Lucid At The Last Moment

Does this happen to anyone else? Recently in my dreams, when they start to end and become less clear, this is when I become lucid. Problem is I become lucid just as they end, and I can’t get control because then I wake up. Any tips as to how to combat this?

Try spinning in circles. I also have this problem at times to… Whenever I fall off something high about halfway down I realize that this has to be a dream and i wake up in my bed lol.

Hey Chronos- I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been trying to LD for almost a month now, and there have been a few instances when I remember thinking, “hey this isn’t real, this is just a dream!” and then the dream becomes fuzzy or I wake up. Its very frusterating I know. Have you considered that in discovering that youve become lucid, you get excited and wake yourself up? I know that’s my problem, so next time it happens I’m gonna calm myself by looking at the ground and focusing! GoodLuck to ya.

When I feel I’m about to wake up and I don’t want to, I can usually keep myself dreaming by concentrating on the dreamworld. I found the best way (for me) to do this is to feel part of the environment (the ground a good example) with my hands and concentrate on the texture.

This happens to me quite often as well, but I don’t exactly consider it a lucid dream. However, I have heard that the best thing to do when anything like that happens is the following…

1. Do not move a muscle and try to stay relaxed
  2. Picture in your mind the dream you were just in
  3. Attempt to stay concious as you begin to reenter your dream
    (this would be a great time to try some of the WILD techniques)

I hope this helps.

Problem is though, as soon as I know its a dream, I wake up instantly.
Im hoping that maybe, as this happens more frequently, that i’ll get over the excitment and be able to try some of these techniques to keep the dream going, thx guys.