All your senses?

It seems lie almost anyone I ask says that all or most of their senses are active suring a dream but in my case, only hearing and sight function. I somethims feel things but rarely and I have smelt or tasted anything. I have yet to test out these 2 senses in a LD.

Has anyone else noticed similar things in their dreams?

Thanks! :content:

i think it’s rare that all of your senses are active at the same time during a dream…
but it’s obvious that all of them can function.
i don’t think i’ve ever smelt anything in a dream either, but I certainly have tasted stuff, and felt too…

Well at least I know I have experienced hearing, vision, touch and smell in my dreams. Only taste is remaining :smile:

For some reason I eat and drink stuff all the time even in my NDs. The dumbest LD I ever had was when I became lucid and then did nothing but eat buttered crackers. :wink:
For me everything tastes either extra good or extra bad usualy. Like the crackers were deliscious but one time I tryed eating this cake frosting and it was really disgusting… :bored:
As for the other sences I think I’ve used all of my waking sences in NDs at one time or another.

I have experienced all of my senses… including hearing which I don’t have in RL (I’m totally deaf in case you don’t know that).

:happy: It is possible to have all of them actived, but it would take a high level dream to be able to do that. You know what I’m saying?

Aw man, sorry to hear that :sad: But hey, life’s still good! :happy:
That’s very strange that you can hear in LDs. I mean, how does that work? :bored:

I only remember feeling and hearing things in my LDs. Never paid (payed?) attention to taste or smell.

No need to be sorry. :smile: Life’s still fun! Yeah… it is weird eh? :grin: I do remember taste and smell sometimes, but it’s really rare.

were u born deaf? cuz if so that would be really weird to experience a totally new scence

I don’t think it would be possible to hear in dreams if you’ve never experienced sound before. But that’s just my opinion.

All my senses is realistic, except for pain… I have never feelt real pain in an ld yet, but everything else like taste, smell, touch and such… all is completly realistic… I can feel somewhat pain but it dosent feel like when awake… just dosent hurt…

All senses tested…

Pain…Yup!
Smell and taste…yup!
hearing and vision…yup!
Touching…Yup!
ecstacy with sex…Yup!

But never all at once :wink: in a ld!

GreetZZzzzzZzz
Jeff

Yeah, I never experienced them at once either.

By the way… yes I was born deaf. Well, I believe it’s possible in dream if you believe in it. :grin:

I have never smelled somehting in a lucid dream…
I once relized I have never heard anyhting either but that night I heard music in the movie theater.
Perhaps all of our senses are going in the dream at all times like in waking life, but we just dont relize it.

I think Fdroy feeling can represent all senses.
And in a dream your are in a state of association…so all senses can be there but it depends indeed on what our attention is focused on to notice
anyway :smile:

Jeff

But isnt it the same in real life. We only smell something when it catches our attention. We dont hear all of the ambient noise that surrounds us all the time. Perhaps the dream world is loaded with things all the time that we dont even notice.

:smile: Yeah there is some truth is it but in dream life that truth is stronger
holding then in normal life. Because in real life i know i am aware of way more senses at the same time, when i dream its mostly one or two in real live i smell, hear, see, feel touchings, taste at same time.
Indeed when i am fully focused in real live your atention camouflages some senses to. :wink: But not when i am just realaxt sitting on the couch doing nothing or when i just walk in the park.

Jeff