Perfect device for RC...

I was cleaning out my closet last week and came across a couple of pagers that i was ready to toss out. Then it came to me that i dont need to have them hooked up to have the alarm on them work. So what i did was take 1 and clip it on my belt during work. I set it to go off at the top of the hour and when it does i do my RC by looking at the digits on the pager, then looking at my hands, read a couple of signs, ask myself if i’m dreaming or not then just readjust the alarm to go off at the top of the next hour. Doing this ensures me that i get at least 8 good RC’s during work. Now at first i was using the beeping sound of the pager and when i went to sleep i would lay the pager next to my head to see if i could use it to have a LD. What i found was that the sound of the beeps were just too loud and it would wake me up thinking that i had just heard the alarm clock. So what i did for the past 3 days was put it in vibrating mode and everytime it went off i would say “When i feel this vibration I must do an RC”. Then what i did was ( :cool_laugh: My wife couldnt stop laughing when she saw me doing this)clip the pager to my draws when i went to bed and repeated my “when i feel this vibration…” affirmation over and over. I set the pager to go off at about 1 hour and 15 minutes later. At first the vibration would wake me up until i guess i got used to it. Then i had a couple of good dream recalls that i can remember included the vibrations. This afternoon was the best of the whole week. I felt the vibration, i felt myself going through the motion of reaching for the pager on my hip and was ready to check the digits when…my wife decides to wake me up to see if i want lunch! Yes, i actually thought i was really awake ready to do an RC and BAMM my wife and her freakin lunch! :bored: Hey no time to be pissed, she gave me an idea. Since i have 2 pagers, why dont i set both to go off, at different times of course, and see what happens. Kind of like creating a wake w/first pager, then back to sleep hopefully going Lucid w/second pager. Could this work i dont know but thank goodness its the weekend, better for me to sleep without any interuptions.

Theres been an idea to use digital clock for RC’s. When the time beeps, you do a RC. Then you set it near your bed and when you hear the beep in your dream your all set (hopefully)

Interesting, I also thought about starting a similiar experiment.
Keep posting about that :smile:

Traumgänger

:cool_laugh: cool idea!

I’ve just recently set my watch to beep every hour for some reason… :eh:

I wanted to do some kind of rc but people were suggesting stuff like every time you walk through a door, do a reality check, but this is much easier to remember :wink:

Although… I probably won’t hear the watch in my sleep :confused:

especially since once a FIRE ALARM went off… and guess what happened?

I slept through it :cool_laugh:

luckily there wasn’t a fire.

Not a bad idea. at work, i’ve programmed Microsoft outlook to send me reminders throughout the day. i get maybe 10 or reminders to do reality checks.

i’d love to hear more about vibrating reality checks. do people benefit from this?