an accidental discovery for dream recalls

Your point about the ionizer method inducing night mares GinkGothian has sparked my curiosity and warrants investigating. I for myself have not had a problem with night mares but I’m wondering about the other people who are using the ionizers. Are you also experiencing night mares? Either way, could you please give me some feed back on this? Thanks! Also, GinkGothian , I’m wondering where your mother obtained this information? Please ask her. Any feedback would be helpful. xxshadowx-I’m glad the ionizer is working well for you bringing you from no dream recall at all to some dream recall now. This is the tip of the iceberg for you. Keep at it and write everything down in your journal.Keep in touch. :content:

I have a question to anyone that did some research on them-ionizators.There are many around.First type are moisturizers-ionizers(they blow up the mist or fog and ionize the air.Second type is all those salt lamps.And third are all those electronic thingos.
Which of those are most effective?Or as long as it ionizes its fine?
thx heaps:)

The best type of ionizer is the air purifier types that come with pins and often equipped with a small internal fan. I do not recommend lamps or machines that emanate any type of mist or spray nor material items such as ionizer bracelets and other solid materials. Please keep in mind that the electrical ionizer method is still under research and the jury is still out on this .Even though thus far the feedback results appear to be encouraging, more research and study is needed. :content:

“The best type of ionizer is the air purifier types that come with pins and often equipped with a small internal fan.”

So you mean those spraying kind of mist around?little pieces of water?I hope im right,sorry my english.
If so…i dont really get why drops of wet water ionize the air.
thx again:)
take care

Jack–With all due respect you are misreading my previous post. I agree with you that drops of water do not ionize the air. I repeat that I do not recommend any machine that disperses a spray or mist of water. You are thinking of what I believe is an Humidifier which emantes moisture into the air. That is a completely DIFFERENT type of machine . Please do not confuse that with an ionizer. :content:

actually, i have ionic breeze by sharperimage, 180 dollars for factory refined one. 300 bux new., air purifyers you gotta buy filters for, ionic breeze uses negative ions to circulate air and the dust particles stick to the rods that you just wipe with a paper towel 2 weeks later (you can leave it on 24/7, no noise like air purifyers) i have one there great

hmm…

I have one of these at home…I’ll try it tonight and post results. Sounds promising.

You are very fortunate Mindpath to have an ionizer from Sharper Image. those are very expensive machines. I wish to repeat once again the importance of placing the ionizer approximately one to two feet above your pillow where your head lays at night. If this is not possible, place it 2 feet on a table or stand next to your pillow area. If however, your ionizer has a powerful air circulating fan, this would be most unfortunate , because the fan will disperse the ions all about the room and you will not recieve the full benefits. But please don’t all run out and buy ionizers just yet. More study and testing is needed at this point. Also, the ionizer will only give you better dream recall and this is only a stepping stone towards our goal. It will not induce a lucid dream, but it will prepare you for the more important phase of my method which I will reveal soon which will induce lucid dreams. This second phase will be posted in Pasquale’s Dream Laboratory. Please watch for it. :content:

be sure to become a member of the “researchers” group then, because only researchers can post new messages in the lab section.
(go to usergroups and click on researchers and read instructions to apply)

:wiske:

Excellent topic for the dream laboratory Wizard!

I have ordered a negative ionizer from the site mentioned by Deathless One IMMEDIATELY after reading this thread. It’s probably the most impulsive order I ever did but I am pretty excited by this whole negative ionizer-stuff. Not only because it seems to help with dream recall but also because I’m allergic and it’s pretty irritating… Last but not least I love the smell of thunderstorm air :alien:

Wizard-im reading your posts very carefully:)
You just seem to have the idea of how they work,so im putting up new questions as im still finding out about them.
My main question remains- how would u rate them?From all three types:
1.electronic device(no sound,fog,mist,whatver,just the box)
2.humidifier(which also has a sign on a label-ionizes the air)
3.air purifier with a fan throwing out little pieces of water

Im asking cuz the one im keen to buy is basically second type(im allergic and my room needs fresh air on the days when i need to keep my windows closed).What i dont understand about this thing is HOW exactly it ionizes?it has an electronic device down in bowl of water.It uses ultrasounds to create fog(dry).It says its a humifier but right in the next line it also says ionizer.
Therefore-are ionizing features of this thing weak?
Also- would i still need to be keeping whole thing above my head,even if im able to smell different quality of air in the room?(my friend has it so i could check it out.
Thx heaps for dealing with all that confusion:)
take care:)

Also,i forgot theres a 4th type-salt lamps that are said to ionize air.I have one (putting it on from tonight)but hmm…how to say it…it looks so…useless(well,in terms of its just lamp) that im not sure if it can have any effect on semi large room.
thx again.

This Ionizer machine seems very interesting. I have alergies too… maybe I will get one… but mainly for the dream recall part :content:

By the way, Wizard, you said you remember many dreams now, how many is that exactly? What about the rest of you, how many dreams do you remeber each night? I just want to get an idea of where I am at now.

Great find Wizard. I do understand what “JustAnotherAJ” said about the placebo effect. This placebo effect explanation does not diminish your experience. Actually, Wizard I recently bought a HEPA air filter because of problems with air circulation and dust, etc.

As far as cleaning the air some ion generators work great, but for really cleaning air, a HEPA filter is the way to go, bottom-line. But I did some research on ion generators and such, and chose a HEPA filter for my needs. I was not sleeping well, too much dust and dirt, and not very fresh air. I tell ya all here, if you don’t sleep well check our your air quality also check out the ELF. As a side note I also own a Q-Link and I tell you this thing really works! E-mail me if you have questions:

clarus.com/

For those interested how about sleeping in a Faraday Cage for dream recall.
lessemf.com/personal.html
The Faraday Canopy Kit

For those interested, I purchased a Honeywell 13520 and it works sweet. It’s nice because it has 2 filters a charcoal pre-filter and the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter lasts about 2 years and the pre-filter (charcoal) filters have to be changed about every 3 months. But the pre-filters are for “2 Charcoal Prefilter (Lasts 6 months)… $9.90”
13520-replacement-charcoal-p … index.html

Not bad for a nice HEPA filter. I only paid 50$ for my Honeywell unit. For those interested. I didn’t want to preach to everyone here but hey, Wizard you are correct and I think these things are important to dreams! Health is important.

I did want to mention about the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze.
If anyone here wants a very good review on the Ionic Breeze check here: epinions.com/content_52429164164
The Friedrich C-90A is a much superior machine than the Ionic Breeze. But the Friedrich is very expensive. But you don’t have to replace filters. check the consumers reports article, it is quite through and worth reading.
air-purifiers-america.com/pr … uct=100010

Pasquale-I did as you suggested and clicked usergroups and then clicked researchers but could find no instructions for applying. All they had was a box which presented a selection of areas of the forum , and I clicked Lucid Laboratory. Then it had a thread but no instructions for applying. Please assist me on this. Thank you-Wizard

Meisykyume- To answer your question I average about 3 to 7 dreams per night. ----------Jack-May I suggest you visit the Sharper Image website simply to get an idea of what an ionizer is. You need not purchase an expensive model. A cheap one will be just fine as long as it has at least one ionizer pin. Also, please take a moment and scroll back to read the post by DeathlessOne. Thank you. :content:

After considering the situation, I have decided to post Phase 2 of my discovery method here under the Quest for Lucidity thread when it is ready, rather than the Dream Laboratory because there are too many hassles with joining the Lab team and I don’t want to be bothered with it. Also, I don’t want to join any team of researchers in the Lab section, because I achieved this method on my own, and not with the assistance of any researchers. In addition, I don’t see what difference it makes what thread it’s under as long as everyone can read it. So please watch for it. :content:

It is not just a certain number of dreams I can remember, it is every bit of mental activity that happens in my brain. For example, I just took a nap for about an hour, and since it was a short sleeping peroid, I did not have any dreams. I did, however, remember all kinds of little images, thoughts, and sounds that I would have never remembered if I wasn’t using the ionizer. When I dream, I can remember in so much detail its amazing. Before I had the ionizer, I maybe had a dream like this once a few months or something. Now, I have very vivid, clear dreams everytime I use the ionizer. And this is from someone can that has a very bad memory in general.

Oh, and if you got the AC (plugs into wall) ionizer from that site I mentioned, you will need to connected a power cord to the two wires it comes with. You need to get a power cord, and hook it up so the white wire attaches to the cord so it goes into the right slot on the wall socket (hot), and the black wire so it connects to the left slot on the wall socket (neutral). Make sure the wires will not touch and use electrical tape so the wire is not exposed.

I am happy for your progress with dream recall DeathlessOne. Thank you for the tips to the readers about proper electrical connections. I am happy that many others are experiencing good results. Make sure to keep a dream journal as this will be important for sharpening your dream memory recall. But I believe you will have cause for even more excitement when I reveal Phase 2 of my method which will be revealed soon. Right now there are still some bugs in it that need to be ironed out, for example unfortunately the method (against my intentions and will), hurls one into an Out of the body situation almost as if a person picks one up physically and throws them off a high cliff. I do not personally like OBE’s and find them frightening. But I am confident that I will iron out this unfortunate obstacle, and complete my objective to quickly induce Lucid dreams, which are fun and enjoyable. After deliberating on how to announce it, I have decided to reveal it piece by piece on a daily basis. The reason for this is because this device and method involved will alter perceptions and will require patient mental adjustment. Performed too quickly without proper preparation may cause results that may be undesirable especially if one has a mental illness. Until then Peace. :content:

Are you trying to make us cusious?
Well, you did :grin:

But I would also be interested in the method that you say gives one OBEs, since I never experienced one

Traumgänger