Tibetan Dream Yoga

Is there anyone who practices Dream Yoga or has taken some of the techniques from it that can give a newbie some advice? :yinyang:

Hi
I am currently reading a book on dreamyoga, but I still got to finish it.
Anyway, I think you should have a look into the “Big lucid living” topic.I am not sure of it, but I think LL is what dreamyoga is about, basically.
Anyway, I think some members are into dreamyoga and can give you a more detailed answer.
Do you know something about it, or do you have some practice yet?
Perhaps you should ask a bit more direct question :wink:

Traumgänger

I have seen stuff about it in books, but nothing specific on what the practice entails. I would like to know the basics…

There is a book called the Tibetan Yogas of Sleep and Dream. I forget the authors name but he is a tibetan monk. You could do a search for it on Amazon or whatever… thats where I picked it up. I haven’t read the whole thing yet but its pretty good. Starts with basics and gets more complex.

Some books about dream yoga:

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche - “Tibetan Yoga of Sleep and Dreams”

Namkhai Norbu - “Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light”

Gyatrul Rinpoche - “Ancient Wisdom: Nyingma Teachings on Dream Yoga, Meditation & Transformation”

Swami Sivananda Radha - “Realities of the Dreaming Mind”

The Dalai Lama - “Sleeping, Dreaming and Dying”

Lama Surya Das - “Tibetan Dream Yoga: A Complete System for Becoming Conscious in Your Dreams” (Audio)

I don’t practice dream yoga, but I’m going to try it in a couple of months. I don’t like the idea of waking up every 2 hours to do some exercises, especially when you have to go to school the next day :smile:

I don’t think you have to do that wake every 2 hours thing, that’s probably just a way of becoming lucid. The important part of Dream Yoga is what you do when you are lucid. Look at these sites:

www.spiritualtravel.org/OBE/dreamyoga.html
www.totse.com/en/fringe/dreams_auras_astral_projection/ yogadrm.html

I haven’t been able to work on LDs much as I have very important college exams coming up. However, I am going to a hypnotist and should be able to LD properly in the summer.