found the lucid dream drink disgusting! :panic: It tasted grss and lumps of flour were in it and…uck! I can’t believe i drank it all!

:happy: ladies and Gents lol dont torture yourself for a lucid dream :wink:

Jeff

Jeff, couldn’t you have told me BEFORE I tried Calea-tea?
:tongue:

quotes self

Well, it didn’t help with LDs. If anything, it induced a 2 week drought.

Yes Traumganger, but that would be less fun! :happy:
The face you had when you drunk Calea…it beats the mona Lisa any time lol!

Jeff

Interesting. I think it is probably a placebo affect as well. I thought about trying it anyway, but I think I will make my own lucidity drink… one that tastes better! :tongue:

sounds pretty icky, but if thats whats gonna make me go lucid, i will try it! Thanks for the idea, man!

pffff I dont believe it.
can you say PLA-CE-BO? ghegheheheh :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I think that this drink was deffintly a placebo… but I think he has a good idea here.
I have seen lucid dreaming sites that recommend wearing a superman outfit to bed to dream of flying.
Maybe if we convince ourselves that a certain thing will help us dream better it actaully will.
I recommend 1 tablespoon honey and a glass of warm milk.

I have an idea on how to make this stuff work!
Just before bed you say to yourself,
“Hey self, if you dont have a LD tonight I’m going to make you drink this”
Guaranteed LD! :tongue: