Underwater dream

Does anybody here ever have dreams where they are in water and they cannot get up, and then they automatically breathe in as if they were drowning, but they bring in oxygen with those breaths, so that they breathe underwater?

Yep! Happened to me. Here’s an example… long time ago I dreamt that I was underwater and I couldn’t swim toward the surface because something was holding me down. My lung burnt and finally I took a big gasp, realizing that I was able to BREATHE underwater! It was a wonderful experience!

I had a underwater dream once, but it wasn’t anything like yours…
I dreamt that I was a fish… swimming in a big shoal of fishes…
One of my best friends also was a fish and we met some fishes
who had gotten stuck on land and were dying, so we saved them.
but then the leader of our shoal got mad. She was a real hag, but
then she had mercy with the new fishes and allowed them to swim
with us, but me and my friend had to die.
So they executed us with this underwater-thingie…with a rope
you’d pull yourself so that it strangled you. I remember how
bitter I was, 'cause the fishes we’d saved just stood and watched us
getting executed without doing anything.

spuris- How rude of the fishes for not saving you since you saved them! :neutral: Maybe in your next LD, you can do some revenages on them! :wink: Just an idea.

I had a dream where I was swimming to the bottom of the pool to get something (something I can do easily) and was holding my breath, but I could only get half way down, then not up OR down! I know that I was holding my breath in real life, cause my lungs were burning, then I started floating up and I breathed in, I could breathe underwater! :oops:

You’d think I’d have a LD… nope! Still trying! that’s just 1 dream that I’ve had about breathing under water though!
Once I had a dream where I had gills on me feet!!!

yea it had happend to me too. i was trying to catch someone underwater but i couldnt hold my reath any more so i breathed underwater and i thought: hey i didnt knew i could do that!! well when i woke up i thought how stupid it was… soo i laughed for a while :grin:

Ocean themes in dreams are pretty common for me probably since I’ve spent a good amount of time there in real life. Now that I think about it, the breathing part never troubled me. I’ve always been very comfortable under there, even with the sharks. In addition to checkin out the scenery, riding waves is really fun; anybody tried that?

Actually this has happened to me couple of times. One time i was in a pool and the instructor asked me to hold my breath for like 5 mins, of course i knew i couldnt do it…but i tried anyways. I held my breath for couple of seconds…then i thought of a technique to breath underwater. I swallowed water through my mouth…then swalloed it then breathed through my nose. This worked 4 me for 5 mins, then i got out.

I tried to breathe underwater in only 1 LD, but it felt great!
During another LD I melted together with a window and breathed glass. The glass felt as the first moment when you touch cold water with your flat hand, while cohesion keeps the watter attached to your hand (if you know what I mean :smile: )
Next time I’ll try to breathe some other things like bricks or trees or something like that :grin:

mystic :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That must have been so cool to experience! Only thing I have experienced so far is breathing underwater and breathing in the space. :smile: I should try that… mystic, thank you for the idea!

Yes it was definitely a great experience. Breathing glass felt a little bit different as breathing underwater. More cold…
When I was “inside” that window the environment looked very blurry as seen through frosted glass, but it was fun. You should try it! :smile:

mystic: Oh I definately will try it! Thank you again! :grin:

With pleasure :wink:
Let us know how it was if you experienced it!
I had a nice LD last night but unfortunately I forgot my intention to experiment on this… Well, better luck next time I guess :smile:

Last night I had a dream in which I was going swimming in a public pool. I almost became lucid because I could see my surroundings changing in vividness. Anyway all was alright when I first got in the pool but when I dunked my head underwater I could feel a sharp pain in my right ear. I never get earaches but my siblings do. The pain felt so real.

I often breath underwater in dreams, the taking a breath isn’t the problem for me, I’m terrified of large bodies of water. Breathing in and surviving generally triggers lucidity for me and I can change the dream though. I’m not going to start using breathing underwater as a regular rc though, if it isn’t a dream then it would have uncomfortable consequences.