Reading In Dreams

I had read a post about how dreaming is done on one side of the brain and reading on the other, and how you cant read in dreams.
Then I had a lucid dream where I looked at a movie theater sign and I could read and remeber what it said.
On top it said 4 words that ryhmed. Two were mace and pace.
Then on the bottom where movie words that I accociate in my mind. Like carrey, lopez, ect.
Anyone else have experiences with this?

I can also read in my dreams. I have been on this forum reading posts in my dreams… also had a lucid dream where i chatted on the ld4all chat… :smile:

I’ve read small amounts in dreams also. Things like a poster or things like that. Too bad I can’t transfer books I haven’t read into dreams and read them there (the real book, not whatever my mind comes up with), it would certainly be nice to have more time for sci-fi and fantasy books.

Oh yes, I would love to have more time to read my books!
I usually don’t have trouble reading in dreams though upon awakening I can only remember a few words, if that. Last night I was reading a list of names, but then I became lucid (not sure why) and I wondered why I could read if it was a dream. At that point the letters in the names became jumbled.

That’s what I call the coyote effect. You know in the old roadrunner and coyote cartoons how the coyote would run off a cliff and not fall until he noticed he was in the air? Sometimes dreams seem the same way, you can do something until you realize you can’t. In lucid dreams you can make yourself able to do things however in cases like that list if you willed there to be words on it I bet they would be different, your subconsious already lost that particular list.

i can read as well… but i think most can. i think the thing is the words change easily, like when you look away and back. in my dreams the words always change when i do this, yet i can always read and remember what they said.

[quote=“Legionaire”]
That’s what I call the coyote effect. You know in the old roadrunner and coyote cartoons how the coyote would run off a cliff and not fall until he noticed he was in the air?

Heh heh. I was actually going to mention cartoon characters noticing gravity.

I do wish I could remember what I read though. Sometimes it is quite interesting. I’ll try to work on that.

I remember walking along a street when I noticed actors names autographed on a restuarants window.I broke a piece off that had Tress Macneille’s name on it.I realized I was dreaming and her name just disappeared.I spent most of my LD trying to get her name back on the peice of glass before realizing I could do other things like practicing my magic.

I can read in my dreams too, when i actually want to read a sign or something. The only thing is that the letters are blurry :confused: