So close to having an out of body experience

I am writing about the event which happened 15 minutes ago. I am very new to this whole LD/OBE thing. I’ve had LD’s before, but about a week ago, I accidentally had an LD, which was why I looked it up on the Net, and came across this site. And from this site, I learned about the Suneye method, and more importantly, about reality checks.

Anyway, after reading about OBE’s I found them to be a lot more intriguing than LD’s. I mean, an LD could be dismissed by the “scientific” folk as just a “dream”. But an OBE for me would prove to me that what people consider “reality” is so far from the truth. (I actually know this because I’ve had some psychic mind commucation experiences in the past, but I was under the influence of LSD. And of course, people could be like "well, what do you expect, you were messed up on drugs!). But anyways, I don’t want to digress and lose anyone who’s taking the time to read this, so I will talk about my experience now.

I set my alarm to wake up after 6 hours. I woke up, but I was too tired and lazy to get up and walk around to “totally wake up”. But I didn’t want to just go right back to sleep and lose the opportunity, so I tried to concentrate and stay alert. (In the past, I had stayed awake to no avail, so you could say that I was “losing a bit of faith”.) So I was lying down and focusing on my third eye the best I could and I kept telling myself that I was going to LD (not OBE). Anyways, i drifted off to sleep and I was having a dream. It would have been a typical dream as usual, but the opportunity to perform a reality check presented itself. In the dream, my roommate was writing some stuff down, and for some reason, I understood that he was jotting down his thoughts of me on paper, and I could read what he was writing without him seeing me. At first, I thought I was “reading” his writing, because I was getting a message in my head, but then, I realized that these were my thoughts of how he thought of me, and not his actual words on paper. So I tried to read the words, and I saw that they didn’t really make any sense. They were so abstract. Then all of a sudden it clicked. I realized that it could be a dream, so I read a couple of words, closed my eyes and reread them. Sure enough, the words appeared to be different. THen I thought to myself, “Yes, LD time baby!”

But I guess, subconsciously, since I heard about the OBE’s, I had been telling myself, “Why bother with an LD, when you can have an OBE?” I guess I’m the kind of guy who’s looking for the ultimate experience. So I snapped myself out of the dream and I realized that I was in my body ready to OBE! So I was lying there and I tried to will myself out of my body. I felt intense vibrations. I mean very intense! I can still feel my head tingling a bit. Anyways, right away, i felt my dream body floating out of my physical body. And as I got farther away from my physical body, I heard these “auditory hallucinations”. It sounded just like a “flanger” (an effect used by guitarists). Then I opened my eyes thinking that I would be ready to walk out of my body. But I found that I got sucked back in (and coincidentally, the “flanging” effect disappeared). So I did the same thing, willing myself out of my body, this time waiting longer, but again I got sucked back in. Then I tried it again a third time, and I waited even longer. This time, I really tried to be aware of my body, and I realized that my left foot was tucked beneath my right foot and bent back at an angle, so I tried to free my leg, but as I was trying to do so, I actually kicked with my physical leg, and when that happened, I lost it! I ended up waking up.

I was so excited, but at the same time disappointed. I was so close. But it’s a learning experience. I should have tried the “roll over” technique to get out of my body, but I didn’t think of it. I realize the importance of really knowing all the various tricks and techniques. When you’re in that state, you don’t really want to logically think things true. You want to act and not think. I also see that the physical body is sort of like a “planet”. If you want your dream body to free itself, you have to break free of your physical body’s gravitational pull. Now, I don’t know that it’s exactly like that because there may be tricks, or certain angles at which the “gravitational pull” is weaker. Oh yeah, and it’s true that it’s extrememly difficult for your head to break free. After I woke up, I wanted to go right back to sleep and go for it again, but I wasn’t tired and most likely, I wouldnt’ be in the right state to go back into it due to the REM-related issues. And I felt like I had to write this down and share it with everyone.

Anyways, I wished that I could be writing about how wonderful an OBE I had, but this is all I could write about. I wanted to share this with everyone, and more importantly, I realized that there may be many newbies like me who may be a little bit skeptical, pessimistic, or just frustrated, so I wanted to help in any way that I could. And if anyone has any suggestions or comments, I eagerly welcome them. A subtle tip or technique could make the difference between success or failure to “break though”. (I thought of a question I could ask, but I will ask it in another post.)

Thank you for reading, and thank you guys all for being a part of this community.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum.

hi mellowman76!:slight_smile:

You were really close to having an OBE! Dont worry, if u keep practising u will have another one in no time :content:
Good luck on having a real one

We thank U for being a member of this community too…hope u enjoy it here!:slight_smile: