Tool Fans

I am a huge tool fan, and a drummer/composer as well. It’s great to hear someone else who truly can appreciate their music. The way they start with a little motif and then slowly change the rhythm and pitches, all playing off of eachothers lines is so…incredible! Wow! And to answer Hubba’s first question of other bands, it’s a semi-local Portland, Oregon, USA band, but they are an amazing band–Floater. www.floatermusic.com Any fans of tool could probably appreciate their music. I personally like all the albums besides their latest one better, but that’s just my opinion. Even non-tool fans should check them out, they have amazing acoustic stuff as well as the more “rock” music.

I’m a big Tool fan. Not a drummer though, alas. :slight_smile: I’ve got a guitar that sits beside my bed and is never played though, does that count for soemthing? :stuck_out_tongue:

just had to pop up. i’m tool fan :cool:

The art is great, now that artist help devlops backdrops and other good things for the band(for the tour). I like Alex Grey, a little strange but his art is amazing. :smile:

Nice to see so many Tool fans, a great band indeed :content: .

I just had a question, i was wondering about the new DVD the band was gonna release. I heard rumors about it, but nothing real solid, i was just wonderinf if anyone know’s anything about any release dates or anything, if you do keep me updated. :music:

Sex,drugs, and Rock n Roll who would of thought that was the American dream???(someday i want to live it!!!)

I WORSHIP TOOL! :cool_laugh:

Well, almost. It has been confirmed though that they are releasing a concert DVD sometime this year…no release date as of yet though. I can tell you though I’ve never anticipated anything coming out as much as this (and of course their next album which we probably won’t see until next year since Maynard is recording another album with APC this year…)

My feelings of Tool are inexplicable. I am also a musician and their music is like no other band. I can feel myself getting lost in the music. I’ve had past experiences of almost finding a higher state of consciousness while listening to them. A good friend of mine hs also done the same. If you don’t believe me find the song 3rd Eye off the Aenima cd. After listening to that tell me didn’t feel something. I went to the live performance and it was a true spiritual experience. The funny thing is everyone who I know who listens to Tool describes them in the exact same way. I think they have really tapped into something beyond the normal human experience.

“Today a young man on acid realizes that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such as death, ife is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom wth the weather.”

Yeah, i’ve heard the same, just seeing ifanyone heard anything new or different…Thanx though :wink: BTW, i heard that Paz isnt in APC anymore(she’s in Zwan), and they replaced the bass player with Twiggy from Marilyn Manson.(Weird exchange)
I heard or saw pictures of Tapeworm but honestly i dont think its gonna release.

Yep! I agree with you completely, it really is Mind expanding music. I like to call it the Psychedelic Rock or Metal. Kinda of like a new aged Pink Floyd but more of today’s sound and inquiring Hard music. But when Tool Performs, its like they take you on a ride to a different realm, very cool,different unique props and acts. Mind Blowing :cool_laugh:

Cant wait untill for some new material and new tour… :music1:

well see now we are seeing eye to eye. i don’t understand why more people know of them or have the kind of experiences i do when i listen to Tool. most people write them off as a hardcore metal band when in reality they are so muc more. LISTEN TO ME PEOPLE!! SMOKE SOME MARIJUANA AND LISTEN TO AENIMA AND LATERALUS. your life will change. better yet get some mushrooms and listen to it. :eek:

I am also a big tool fan.

I saw them live a couple of years ago. What a show they put on!! Amazing stuff!

hehe.
i love tool. uuh… just love them.

dredg are nice too, speaking of bands…
they sing about lucid dreams.
on their album el cielo at least…

w1.822.telia.com/~u82206816/tool020724.2.jpg
a drawing i started but never finished :wink:

That is a great drawing, send in the rest of it when you finish it, It looks Identical :wink:

oh yeah, tool are freaking amazing, not many bands out there are like tool and can pul off the crazy beats…

did you guys know that all the lyrics for Deftones are from Chino’s (singer) dreams? i thaught that was pretty cool :happy:

and im pretty sure most of you know that Brandon Boyd (singer for Incubus) practices lucid dreaming and you can tell that many of his songs are dream like… Incubus rule :cool:

oh, and for those who think that those crazy beats are wack… i would have to say that Primus are the best for that :shy:

WORD. I know exactly what you’re talking about. Have you ever listened to the live version of Third Eye on Salival? IMO is is WAY more powerful than the album version.

LOL sorry man I had to laugh at that.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves, here and gone with the weather.”

sorry double post

I like Tool alot and have alot of their stuff. Mihaliko im don’t think im gonna do any kind of drugs while listening to them (I don’t like drugs at all Freind nearly killed himself) But by far my most faviorate band would be RAMMSTEIN! any fans of Rammstein? im crazy bout’ them.

I like Rammstein, particularly their last album. Once you translate the lyrics into English though, they’re a little inappropriate. :wink:

The music videos are really great too.

Ahh Tool. When it comes to bands, one of the true prodigies! They’re just so tight and just so… well… good!

(And this coming from an extremely egotistical musician LOL) :tongue:

I do like Tool… Also appreciated the string tribute. :smile:

But Rammstein? For the most part the ridiculous lyrics really spoil them for me. :neutral:

The lyrics don’t really bother me, If I listened to music just for lyrics then i’d be better of watching the news :wink: