Wbtb

i know this is like my fifth topic in 3 days but how exactly does the WBTB work bacause every night i go to bed round 12- 1am (cause its my holiday) and am wakin up at 5 to try the WBTB but every time i wake up then i always find that i remember nothing in the slightest about my dream and then when i stay up to read notes on lucid dreaming it dont really help me :confused:tupid: :eh:

am i doin something wrong or is it something else ??? :yinyang:

This might help you out. (Taken from Learn To Dream)
If you wake up right after you have a dream you will remeber 75% of it.
If you wake up 8 minutes after a dream you will remeber 50% of it.
If you wake up anytime after that you will remeber 30% of it.
My advice… know yourself!

You might try sleeping a least 6 hours before rising, splashing your face with some cold water and mixing your LD media (movies, music, internet).
I’ve always found that regardless of the method, intent and desire are the most important factors to inducing. Remember, it can take some time for your first LD, so keep trying and good luck!

yeah, i really think intent works because i can get myself to wake up after dreams more frequently when i remind myself to do it…
keep practicing the WBTB, though. i’m a believer in it…
i’d had no luck with other methods and WBTB is what did it.
good luck,
ian

yep, WBTB is a great method. getting up after 6 hours works best for me. I get up, wash my face, eat something, then read LD stuff on the forum or read Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming by Laberge.

also, like they said, intent works very well. i had a dry spell for a while and then one night i just said to myself, “I will have a lucid dream!!!” and guess what, I had one. I really believed, I mean total faith here, that I would have one. It helps… :grin:

so how long you stay awake before you start sleeping again?

i normally stay awake about 5 minutes or something but i never remember my dream when i do wake up first which is about 4 or 5 but at 7 when i normally wake on a week day i remember more than when i wake up first

All the lucid dreams that I had intentionally, I slept for 6 hours, stayed up for one hour, and then went back to sleep.

My WBTB method used to be 6 hours and then stay awake for 30 minutes before I head off back to my bed.

Now my method is very flexible and it works pretty good. I just need to go to bed and make sure I have at least 8 hours or more of sleep and allow myself to wake up naturally (I always wake up at 3:00 AM naturally for some reasons IF I go to bed early and rise early :grin: ) and then attempt to WILD from there. I hope I make sense here… :eek:

5 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour… so it seems that there’s options… and i should just try which one fits for me the best, right? ok, doesn’t sound too difficult :grin: . i’m going to try this tonight… thx…