Sleep paralysis/Fear of dark Story

Through reading many posts, I have found that many are afraid of sleep paralysis, and especially of some “evil demon” or something near them in the dark. And also just the fear of the dark, where they can not see what is there. Heres a story-
“Once long ago, there where four men sitting on the peek of the tallest mountan around. It was the middle of the night and very dark, none of the men could see more than a few feet in front of them.The first man was very afraid,because he could not see.The second man felt very alone, because he could not see the other men. The third man was in a state of peacfulness,and the fourth man felt nothing at all.
In all the cases the men where reflecting the world around them in different ways,but the mountan top remained the same, untouched by the peoples perseptions.”

That’s a cute story, thank you. :smile:

thats a nice story indeed, I must say I am very terrified of the dark. I don’t know why or where it comes from. it only happens apon sleep time, during the day and morning I can be in total darkenss like closet or something and know I am safe. Just when dark falls my mind goes into over drive. I don’t even have bad dreams. Whats some ways I can over come this? I have been trying and telling myself nothing is there and it will be ok but it over powers me. I think its why I can’t WILD right. Cause I always doubt myself that as soon as I become lucid my mind will go crazy and make everything evil.

I hate the dark. Just the feeling that I can’t see everything that is going on drives me crazy. Just within the last few months I can sleep in the dark without a nightlight (don’t laugh lol), I just came to realize my eyes are closed all ready anyways. The dark doesn’t scare me AS much, but I still hate it. Don’t even get me started on sleep paralysis… from the stories I have heared it sounds freaky as hell :razz:

Wil

Fear of the Dark

I am a man who walks alone
   And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
  I sometimes feel a little strange
   A little anxious when it's dark

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
 I have constant fear that something's
             always near
    I have a phobia that someone's
            always there

Have you run your fingers down
              the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
 When you're searching for the light?
     Sometimes when you're scared
           to take a look
      At the corner of the room
    You've sensed that something's
            watching you

always near
            always there

Have you ever been alone at night
  Thought you heard footsteps behind
 And turned around and no one's there?
    And as you quicken up your pace
    You find it hard to look again
     Because you're sure there's
            someone there

always near
            always there

Watching horror films the night before
    Debating witches and folklores
   The unknown troubles on your mind
   Maybe your mind is playing tricks
   You sense, and suddenly eyes fix
    On dancing shadows from behind

always near
            always there

When I'm walking a dark road
     I am a man who walks alone

hehe I couldnt resist…I love it…

The dark doesnt bother one bit…infact i enjoy it…I love going out into the woods at night…so peaceful.

I think some people have the fear from their childhood, the fear of monsters or what hide under your bed…but as the song aboce show, if your afraid of being alone…then you are truley alone…so whats to be afraid of?..unless you hate ghost…hehe then your screwed…hehe