problem with lucid dreams.. i have *complete* control

hi im new to this site. i have been lucid dreaming for years frequently. i discovered lucid dreaming on my own, not from a class or someone else telling me about it. i discovered this ability hwen once i was having a dream that was so bad i knew it couldnt be real.

my problem is, lucid dreaming isnt rewarding anymore, because when i lucid dream, i have COMPLETE control over everything that happens. normally, when you dream, it’s like real life or almost like a TV show, you have ‘control’ only over what you do. when i lucid dream, i not only can give myself amazing powers like turning the dream off and waking up or flying or whatever, but i control everything that happens and all the other characters and what they say/do. while it was cool at first it’s now completely unsatisfying as its basically like having a conversation with myself. i lucid dream pretty much every dream i have now, involuntarily, and my dreams just arent satisfying me anymore. :sad:

Hundreds of people on this site want your problem :smile: . I don’t know of any ways to become less lucid. My only advice would be to “let go” of your dreams a bit. Try and explore instead of creating and see where that gets you. It sounds like you’ve been given a gift. Enjoy it! :wink:

I ran into that same problem many years ago, I was LDing a lot and simply got bored. I’d read about how Tibetan Buddhists use LDs to expedite their journey to enlightenment (something about coming face to face with the dreamer, yourself), so with that in mind I decided to try meditating within my LD.

The next LD I had I went into a full lotus and closed my eyes, almost immediately I found myself floating within a completely white enviroment, as I hovered there a black doorway scrolled down in front of me. I have never seen a such a deep and vibrant black before or since. I knew without a doubt that if I entered this portal that I would not return unchanged, at that time I felt unready, but to this day I still feel that portal waiting for me.

After that I didn’t LD for awhile and now I don’t use a lot of induction methods so I only have 1 to 2 LDs a month, which keeps the novelty factor high. What this all boils down to is that you might want look into some of these Tibetan Buddhist techniques which may take your LDing to new level.

I often just ride the dream out. Just because someone can control the dream doesn’t mean they have to. That is the next step in controling your dreams, learning to let go of the control. In a way that is harder than taking control, you want to control it but have to have the dicipline not to. Learn to do that, only exercising control when you must and then only subtly, and you will get satisfaction again.

Firehorse thats great advice and sounds really interesting too.

I mysellf have been meditating and learning about different philosophies for a couple of years now(mainly eastern) and that would be a great approach, using LD’s to meditate, thanx.

Are u on the journey of awakening??

Possibly, but I think I stopped at the 7-11 and I am having a slurpee. :tongue:

You do have an amazing talent if you really can have freqents lds and exert complete control over them. I can understand where you’re coming from because too much of anything can get old after awhile. Could you start a dream journal on this forum? I am really intrested to read about your lds.

We all have our set back Firehorse, but it seems to me that u r on your way to peace and happiness.

Thank you Z, you are very kind.

Probably the others already gave better advices than this one.Anyway, have you ever tried taking drugs (preferably strong psychedelics, such as LSD, DMT or magic mushrooms)?
I don´t have RL experience with these, but from my drug dream-experiences I can tell that they can have really strong effects.I can´t imagine having full control over such a dream-trip
I am seriously, there isn´t such a big difference between a RL high and a dream high as one might think

edit: Oh, I just see this can lead to some misinterpretation.Of course I do NOT advice you to take those in real life.
I only advice you to take them in your LDs

Traumgänger

how bout you donate your LDs to me, then we’d both be happy! :gni: on a better note, maybe go to the experiment section of the forum and look for fun Ideas there on what to do, like map the dream scape and such good luck! :smile:

I wish I can do those things! what did u do to trigger your gift?

As Cypher once said, “Ignorance is bliss.”

If you were really having full control of your LDs then you wouldn’t have this problem!

Every LD veteran knows that if you want to really enjoy something in your LD (anything mundane like eating a pineapple or trying on new shoes.) all you have to do is MAKE yourself enjoy it.

Sounds to me like you have full control of everything but yourself.

Firehorse, your story is compelling but I still wonder how you could get bored with LDing? Bored with reality checking-yes-, but not with the experience itself, it’s effortless and impossibly worse than sleeping.

Ureon wrote,

Actually, I can’t think of many things that I haven’t become bored with over time. The challenge is coming up with up some new approach or variation to combat the ennui.

I am of the opinion that this is the very challenge that drives humans to new frontiers.

Could it be that simple boredom is the engine behind all of humankinds greatest achievements?
I think so, but I’ve been wrong before (once or twice). :tongue:

It sure was (untill they discovered marijuana).

The LD boredom is very similar to the standard philosophical question: If one were omnipotent, would one not simply get bored and go crazy?

The answer is: OF COURSE NOT!

If one were omnipotent one would get bored only if one wanted to! In an LD the same is true. Naturally, diverting one’s natural response would be avoiding reality. But that’s what LDs are all about.

Why would omnipotence EVER get boring? If you’re tired of insane control, just try being lucid and going with the flow of the dream; try to solve the problem WITHOUT just going around it.

I really wish I could even HAVE an LD; last night, I had a dream where my friend was avoiding me during lunch and hiding away in some extension of the cafeteria where a party of sorts was going on. I went looking for him under the excuse “I’m looking for my family” (apparently kids’ families were there too), and when I entered the party room the lights all went out as if the subconscious was trying to keep me from finding him.

Had this become an LD, I would have finally tested the verbal “increase lucidity now” and, if I gained sufficient control, would have transformed this hostile party into a concert of sorts (I’d verbally summon the JB’s or the P-Funk All Stars onto the stage). I honestly CANNOT see how having constant LD’s with insane amounts of control can ever get boring. EVER.

What’s all this talk about omnipotence? You can become as experienced and powerful as an entire lifetime of practise could provide, but you’ll never be omnipotent. Perhaps if the entire dream world consisted of a single small room and a table, but that’s about the extent of it.

Controlling everything whether you want to or not would suck anyway.

Can you please properly read a post before patronizing the author?

I compared omnipotence and LDing on only once aspect! Namely: getting bored.

My apologies, Ureon. Simply misread the post while tired :grin:.