Sooo close!!!

Last night I had a dream that me and my friend were on a beach I know well. I did a RC and realised I was dreaming (WOOHOO! First RC that worked!) I remembered to spin in circles, but I still thought my friend was real “were dreaming” I told her “spin in circles!” My dream was fading fast, so I decided that If it had to go I wanted to fly first. I tried flying, and got a few feet off the ground then woke up! :slight_smile: |) :D) I’m sooooo excited! I also had a FA that night! I know because I remember waking up in my room, while I was sleeping in the guest room

anyway! Wish me luck!

Charlotte :smiley:

Congrats, and good luck :smile:

Good for you! I would just like to say that you should try looking at your hands in your next ld. For me it has been much more effective than spinning. Also, whenever you try to fly don’t get too excited. In several lds where I’ve flown I immediately woke up because of this. False awakenings are a good indicator that you’re making progress. Good luck!

The first time I had a lucid dream I rubbed my hands together at the start of it. It was the most vivid part of the dream that I could remeber. Give it a try next time.

thanks for your posts!

as a progress report, I had a dream last night that was a nightmare, I got sooo scard, but then I’m like “this cant be happening, Its just a dream, Wake up!” so I did :content: I never thought of trying to be lucid, all I wanted was to wake up, 2 nights in a row I’ve found myself in a dream… 3rd time lucky!
next time I’ll try your suggestions!
:cheesy:

Right before I started LD-ing I used to have nightmares that i realized were dreams, but I always just woke myself up. For me it meant that i was getting close, hopefully it does for you, too!
Good Luck!

Yes! Yet another (almost) success! I was in a dream and the only other semi-LDs that I’ve had I’ve just realised I was dreaming and THEN Did a RC. This time it was the opposite. I just did a RC at a clock then when It went back in time i was like ‘wow! I can’t be dreaming’ so I looked at my hands and I had 6 fingers! I was glad that that happened because I was a bit scared of finding too many fingers, so when it actually happened I realised it wasn’t too bad :wink: anyway i woke up really soon afterwards, but I think I’m getting almost there! I’m sure there will be a ‘big one’ which will be 30 seconds or more soon :content:

Next time you become lucid, remember not to get too excited. Instead of forcing your dream, eg. flying, meeting “hotties”, stealing cars etc. yield. If you, eg. decide to fly your brain might notice the missing speed, a contrast between your body (still) and mind (moving), resulting in a quick awakening due to the missing dizzyness (generated by spinning).

With yield I mean, eg. interacting with what you already have, eg. your friend at the beach. Ask her eg. what she is going to do or if she could put the radio a bit louder (might be surprised at what your hear). Avoid quick movement or excitement before the dream is very stable.

Best Wishes
joccis

ok! Next time I’ll try that! I’m really crushing down on these RC’s now (I’m really into this LDing :smile: ) so I think I’ll have another one soon, so I’ll try that, but it seens like whenever I notice I’m dreaming even before I do a RC, or after I realise I’m dreaming (after a RC) the scene completely dissapears and I’m left with only myself, so next time I’ll try looking around right away :cheesy: thanks for the reply!