Saying Your Name In A Lucid Dream

I was reading Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming and I read a section about how saying your name in your dream can cause things to go crazy.
So I tried it last night and when I did, everything became more vivid and then whole scene started to shake like an earthquake and then stopped.
Everyone give it a try and post your results!

I’ve never heard of that but I’ll give it a try. My initial thought is that it’s more of a placebo effect… if you expect things to go crazy when you say your name, then they will - but we’ll see. :happy:

i’ve read that as well, but forgot about it until you just mentioned it. if i remember my intention, and if i have an LD, i’ll let ya know what happened. this is a good idea, anyone else interested should try also.

Sounds very interesting. I’ll try to remember that one when I become lucid. :happy: I have other intentions that I want to do first, but if for some reasons, I feel like I want to do something differently, I’ll try that one. :grin: Thanks for this wonderful idea!

It was originally thought that saying your name in a dream would wake you up. Then it was said it would interfere with the dream something like that. Then Laberge tested it and proved that its just a placebo what you expect to happen will. That’s why the people before him “proved their theories,” If it doesn’t work for you anymore because I explained it. . . I’m so sorry :tongue:

I read the whole arctile and knew that info befreo i did it. It still had the effect of making the dream shake…

I tried to say my name in LD couple months ago. It wen’t like this:

Me: my name is K… Ke… Kh… who the hell am I??? :bored:

FOr some reason I couldn’t say my name outloud in a dream, it was funny tho. It was a nice ld anyways.

I tried saying my name once. At first I couldn’t remember it, and it kinda freaked me out. And then I’m just like “Oh yeah, Secreta!” Nothing happened. And then I screamed “SECRETA!” And this girl that looked like some kind of demon with red eyes started running at me screaming “You have disturbed the water!” It scared the hell out of me but when I woke up it was pretty funny.