LD or OBE - Which do you prefer?

I had my first lucid experience since I consciously tried to become lucid. However, as soon as I became lucid, I ended up willing an OBE and tried to go for that. (I wrote a lengthy post in the wrong forum about that already). I find the idea of an OBE even more intriguing than an LD.

My question is, for those of you who have experienced both, which do you prefer? Which is a more rewarding experience? And which one is easier for a newbie? Would it be more beneficial to experiment with an LD before I try an OBE?

My OBE actually failed this morning. I was so close. I was actually floating out of my body and got sucked back in a couple times. I ended up waking myself up when I actually kicked with my physical leg, thereby losing the opportunity and experience. God, how I wish I that I had managed to break free of my body’s gravitational pull!

On the very beginning of my adventure with lds i had 3 experiences i had classified as lds.They were quite long,vivid,with decent control.
After some time passed and i counted more experiences i started to see the differences between first 3 and the rest.
Now ,two years after i call those first obes.Its not the topic now why but one thing for sure- they feel different.
As to the question- i prefer obes.My lds were usually shorter,less vivid.Also recall wasnt that satisfying.And dont get me wrong- vividness,good recall and good controll is not the reason for that classification.
In short- i value my obes higher because of above and other reasons are vibrations(never got them with lds and i do love them),sense of my body lying down there(also freaky cool)…so ,yeah,definately obes:)

hmmm… I haven’t had either very well. I think right now I would rather have a great LD, but later on in life I defenently want to experience a OOBE. I think both would be great, but right now I’m hoping for a LD! :content:

I rather both. :smile: I can induce OBE and make it a LD without the limitation of recall, time, etc.

Currently, I don’t really care if I induce OBE or LD… as long as I’m aware of what I am doing and that I know that either I’m dreaming or out of body. And as long as I meet my intention, I don’t care. :grin: I can induce vibration within my LDs, so… you can say I can do whatever I want to… either in LD or in OBE. :happy:

Hope I’m making senses here! :grin:

P.S. I rather doing WILD… and it can induce either OBE or LD… so I can induce whatever I’m in mood for. :grin: Usually OBE if I’m in hurry or want to force myself to lose awareness of my body… especially when I’m sick (my health messed up a lot this year… :razz: )

For me, it’s the same. An OBE is just a cooler way for me to succeed in WILD, I always do the same things in OBEs as in my “regural” LDs.

I have had lds but no OBEs. Right now I’m not even intrested in OBE’s because I get the impression that they are rare.

I’d say the handful of OBEs I’ve had are very exciting compared to the thousands of LDs which are far more common fpr me…but LDs in my experience are a lot more “creative” and easier to navigate around. Every OBE I’ve ever had involved some sort of nagging drawback that I couldn’t overcome, like being partially or completely blind or having trouble moving around.

I still try for OBEs most nights but they still only come to me by accident. LDs are just more familiar territory, I suppose.

i prefer to LD at night and AP for the out of body stuff, since i find you get most control over APs than OBEs.

So far most of my experiences have been accidental, rather than enduced however.

When I Wild/obe whatever you want to call it, it actually helped induce lucidity in my dreams, after a while when I was trying to get out of this dark room while I was experiencing one of my first wilds, I struggled and fell into a dream, but my mind was still awake, it was pretty cool, so all in all I prefer both. :content:

This happened a couple of times, its hard to concentrate or go exploring the AP.

When I Wild/obe whatever you want to call it, it actually helped induce lucidity in my dreams, after a while when I was trying to get out of this dark room while I was experiencing one of my first wilds, I struggled and fell into a dream, but my mind was still awake, it was pretty cool, so all in all I prefer both. :content:

This happened a couple of times, its hard to concentrate or go exploring the AP.

Does anyone else get OBEs from LDs? I’ve had my only two (both in the last week) upon awakening from an LD. I only came part way out of my body and I don’t know if they were false awakenings or what. It was kind of odd though because I’d never dreamed of my bedroom before and from what I saw it was in perfect detail.

First off what is an obe like for people? Do you know you are having one? Do you see things slightly differently? Can you see things that are there but couldn’t be otherwise seen for one reason or another? Is the landscape like the real world in them?
That last one is pretty important to me because I’m trying to figure out if what I was having the other night was a lucid nightmare that I couldn’t control or obe. I hope it was just a nightmare, if it was an obe I don’t ever want to have one again, at least not as long as I live where I do now.

Sorry, multiple post.

More of the multiple post.

I have OBEs probably more often than anyone here, but I’ve had very few LDs. I definitely prefer LDs over OBEs because you can do anything you want in a very realistic world inside your mind. I think OBEs are just very vivid dreams.

Whenever I have an OBE it’s not a good experience. Every time I’ve had an OBE except twice it has been a bad experience. I’m always being lifted up unwillingly with a lot of pressure on me like I’m really trying to get out of my body. I can hardly move, I can’t do anything, so I just wait for it to stop by staying still and I slowly come back. About 3 days ago, I tried to turn my head and see if the correct TV was on. Unfortunately, I could hardly move and I had to really try and turn my head. I started getting a sort of knot in my throat, like my throat was staying in place while the rest of my head moved :bored:

Anyway, LD all the way!!! :grin: