Well, here I am....

Hello. I’m new here.

My friend, about a year back, starting talking to everyone about lucid dreams and how cool they were, but I never really paid attention. A couple of days ago, I had a semi-lucid dream, and I remembered what my friend was talking about, did some research, and here I am. I’ve started performing reality checks regularly, and I’m gonna start a dream journal as soon as possible. Anyway, I’m sure all these “I’m new” posts get very frustrating, so I’ll shut up now. One question though: How long did it take each of you to get your first lucid dream? I’m pretty confident I’ll get the hang of it fairly quickly, but on the other hand, I’m sure I’m overestimating my abilities like I always do. I will stick at it though, because if there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s obsessive persistance.

Whats up my man?! Im new here as well, I haven’t had a lucid dream yet. Im still working at it, Ive gotta get my reality checks down better. But my dream journal is going real well, today I wrote my 6th dream. I read through the book a lot, it’s pretty cool to read through when you’re bored. But good luck on the lucid dreams.

WaNnAbE: Welcome to ld4all.com forum, here you will find excellent resources about lucid dreaming. It’s also a wonderful place to chat and ask questions. Welcome again and good luck on your lucid dreaming journey!

hi wanabe!
Welcome to the LD4ALL forum! Have fun learning all the different things about dreams and dream related topics! Good luck on lucid dreaming !
c ya ^_~

welcome WaNnAbE,

no one can give you a definite answer to your question, because it is different for different people. some get their first LD right away, and others take a month or so. but as long as you stay persistent with your techniques, motivation, etc. it shouldn’t be too long :wink:

welcome again, good luck with your LD’s!

Welcome to the forum. It took me about two weeks before I had my first lucid dream. After the first, they tend to get more frequent. Good luck!

Yay! Welcome! It took me a week to have a Reality Check in a dream that worked (I woke up about a second afterwords!) and 2 weeks to have a semi-lucid dream that lasted about 30 seconds, I havent had a huge full blown LD yet, but I’m pretty sure I’m getting close! Have fun and enjoy the wonders of lucidity! :cheesy:

Hi WaNnAbE,
Glad you’re here! I started LDing around the age of 5, stopped around 7 or 8 and relearned the abilitily at 19 (18 years ago) when Stephen LaBerge’s first book came out. Good luck!

NP man, I don’t get tired of reading the “Hi, I’m new posts.” Cause it helps me to get an idea of who you are. It also lets me dig into your personality. I mean, we will most likely never meet. So who you are to me has all to do with what you type in these threads. The more non dreaming topics you right on. Like the “Hi, I’m new posts.” the more you will stick out to me as an individual. Rather then just another post I read.

I had my first lucid dream 2 days after finding this site. Although it was one of the famous 5 second ones. lol. I had my first good lucid dream about a week after finding this site. It was very cool. Lasted less then 5 minutes. 5 minutes is a very long time though. When you have the power of lucidity at your hands.

I believe that my speedy progress is because I was having many non lucid dreams before I found out about this site, and always have. I had Lucid dreams as a child but didn’t know what they where.

See ya around !!!