Finally!! but...

finally, I had my first LD :cool: I just thought that maybe I should do a RC and I did it. I used the Nose technique and it worked. But when i realized I was dreaming, I woke up after a second or so.

So, I would like to know, what should I do to stay lucid. I cant use the spinning technique or the other things because after doing a RC i wake up immediately :eh:

My best suggestion would be to keep using rc’s in your every day (waking) life. Try and convince yourself that right now could just be a really vivid dream. If you keep on with this. Eventually, when you do do an rc in a dream, it won’t be as “abnormal” to you. Just try and get used to the idea that “right now” could just be a really vivid dream. Hopefully this way, you won’t get as excited (when you finally do find out you are dreaming) and wake up. This is what has worked for me. I used to have the exact same problem :grrr: . It is a bummer when you do wake up when you finally get lucid, but at least you know your on the right track towards a full blown lucid dream! :happy: lol

I’ve used this method for about 3 weeks. I’ll continue with it.

that’s a good idea, seb_09… i’m also working on sustaining my LDs, I’ll give that a try. what’s helping a lot is planning out something to do before i go to bed… like walk around and talk to people or touch things, or do frequent rc’s…
i feel like my brain doesn’t know how to act as soon as i go lucid so i have to stay really active.
another tip: don’t try to stare at anything. stay active, but in a calm way.
it will come with practice.

lucid moments aren’t unusual when you are just starting with your LD’s, so there’s nothing to worry about… you will get over it in time. when i was starting i had lucid moments almost everynight for a week or so and each night i tried harder to fight to stay in the dream. what i did was grab what i could in my dream, i’d scream commands, etc. basically try to do something that interacts with the dream world.

once you’ve gotten yourself and your mind used to being lucid and staying lucid it will be much easier. every lucid moment you have now most likely will bring you just another step closer to your first full blown LD. good luck Raptor! :smile:

Thanks CCHawk, that gives me a good reason to continue working with it, harder and harder

When I had my very first LD (i’ve only had 2 in total) It was exactly like yours: RC, wake up. I said to myself “is this a dream” then thought “oh my Gosh! It is a dream! I’m having a LD!” The excitement woke me uP! My second dream I was more prepared. I remembered to spin in circles, then flew for a few seconds THEN woke up :happy: It still wasn’t long, but a lot better then my first one. I think that you need to prepare yourself before going to sleep, so you don’t freak out & wake up when you actually have a LD. Before you go to bed, run over what will happen when you LD, and then when you do you will be prepared and do what you said you will!
good luck! :partying_face:

last night I had the same situation again. After the nose thing I woke up. And when I was awake, I was very anxious. I think its because of hoping and waiting for it so much.

would that help if I create the same situation few times a day? like performing a RC and then trying to stay very calm?

What’s the Nose technique? I’ve never heard of it. :eh:

You try to breathe through your nose after plugging it. If you can still breath through your nose, you’re dreaming.