Make My Own Lucid Cd

[color=red]
This is part II of the topic Make My Own Cd.
Part I can be found here:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=2175
[/color]

Yeah, thanks buddy, you hit the nail right on the head there. :smile:

:cool:
Ed.

P.S. I notice you are German, so just in case you don’t know what I meant by the above remark, it means you were spot on with what you said. Sorry if I’m being overly clear, but it’s difficult to know how familiar foreign people are with common English phrases. After all, I can’t speak a word of German.

Did you try listening to your cd after 6 hours of sleep? U know that the most vivid dreams that we have happens after that time of sleep, and the REM dream time is longer. You should try this. Sleep 6 hours, wake up with an alarm and run your cd… tell us the results… Hope i’m helping…

Cya

Side :happy:

In reply to what Side said:

I did read your reply a while back, but I was focussing on WILD at the time. Now, after trying with WILD but not having much success, I suddenly remembered what you said and it really made me think.

What I might do is this: Create a CD that plays that voice every 30 minutes, go to sleep as normal to begin with, then wake up after 5-6 hours, set the CD playing, and just go straight back to sleep. That way I’d be just in REM sleep hopefully, and every half an hour there will be a quiet voice telling me that I’m dreaming.

Only problem is, I’m currently having a few problems getting my CDRW drive to work properely, so I might have to put up with the one that I did before which is set to play the voice every 45 minutes. I’ll have to see if I can sort out my drive first though. Either way, I’ll try one tonight and see what happens.

I’m not going to read or anything, not even try any techniques or think anything particulary. Just wake up, take a pee if I need to, then back to bed and set the CD going.

:happy:
Ed.

Reading this post a couple of days ago i remembered that i had ordered a CD that basically has all of what you are trying to accomplish ED. I bought it a couple of years ago but didnt understand how to use it until now. So i dusted it off and tried it yesterday. The last 2 tracks on the disc has “Are you dreaming” loops. One repeats the phrases constantly, the other just once with a long silence after. So what i did was play the track with the phrase being said once but i just press the repeat button, so this way I’ll hear it while i’m going to sleep and then it will play while i’m sleeping. I did have a dream with it. And at one part of the dream i could hear it but it sounded like it was playing in reverse or mumbled. And when i heard the sound of the phrase i was in a car trying to fix the stereo because i couldnt pickup the frequency or so i thought. It was kinda funny when i woke up because you would think it so easy to just hear something and automatically go lucid but as my dream showed me sometimes you just have to put it together like a puzzle. I’m gonna try again today (4/15/03) and see what happens. Oh by the way the website i ordered my disc from is: WWW.brainwave-entrainment.com and the disc i have is: Series 1: The Lucid Dreaming Version Trance Induction. Hope this helps.

I have made my CD now, which I will try out tonight.

The first track is that human style computer voice saying my name and then saying “You are dreaming.” Then there are 5 tracks of silence, each 15 minutes long each. I did this to give me greater control over what gap of silence I can have, meaning that I can adjust it to any length in increments of 15 minutes. I’m going to start with 30 minutes and see how that goes.

The reason I did it as multiple tracks rather than just one 15 minute track that I could repeat, is that it reduces the number of times that my CD player makes the wirring sound that it makes when it’s skipping back to play a track again. I just thought this would make for a smoother section of silence, that’s all.

Also, the first track (which has the voice on it), has 10 second of silence before the voice starts. I also did this so that the sound of the voice was a slightly seperate event from the sound of the CD player going back to that track. This may all sound quite trivial, but I think it makes a difference. It’s all about making the whole thing as smooth and un-noticable as possible, making a situation where the only thing my brain notices is the voice telling me that I’m dreaming.

Anyway, I’m going to try it tonight, and for several nights over the easter weekend, and I’ll report back any results.

Obviously to begin with, it might take a few nights to get the volume right.

Ed.

4/18/03
What i have noticed after 2 days of listening to my disc is that i got used to the “am my dreaming” phrase. It seems that the sound of it didnt even attract me in my dreams like it did before. Could it be that I have to give it some time between trials? Maybe switch up tracks to confuse my brain into paying more attention. Well since i wont be able to listen to the disc tonight, I’ll try it out tomorrow. That will give my brain a day of silence. If it works better that way then maybe not listening to the CD everyday is the key. One other thing i found interesting, While i was listening to the disc, i woke up with my heart pounding like it was going to bust out of my chest. I was laying on my stomach when i awoke but felt so scared to move because i really thought i would hurt my heart. Then the feeling subsided and my heart felt like it went back to its regular beats. I dont know if it has anything to do with listening to the disc but i’ll have to keep an eye on it for future reference.

Last night I accidentally switched the “repeat” button to off while I was starting the CD, so it didn’t play, it just played the first voice and then the half hour of silence and then stopped! AARRGGHH!!! HOW IRRITATING!!!

Especially seeing as I remember having all sorts of interesting dreams, which would have been great if I had been in control of them!

:grrr:
Ed.

By the way, Golgo13, what is it like when you hear the voice in your dream? Is it scary? Does it smoothly intergrate itself within the dream scene? What’s it like to suddenly go from a normal dream state into being told that you’re dreaming and then being lucid?

:smile:
Ed.

In my dream the voice sounded either muffled or like it was playing in reverse. As i posted before i remember trying to tune a car stereo because i couldnt hear the station well, which when i awoke i realized that it was the disc. The only time when i went lucid was without the disc, when i quickly said out loud that i was dreaming in my dream. I havent had an LD since using my disc but i’m still giving it a try. Oh and dont feel bad about the repeat button, I had to pull out the manual to figure out how the heck to get my alarm clock radio/CD/ whatever the hell other buttons this thing has to work. Just keep on trying and let us know how you do.

Ed.

I tried it early this morning, after waking at 5am, but it didn’t work, because I didn’t go back to sleep in time, and then when the voice spoke I was still awake.

I think this is a major problem with a technique like this, because I can’t get to sleep properely if I’m waiting for a voice to speak to me. Even if I really try to relax, it’s like my subconcious knows what’s going to happen so it stays awake to hear it.

I’ve had enough of this. Also, I’ve had enough of trying WILD, because with that, I either fall asleep or I stay awake, I just can’t seam to fall asleep whilst staying awake.

I’m starting to think that maybe my other WILD was almost pure luck somehow.

Anyway, I’ve given this CD technique and WILD a good try, but now I think it’s time to move on and try something else.

Now I have a completely different idea for a technique. I’m not going to say what it is yet. This time, I’m not going to say anything unless it actually works. And besides, because it’s not a definate technique yet, just some ideas of other things I can try instead.

It still involves waking up early (because I think that is the best time to have LDs), it just involves then doing something that’s completely different to listening to a CD or attempting WILD. If it works, it will be my own hybrid technique, based on odd bits from a few existing techniques I have read since I’ve been trying to LD.

But anyway, I’ll say more once I have tried it.

If anybody else wants to try this CD technique, don’t be put off by the fact that I’ve decided not to do it, try it for yourself if you want to. Different things work for different people. I’m just on my own personal quest for what works for me…

Ed.

Thats cool ED.

This sounds like a good idea. Im thinking of maybe downloading some peacefull sounds (Rain Forest, Ocean) then recording me saying things like “Your in a dream” and stuff like that, then with this program called Atomix im going to put the voice of the sounds and burn it onto a CD, then play it on some head phones Ive got and hopefully i’ll LD. It’s a damn good idea thx Ed Case :grin:

I was thinking upon similar lines before I read this thread…
I could include some songs (I’ll convert them from the cd’s to mp3 form for my mp3 cd player) and then set up a random play, so the thing won’t be so constant (constant playback doesn’t seem to work well from my experience ,e.g with the Holy Grail method, and from this thread).