3 LDs in a ROW!! BUT.................

Ok, sorry to write so much, but I’m a writer, so here’s the story… :grin: …Last night I went to bed around 12:30 … I made some strong mental affirmations that I’d have an LD, and slowly feel asleep with that notion firmly in mind - I remember hearing the distinctive loud buzzing noises, and rode them patiently, like a slow wave, right into a vague picture, which eventually turned into an LD. I remember “waking” up in my LD, in my bed, but just KNOWING it was my “dream bed”.

It was dark, of course, and I got out of bed and walked into the other room…well, my hunch was confirmed when my condo looked totally different outside of my bedroom than it does in RL. I walked around, floated to the ceiling for a quick RC, and then wanted to start doing some fun stuff… the problem is, the ENTIRE time, clarity remained horrible. I can compare it to being very buzzed or slightly drunk, with a combination of your eyes being slightly crossed, to the point where I woke up with a eye strain headache. The LD faded within a minute, and I awoke back in my real bed.

It was only around 1:00 at this point… I fell asleep again, quite quickly. Once again, I woke up in my dream bed; the same exact situation arose - horrible clarity. I remembered what someone on this forum posted about trying to focus on something in the LD to increase clarity, so I walked to my dream fridge, and very closely examined one of the magnets. Only that magnet and the writing on it became very clear, and everything else was still blurry when I took my concentration off of it. Shortly after, the LD faded to black, and I woke up again! :grrr:

My third and final LD came right after that. I found myself outside at my old house. I walked to the backyard and tried to focus closely on a leaf on one of the trees to increase clarity and color. I concentrated very hard and it worked for only a few seconds, then that LD faded to black just like the other two. How damned frustrating that is… 3 in a row, all very short, and all low-level clarity. I tried looking at my hands, rubbing them, concentrating on objects for an overall clarity increase, etc, etc…nothing worked!! :bored:

Could it be because I had all 3 LDs within the very first hour of sleep for the night?? I’ve read that these early night LDs will always be invariably blurry, uncontrollable, and quite short. I wish there were a way around that, but perhaps the human brain just doesn’t produce the correct brain waves essential to vivid LDs that early in the first sleep period…

Everyone, anyone…please give me more suggestions on increasing clarity. AND, is it possible to have a clear, vivid LD within the first hour of going to sleep in the FIRST sleep period of the night??? :eh:

nice to get three chances one night :smile:

what i’ve heard it’s something you become better on with time, so just be patient and continue trying to get clearity, and you will get there…that’s what i think

Yes, it’s possilbe to have a vivid LD during the first hour of sleep. I find that most of my LDs usually occur during the first or last hour of my sleep.

One reason for those short LDs is very simple: the REM periods are very short in the evening and also your body may not be relaxed enough to give ‘good sleep’, but after 5-7 hours of sleep REM phase can be over hour in length.

i think you just need to keep trying, i don’t think a specific technique is gonna help you. i think that believing that it’s gonna work will help you a lot, and you will get better in time, it gets easier and easier. just keep it up and believe it will get clearer strongly when you do the techniques.