Did I have a lucid dream?

This may sound silly, but I’m not sure if I had a lucid dream or not. It’s hard to explain, but I’ll try. Apoligies in advane if I confuse you, lol. Ok, for some reason, nothing triggered it, I though ‘hang on I’m dreaming’. To check, I looked at the time on my video player and I couldnt make out the numbers, so I guessed I was dreaming. I tried to make someone appear in the corner, and they did, but I got the feeling it wasnt him… (hard to explain). I couldnt talk to him properly, it was all a bit wierd. So I got rid of him and made one of my friends apperar- I could talk to her, and she talked back. We sat down on my bed, but I decided I was bored. I kind of ‘tipped forward’ and everything went black… then greyish. I wanted to go to the city, but everything went fuzzy and I found it really hard to think of what to do. Then I had a dream about my friend and a giraffe. I know it sounds like I had a lucid dream, but while I was having it, i felt like I was dreming… aren’t you meant to feel awake while being lucid? And knowing me and my wierd drems, I coud have just been dreaming about having a lucid dream, instead of actually having one. So, are you meant to feel like you’re dreaming in alucid dream, or do you feel awake?

sounds like one to me, a lucid dream is knowing you are dreaming and as you said you looked at the clock and knew you were dreaming. So in my oppinion id say you did have a lucid dream.

A lucid dream is simply a dream in which you are truly aware that you are dreaming. It sounds like that is your case. And yes, it should feel like you’re in a dream while in an LD, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to tell it apart from reality. You should be able to tell whether you were actually lucid during the dream or just faking it (it happens).

So congrats on your first (if it’s your first) LD! You should try using your imagination a little more next time, though :alien:

By the way, you might want to find a smaller avatar. That one’s a tad over the allowed size.

thanx for the help guys! but i forgot to add, whenever I tried to make something appaer or change, my teeth hurt, really really badly? has anyone else had this, or am I just wierd? :cool_laugh:

thanx for the help guys! but i forgot to add, whenever I tried to make something appaer or change, my teeth hurt, really really badly? has anyone else had this, or am I just wierd? :cool_laugh:

I’ll sory my av out too, sorry about that!

just pretend you dont have teeth in your dream then they wont hurt

I have had a similar experience like that where I felt I had to poop in my lucid dream, so I sat on the tolet for the whole episode lol.

lol @ fdroy. :cool_laugh: That dream must have been, erm, fun…

Hmm… it defiantly sounds like one to me. When I lucid dream. It feels very similar if not exactly like RL in many ways. I would have to say there is foreign aura, or a dream sense of some sort that you can feel though.

If it happened like you said it did. I would defiantly say Lucid !!

Hehehe… congrats on your LD… I say it was a LD.

By the way, it’s interesting that your teeth hurts when you try something in your LD. I had some similar experiences, but I can’t think of a good one to use for my example.

I’ll come back to you if anything pops in my head.

yep! I think that’s a LD! :partying_face: next time maybe try talking to DC’s that are already there (if there are any!) or do something that doesn’t involve talking of making people appear (ex. flying) if making people appear doesn’t work really well… you can always experiment! :wink: