Shared Dreams: Moral Issues

hi dunlar,

i think it is a very interesting topic. i think it would be good to share such knowledge with those you trust. however, i must agree, that such abilities have the potential to be abused.

sometimes in my lucid dreams - my friends or parents stop me during my journey, to tell me something good or bad about the way i am. it is interesting to listen to - and i don’t really mind if people visit me in my dreams, as long as it is not against my will. however, i believe, if you try hard enough you can probably stop them entering anyway. i feel that others often enter our dreams, but don’t have to be lucid to do this - just have to have the intent.

the politician idea would be funny - maybe you could give them demonstrations of how their policies are just so wrong - and try and give an example of its negative consequences in their dream. unfortunately though, their dream would most likely be interepreted very differently / if at all on their part.

they are my thoughts on the issue…

Every good thing has a bad side.

It’s like nuclear weapons, Made for… eh never mind think of it like computers. made to make the world easier, but can be used to get information about things the common peoples shuldn’t know

This is a problem I think we are gonna have to handle when we come to that point. For now I’m just gonna think of what to do in the summertime. If someone messes with my dreams im gonna show them what dreammagick is all about. They are gonna wish they where awake.

As far as i know people this would be just excellent thing to abuse:) Besides few good sides i think it would lead the world to new nightmare-its all about sex and money…and no one would think about others having such a powerfull tool in his/her hands…so if you ever get your hands on it…dont let anyone know!!!
ps.But you can pm me:)

Take care:)

Hi
I think if i found such a technique i would try to share it with the whole world.
Because IF there is such a technique,sooner or later somebody would find out who would use it for “bad things”.So,it is better if at least anyone knows about.

It is difficult to say if it would do more good or more bad.There would be less privacy,but less lies.If you can´t have any secrets you don´t have to keep anything secret,so perhaps this could be something good.

And DJem is right.Perhaps somebody would be able to enter my dream in order to terrorize me,but if this makes me lucid he won´t enjoy it for too long… :uptosomething:

But perhaps there would be something like a “dream police”? They could sell dream lizences,and you have to pay money if you want to be allowed to dream about sex…
But before they pass such laws there would be huuuge demonstrations,there´ll be dream-punks.Imagine police fighting against civilists in the dream world,trying to stop a demonstration in a dream of some high politician…
I think i could go on with these wierds thoughts for a while.Somebody should write a book about it…
Or perhaps i´ll try to write a poem? :smile:

Traumgänger

“There would be less privacy,but less lies.If you can´t have any secrets you don´t have to keep anything secret,so perhaps this could be something good.”

i totally disagree here....living with your heart and soul open would be a diseaster...we need privacy to stay normal and healthy...thats why its such a big issue to keep privacy private:)

Wow I think you are going way to far there. If this shared dreaming thing is true, then I think it will only work with people you will know well, because you have to know who they are, not only their name and look, but also their person, to get into their dreams. If you get what I mean…

Hi Jack
Could be that you are right… but we´ll never know until everybody is able to do perfect mind-reading.
It sounds terrible at first,but think of the advantages:
No more problem about how to say “I love U”
You dont have to pretend that you like food that you dislike

No more misunderstandings between people
No more lies

I think people would behave nicer if they knew how they hurt others,put perhaps you are right and they´d use it to be even more cruel.Human race is able to do awful things…

Traumgänger

Hey Traum:)

Hehe yep,there are heaps of issues.But-would you take the risk?i wouldnt...there is much more to it than honesty- life is very complicated on many levels...sometimes you do love someone while there are moments when u hate him/her,but u do realize its just a mood thing.

And many,many problems like this-sure there would be no lies- but not every lie is bad…sometimes you dont like the food but you like the person who prepared it,then manners come in,for good purpose cuz u dont wanna hurt someones feelings…other way…you`d be walking around hurting just everyone and end up in suicide…how would u explain it was unintentionall?too late

Sure there are plenty points of view as it is very complex thing…but the bottom line for me is- Bad Thing:)

ps.and heh…without it we having more and more divorces…guess it wouldnt help if she could read my mind every time we go for a walk:)especially in the summer:)and i just dont wanna think how would i stand her thoughts:)

Since I’ve been away from this forum, I’ve had amny dreamwalking expirements. These expirements worked :content: . I got my main technique from psipog.
Anyway, I have to say that I have terroized people in their dreams that tick me off, and I’m trying shared dream sex sometime soon so the girls can remember me in a nice :wink: way during summer vacation. The funny thing is after the shared dream, the kids that I nightmareize (funny word) ussally think its just a dream, but they still look at me in a little more respect.
Also, I think you guys are driffting away from reality with “dream police”, because remember you can have your own lucid dream and do what you want without it being shared. If some “Dream Policemen” enterd my dream and told me to stop having sex I would take out a m16 and tell him to back off. Thanks for reading :smile: .
-Ness-

Well…id turn them into policewomen and invite to join:):):slight_smile:

It may sound strange Ness but…is it possibile for you to nightarize my dreams?For the sake of proving it and also because i just like having nightmares.Are there requirements to have this experience with you?
How u do it?
thx:)

I would have to have seen your face because thats required in the technique. Go to www.psipog.org and goto Articles, Preception, Dreamwalking. Its worked 5 out of 9 times for me, but I haven’t done dream work for like a couple months since the board closed down.
-Ness-

Hi Ness
Sorry,i know how annoying it is that people always want proofs (especially cause i think it is impossible to absolutely proof something),but i still have to ask:
How do you know it really worked? I mean,you didn´t ask the other guys if you appeared in their nightmares,did you?
Have you ever tried it with someone you trust,as a test?

Well,if you´d be able to enter someone´s dream with only a foto,that would be really cool…
Strange,i think that shared dreaming is possible,but if anybody tells me he actually did it i suddenly become sceptic.However,now i am going to read through the site :smile:

Traumgänger

Hi
Another question:
In which state of mind did you try this?

Traumgänger

About lies in dreams. I think it is posible to keep lies in dreams even if they aren’t lucid. In a dream you think you are awake, therefor you wouldn’t tell secrets to anyone in your dreams. Of course, it would be posible to set the person up so he/she tells the secret (maybe morf to a close friend) I also think you easy can trow persons out of the dream if U get high lucid. And that police think would be grate in big cities and stuff. You find a man i coma and uses his dream for a public arena for all dreamer and tell the man in coma to ban those hwo do something illeagal (but no fee for having sex)

Hey Ness:)

Thx for responding:)
Still…would it be possibile to take a part in shared dreaming of yours?
You can email me,or pm me or just leave the message here.
I had a chance to try it few times,somehow it has never worked,im still hoping to change my mind.Your posts are inriguing,so if you have a time and willing to take this effort,i`d appreciate:)
take care

Hi
I was wondering what would happen if you were in someone else’s dream and they woke up? You might get stuck in the dream world!
And even if you entered the dream, who says youll’d be able to control it?

Ness have you seen the thread Collective consciousness - Mind Games - the Laboratory (ld4all Forum Index -> Lucid Lounge)
it’s about an experiment to project a picture of an object into someone else’s head and they need to guess what that object was. You may be a big help to them.

I don’t think it would be that bad. If the other person woke up, I think you would be thrown out of this person’s dream and continue with a dream of yours or wake up yourself.
But I don’t know about controlling other people’s dreams.

Yeah i don’t really think it is possible anyway until i get some PROOF.

You know us skeptics! :wink:

:happy: Hi dunlat to be very honest i dont think i could resist the temptation!

but i dont think this will be ever possible by use of a tech…i think that if this is possible…maybe on a yogi level…it is by the bridge called talent and by means of tech…

Greetings,

Jeff

Sorry i ment of course Dunlar!!!

Jeff