the BIG "HI, I'm new here!" topic

SyKaDeLiK TRiPPn: Welcome to the ld4all forum! Yeah, not a lot of people believe in controling their dreams. We’re not open minded… not just yet. :grin: It’s fun and it’s sad to see how many people are missing out from not remembering their dreams or even miss more from becoming lucid. At least… you’re lucky. You get this opportunaty. :smile: Good luck on your journey!

Hi, everyone. I actually registered here a while ago, but for some reason I’m just posting here now. :shrug: I’ve had a couple low-level LDs, nothing special. Well, I just thought I’d drop in to make my presence known. :content:

Hi Cosmo112! Enjoy your stay and don’t hesitate to ask questions if you have them. That’s what we’re all here for! :grin:

Happy dreaming!

Hi there everyone.Im new to this board myself.Ive tried lucid dreaming once, it worked for a little while(seemed like 10 minutes).It was wierd because I was flying through the air like I do in many dreams, then all of a sudden I realized I was dreaming ,so I went to the ground to try and do something cool.In this dream I used a technique I read somewhere on the net(to look at my hands,in order to stay lucid longer, it seemed to work).On my first quest I was encountered by a strange character who inturrupted my quest to fullfill something and the lucid dream very quickly ended. Ive got a question for you guys. How do you all become lucid in a dream? Does it just happen as it did for me?. I had read about it on the net and wanted to try it ,but wasnt really sure how it would work, it just sorta happened. Thanks for any answers given

Hi all,

Hope to learn loads about Lucid dreaming from you all in the future.

catch you later, happy dreaming.

Kayos

Hi all. I"m relatively new here (although I’ve made a handful of posts today). I’ve been a “metaphysical” kind of person for some time, but for the longest time, I had put the trippy stuff on the shelf, so to speak. But this website has taught me a lot and for me, it has made the trippy stuff very tangible. I’ve had LD’s before, but they would just be accidental. I’ve learned about reality checks and inducing LD’s. This stuff is just a trip, seriously. To other newbies, I’m telling you, it’s for real. I remember reading about how electric appliances and light switches don’t work in dreams. Sure enough, the other day, i tried to turn on the lights in my bathroom in my house in a dream and it didn’t work. I didn’t go lucid because I actually believed that the light burnt out!

But, for you guys who think LD’s are a trip, you need to at least read about OBE’s (out of body experience). This phenomenon seems utterly unbelievable. Even to believers of LD’s it can probably seem far-fetched. But it’s for real. I know i’ve been redundant, by bringing this up so many times today in different posts. I aplogize, but I just can’t seem to get over the trippiness and excitement of it all. :grin: I didn’t actually get to walk out of my body and experince things, but I all the symptoms you get when you try to pull your dream body out of your physical body really happened, just like I’ve read.

I’m going to post the link to the Suneye method, which is just one way of trying to become lucid, but it is very informative about OBE’s.

groups.yahoo.com/group/bwgen/fil … ethods.zip

Sorry to ramble for so long, but I know that everyone who knows what I’m talking about can understand my enthusiasm, and everyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about (yet) can probably benefit from this. Thanks for reading.

A big hello to Cosmo112, Dave14, kayos and mellowman76,

Welcome to the site and good luck with your LDing! :tongue:

Howdy everyone. Iam new here. Hope to have many lucid dreams in the near future.

Hi Aj,
Welcome, and I hope you have many LDs too! :tongue:

Hi All,
Another newbie to the site. :smile: I have been LD ing all my life and do it pretty frequently without effort. To be honest for a lot of years I thought that is how every one dreamt. Now I know differently I feel sorry for those missing out. Dreaming is just the best fun. :grin: I have some great Hollywood blockbuster type dreams - i swear I should write movie scripts out of some of them…lol. Had to laugh reading about the lights not working…I have tried getting around this by getting candles but then cant make the lighter work…lol… foiled again. I think I OBE too, but I am looking in to this more atm.
Last nights LD was a pretty non eventful one but I’ll post it over in the dream section and start my little collection. :alien:

Yeah, another new one.

It’s been just couple weeks since I first heard about LDs, but I must say that lucid dreams are already an obsession for me :smile:

I haven’t seen any LDs yet, but I’m not worried about that. In last two weeks I have seen many great, wonderful, juicy and beautiful dreams, and I’m feeling I’m getting pretty close to the gates of lucidity. And I even have been able to remember my dreams better than i used to, just because I’ve found out that there’s something called Lucid Dreaming :wink:

Well yeah, thanks already for the nice words and wise tips you’re going to give me in the future :content:

hey there,

im new to the dream world, but i suppose ive been coming here for awhile.
ive been lucid for a short time in one dream, thanks to this site and many others.

ive seen many “how to’s”, and was wondering if anyone had any “dont’s”…

thanks,
bza

Hello bza20, Glaurung and Tripper,

Glad you’re here!

bza20,

Don’t assume you’re dreaming just because you are naked in public. :tongue:

what i mean is, does anyone have any theories on stuff that makes it impossible to lucid dream…like stuff to avoid in my little quest…

:confused:

There are some but you dont have to follow them strictly…they are kinda…hmmm…id call it good guesses.Anyways here it goes.
On the beginning its good to avoid all the emotional stuff.That goes mainly for sex(im sooooo sorry to say that:).It just have a tendency to wake the dremer up or cause loosing lucidity as you start concentrating too much on it.Not many ppl ha succesfully passed the point of having sex and going on with the dream.
Same goes for creating stuff outta nowhere,teleportations,morphing…leave that stuff for later when you get more familiar with lucid state and stabilize it enough to take on such tasks.
You might want to start up with simple exploring which is neverending fun even for long time lders.Theres anadventure and suprise hiding behind every corner:)Try to touch things,watch them in their details,smell them,taste them…so on…one step at the time…guess you got the idea:)
hope it helps
take care

O doh,sorry i misunderstood your question:(Anyways its helpfull:)
Then- Dont give up,Dont sleep less then 6 hours,Dont smoke pot if u care for recall,Dont move outta bed before you try recalling your dreams, and finally…Dont ever take any sweets from strangers:)

Hey, I’m new to this whole Lucid Dreaming thing, but I am a hardcore believer now… The main reason being that apparently I have had many Lucid Dreams throughout my life, and my dream recall has always been quite good. I always thought that when I realized I was dreaming and did whatever I felt like after realizing that, that it was just some whacky and extremely cool dream, once I awoke… To find out that this stuff can be mastered and done frequently makes me very excited.

I was especially excited after I had read up a lot on Lucid Dreaming and found out that the more motivation you have, and the better your natural dream recall is, the easier it is to learn to be proficient in Lucid Dreaming. Well… I am definately motivated, and I can recall 90% of what I dream, all the time. I always took this for granted.

I want to someday be a master at Lucid Dreaming. I don’t care if it takes my entire life.

You say not to smoke pot if you care for dream recall? I’m nineteen, been smoking pot since I was seventeen. I haven’t noticed my natural dream lucidity or my dream recall decrease, though this IS a possibility. Could you please enlighten me more on this, through a PM perhaps? I do not want to do anything that will hinder my becoming a Lucid Dreamer.

Smoking pot can decrease your dream recall, but it’s not the same for everyone.There are quite a lot people who say that it isn’t good for their dream, but also some who say it doesn’t affect them at all.
Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones :smile:
If you are an every-day smoker, I’d just have a break for a week and see what happens.If you are only smoking just like two times a month, it probably doesn’t affect your recall anyway

Read more about it in the “Shortcuts to lucidity” forum, there is a Marihuana thread

Traumgänger

hi all,
just felt the need to say hello and that this is the coolest ld sight i have found! I havn’t had an ld yet but i have come close thanks to all the great info on this site. :cool_laugh: