Don't read this topic!

Ha!

This is just an experiment to see how many of you will click on this topic and go against the title.
You can see how many people clicked on it by checking out the views column in the lounge.

But feel free to post anyway

This is a tired, old experiment, and does little to actually prove anything about reverse psychology. :smile:

I clicked on it because I wanted to see exactly how I was to be insulted in the actual message - not because I couldn’t resist. Particularly when there starts to accumulate replies (like this one) people are likely to click on the link just to see what everyone has to say to the original poster.

i just clicked every post that was new. I didn’t even read the title :smile:

A message forum just isn’t a message forum without a ‘Do not read this thread’ thread!!

Hehee~ :lmao:

Well this is really the first forum i have been with and i have never seen this experiment before, but if people knew what it was, then why did the 40 odd people click on it?

And by the way athesist, it wasn’t meant to insult anyone. I don’t know why you would think that you would be insulted. Perhaps you just couldn’t resist and when you found out what the thread was you made up a response-probably not, but just a thought. Just a personal experiment- no need to get angry or whatever.

“Insulted” was the wrong word. I meant “teased, but with no offense intended.” :smile:

I must admit I clicked on it for the same reasons as Atheist. There is always some tease inside and some that I have read are quite entertaining so its sometimes worth the click to see if someone’s agot a new angle.

Personally, I thought it was some sort of avatar test or something. I don’t know why I clicked on it …

But anyway, i don’t think anyone would actually think you were implying that you didn’t want anyone to click on the topic. Anyone would know that if you didn’t want anyone to see what you had to say, of course you wouldn’t post it in a topic. It’s pretty much impossible to trick somebody with that. But hey, every forum needs at least one of those things … :content:

i thought that maybe you just didn’t know what to title your post… so you did that cause it would get people to read it. it worked, but there wasn’t a real topic to read, so i’m leaving :grin:

nice experiment though

oh come on, this is a forum, you will get people to view anything. :smile: If I started a thread that said gay lover pics with donkeys I bet you I will get views on the tread as well. :wink: :eek:

lol PleXD

:rofl: lol: :rofl:

wait, what am i doing on this thread again… :eh:

:eh:

I clicked on it cuz it was a weird name for a topic. I wanted to see if someone really made a mistake and accidentally posted :confused:

That’s okay Atheist, you’re allowed to get your words muddled up from time to time. You are Australian, after all.

LOL, I’m joking, I’m joking.

Now’s your cue to call me a “winging pom” to get me back, LOL!

:grin:

Ed.

i think almost everyone went for the same reason as Ath did. I mean, how stupid do u have to be to think " Oh boy, he dosen’t want me to read this, it must be something top secret that should never get out but for some reason he publicly posted it, better go check it out!"
I cant think of any situation where sum1 would seriously not want anyone to read the topic, and then accually post the topic :confused:

Heh, good point. Why would someone post a topic they didn’t want anyone to read in a worldwide public message board. It’s like yelling in public “Don’t look at me!!” :happy: :wink:

Yes, this is a stupid topic.

yeah. Plus, it’s not like there’s any danger of anything going wrong in a forum. If there was a “do not stand here” sign in real life, it would be different, because there’s potential dangers, so a decent reason not to stand there. (although, you’d probably still get foolish people standing there, but you get the idea)

This whole thread reminds of a joke my mum told me when I was a kid, about a sign which simply says “Do not throw stones at this sign”. As in, the sign is only there to tell people not to throw stones at it, and if the sign didn’t exist then…hey, as if I need to explain it anyway!..

this thread is about as lame as Stuffness’s siggy ^^ :wink: meh, he hates me anyway… :sad: