Encouragement for a Disheartened Member

I’m the disheartened member, as some people may have noticed, I’ve become a little spiteful and disheartened. But last night that changed with a little success. Since midOctober I’ve been in a serious lucid drought but last night I woke up at 4:45, read till 5:00(Lord of the Rings), attempted WILD till 5:30(shoulda tried longer but I have to get up at 6:30 :bored: ), then went with MILD. . .
In my dream I did an RC, came up with 6 fingers, realized I was dreaming but it was all fading to black and when I tried to stabilize it didn’t work. Then I either woke up or had a FA(I don’t remember ever opening my eyes after the dream faded) The next time I did an RC I again came up with 6 fingers but I readjusted my glasses and the 6th finger disappeared.
Even though I was lucid only ~3seconds I’m much happier now and plan on being less spiteful except to ppl who complain about only having 1 lucid a week. :grrr:

What the? :eek: I had my second LD (if you can call it one) ever this night, and it was almost exactly like yours! I didn’t do any RC, but I suddenly noticed that I was dreaming. But due to my excitement, the dream faded to black. I felt that I was lying in bed, but I also was still on the verge of the dream, very weird. I tried spinning around to clear up lucidity, but when that didn’t help, I decided to open my eyes, although I didn’t remember what happened after that…

Looks like these are common experiences, and it looks like we’re on the right track. Keep trying and report back when you have a full-blown LD again. I’ll report when I have a real LD, whenever that may be… :neutral:

Raging Canadian I’m suffering from a lucid drought too, I don’t know why all of a sudden. We’ll get over it :content:

I guess getting angry about not having LD’s can be working against you aswell, because the mind is your biggest tool for having LD’s, and if you get angry prehaps it won’t want to work with you but rather against you :bored: best to not get discouraged, keep at it RagingCanadian! (Hopefully I will have an LD soon to)