Reacurring dream...

I’m sure this question has been posted by other people, but I’m still curious.

I’ve been having this reacurring dream…well, no…I keep on having dreams about my cousins. It’s weird, cause i dont know why. Anyway, this is really screwing up my ability to go lucid, as my cousins are a normal thing and i rarely see anything worth a reality check. I have tried to make my cousins a dreamsign, but am having trouble with that too.

Basically, i need to find a way to tell my subconciouss to stop dreaming about them so i can concentrate on lucidity. Any tips would help.

“Basically, i need to find a way to tell my subconciouss to stop dreaming about them so i can concentrate on lucidity.”

That would be your biggest mistake:(.Having something reoccuring and additionally something from rl is excellent opportunity:)Its a base for any reality check.

Everytime you see your cousins(either in a drewam or rl) perform reality check.Say to yourself “im dreaming if i see my cousin”.Keep stuffing your head with that thought and you are much closer to lucidity than you ever be trying to change your dreamsigns or doing anything else.
take care.

i never thought of doing the self-chanting thing before…cool!

now, when (or if) this works, what should i do (in my lucid state) to stop this dream-theme from reacurring.

yes, it’s not a reacurring dream, but I keep on having dreams with my cousins being the reacurring theme. (i.e. in one dream, i see my cousins and play with them, all the while wondering how they got here from California. In another dream, I’m at their house and i’m listening to their parents argue about one of them cheating on a test. There’s some more…but that don’t matter now)

Hmmm…i dont think i understand why would you want to stop anything reocurring.Once you lucid you just go on with it-dunno…talk to them,explore,fly…whatever.
Unless the vision of your cousnins isnt annoying to you i see no reason to stop having something you can use as jumpstart to your lds.

mhmm…well, after realizing that i’m dreaming from my cousins, is it possible to go away from them (or vice versa) so that i can dream about other things? or better yet, is it possible to use my cousins to permanently activate my ability to become lucid?

Thats what you should be trying to achieve.I dont see a point in changing it.
To learn to dream about what you want,to induce particular dream isnt the easiest taks first of all…and again…it wouldnt be bringing you closer to lucidity for a while.
You allready got it.If you ask me id say-no changes necesarry if it works:)

gotcha. thanks.

Are your cousins girls, and are they cute? If so, the next time you are lucid, just send them over to my dream. Thanks.

Did you ever think that your cousins are somehow dream sharing with you? Have you talked to them and asked them if they see you in their dreams? Could it be that they dont realize that they are pulling you into their dreams or maybe vice versa? Just a thought.

There could be a reaso;n you are dreaming about them. You should try and find out.

Well, you’re having these dreams about your cousins for a reason. If you take Jack’s advice and really do manage to get lucid over them, ask them about what they represent in your dream. Once you know that they’ll stop repeating themselves. :content: Good luck.

Akira55 it would be a wast of energy just focus and practise that live…real live is a dream…think often…“oh i dream” and look around and feel how detailed this dream is…big chance if you practise this every day you also say in your real dream at night “oh this is a dream” try to practise much more life is a dream like yogi do in the east…must become your second nature…

Yep its not easy…no remote control here! :smile:
Keep faith to that you will succeed and really want a ld.

Jeff