Some questions from a newbie

Hi all, im relitivly new to the forum and i’m sorry if any of these question’s im asking are already answered but here goes.

I’m having a horrible time recalling my dreams, i started 2 weeks ago with pen and paper, but when I woke up i was just so tired i didn’t want to write the little bits of nothing I remembered from my dream. When I found this site I downloaded one for the computer, and remembered a good portion of my dream and typed it up, the next night(last night) i also looked at a dream helper spiral thing while listening to BWG like it was adviced to do in the shortcuts forum, and all day i had a subliminal program machine runnning in the back saying things like Am I dreaming, I will remember my dreams and things, and last night my dream recall seemed to get even worse.

I didn’t even realize I had fallen asleep when I woke up I felt as if I was still trying to fall asleep till i heard the shower go on and my mom going into the bathroom I looked at the clock and saw it was 7. It was like I layed in bed trying to sleep, and when i did fall asleep to the time i woke up just dissapeared and I was back trying to fall asleep again. Its really discouraging, that most nights I can’t remember anything about a dream, or on the rare nights I do remember something its just a little tidbit, and not worth recording.

This of course is very discouraging to me, I think it might be because I looked at that webpage and didn’t fall asleep for over an hour, or maybe it was the BWG, I’ll try it tonight and look at it without the BWG and just hope i fall asleep right after that.

A few questions I have though is how can I get my dream recall up if these subliminal message things don’t work? I don’t have money for any kind of device or even pills or vitamins. I have seen alot of things said on this site that i don’t understand like WILD MILD and SP, what are these and do they help becoming lucid/dream recall?(i’m currently in the process of loading up all the 5 or 6 pages of the big WILD and MILD topics, my computer is really bad today) What are ways I can do them? Thanks and sorry again if this has been answered somewhere else, my computer is acting up and freezes when i try and search.

Hey there wannabe.

Dream recall… “So tired I didn’t want to write the little bits of nothing I remembered from my dream.” Aw man, that sounds almost like you need to work on your will power. It seems like you don’t really have the will to recall your dreams. The “Little bits of nothing” are far from that. You need to rite that stuff down. Even if it is just something like… Red car.

If you have good will power. When you wake up and recall some part of a dream. You’ll write it down. You need that power to write down the all the little things that you recall when you wake up. Even when you have really long dreams with much detail. Or a few in one night. You might not be able to write all that stuff down. So you just jot down the things you need to, so you can remember it all. Like…Red car.
So it’s not bad to right down small things if that is all you remember.

Not righting down what you remember from your dreams because it was to small just doesn’t seem right. I have defiantly herd of to much recall though. I’d think that righting the little things down will help you to recall just a little more next time. I would wait till you have to much recall to pass on righting stuff down :smile:

That will power Is also beneficially used when going to sleep. You have to tell yourself before bed. That when you wake up in the morning. Your going to recall your dreams first thing. The more will you have. The better chance you will have of recall. Increasing will power would be a different post. A good one though. There are lots of ways to increase it.

Some of the other Q’s you have about LD methods are huge threads already up I think. Check them out.

I Personally don’t like the Subliminal web page thing though. That is just my opinion. GL

Yeah, will power has a lot to do with recalling your dreams. Sometimes you just have to drag yourself out of bed and write them down.

so basically if all i can remember is red car just write that up? Because i do have the willpower on the rare occasions that i can remember my dreams i do get up and record them down, but I just don’t see how recording “i think i mighta been at my house, then i jumped and woke up” could help me since I don’t knwo what that is? When one time I took melatonin I remembered 3 dreams and woke up and wrote 5 pages about those dreams, everything I could remember, the problem i have is that I can’t remember any of my dreams, like i said i didn’t even know i had fallen asleep, i thought i was still trying to fall asleep till i turned over and the covers went off my head and the light broke through and i realized i had fallen asleep, but couldn’t remember anything about the dreams.

and about the MILD and WILD I read them but there was just questions about how to do it from people who already knew the basic premise of it, am i just supposed to lay back and just constantly repeat i will fall asleep and be aware im dreaming unntill i fall asleep? How is it possible to fall asleep while your still thinking? Thanks for the replies btw.

hehe. Nah. I was saying. If you had a dream, and all you could remember from it was a red car, or something to that affect. Just jot down red car, or what ever it is that you remember. My bad for the confusion :content:

Even if you only remember tiny, vague scraps from your dream then you should make an effort to write them down. A lot of people find that as they’re writing what little they remember, it triggers other snippets from the dream, just the act of writing can spark more memories.

It’s also a way of telling your subconscious that dreams are important to you, and in the long run this can lead to better recall.

What Bad candle and Jihad said. Writing down the lil snippets of dreams is the first step to good dream recall via using a dream journal. If you only remember, “I think I was in my house, and there was a women there i think”. DO IT.

Also, the way you record can have some effect. Before you jump out of bed to type what bits of dream you remember…DO NOT MOVE, STAY STILL…and try to remember your dreams in reverse, that is…from the last part to the first part. This can help.

Waking up naturally helps too, that is, without using an alarm clock, or having someone wake u up. If you can wake up naturally and try to stay still u may recall something. And don’t be discouraged if you don’t…give it a minute, often times you’ll remember something from a dream well after you wake up.

Remember, everyone dreams every night no matter what. So lay there patiently and think of things you usually dream about, and maybe something will be triggerd, and you’ll remember something.

There are MANY MANY Techniques for enhancing dream recall. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED about this, give it a bit of time, patience, ect ect. You seem like your on the right steps. Your on this board actively posting and ‘caring’ about your dream recall, and best of all your doing a dream journal. Everyone is differant when it comes to dream recall, and the distractions of our every day life often play a huge roll in makeing ‘exuses’ to not take the time to recall your dreams. Do it actively , or even passively, but don’t give up. You’ll get it :smile:

I went from having low dream recall, to HIGH DREAM RECALL, back down to no dream recall…and just recently I’ve been trying to get my recall back up, and I’m up to about 1 vivid dream a night. I used to have 5+ dreams recalled a night.

p.s. if you can’t remember ANYTHING at all from your nights dream, WRITE THAT DOWN TOO, and maybe even write a dream you would LIKE TO HAVE.

You might want to check out the BIG remembering dreams topic too…

xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/r1/i … php?t=2859

thanks all, ,i hope i can stick with it because im very impatient, which was my only worry in getting into lucid dreaming, that id just give up, I was interested in meditation but without even knowing what to do i gave up on it when i tried just stopping thinking, but since i heard meditation might actually help lucid dreaming im thinking of trying to get back into that again… but again im just hoping i have the patience to keep with it and not give up.

I’m using subliminal program now that just pops up things like I will remember my dreams, i can recall mym dreams easily, and things like that, it pops up every second or so and since im on my computer alot during the day i think that will help, since i am always forgetting to do reality checks. Thanks again for all the responces

*edit: i also do not get woken up by alarm clocks or anyone else(purposly neway, since i never have newhere to go) i’ve sort of unintentionally came into the process of giong to sleep around midnight-1, then waking up around 6-7, and then going back to sleep. After finding this site i think I’ll stay up a bit when i do wake up at 6-7, try and remember any dreams and record them, look at the subliminal spiral webpage i found on this boards for 5-10 miuntes, then go to sleep. Recently I haven’t remembered any dreams at all from mym midnight-6 sleep, but i find it easiler to remember dreams from my 6-10 sleep, and after finding this page i see i’ve took a step in the right direction without even realizing it :smile:

The best thing about it is that iv been woken up around 6-7 for so long(from my mom showering and going to work, or her screaming at my brother or having to go to the bathroom, or all of the above) i just wake up at 6-7 now without any sort of distraction to wake me up, in fact I"ll usually get up before my mom is up to make noise, and I find myself trying to go to sleep hearing her shower and yell and such.

Its just discouraging that I spent hours and hours online reading about and thinking about lucid dreams and then when i sleep i can barley remember my dreams, 2 weeks ago I used melatonin and recorded 3 intensly vivid dreams down when i got up, and the next night when i can’t even remember a little snipit of the dream, well like i said its very discouraging, but I’m hoping to stick with it, because i really have a desire to do this, ,and work with them to help with some personal problems that I have in the waking world.

Also try to keep a pen with you most of the time. Sometimes in the middle of a class, BAAM! I remember a dream. Hits me like a sack of wet bricks an intense vivid memory recalled from no where. I write the specifics of the dream on the back of my hand or wrist (my palms are too sweaty to write legibly there) then write the dream down later. Lately I’ve been having some good dreams and would hate to miss out on them. Just remember that you dream every night and your dreams are important to you.

Or you could disregard everything, buy a sack of jelly beans and eat one for every sentence you can write pertaining to your dreams. :cool:

I set both my alarms for the same time, one next to my bed, and one on my desk, so I have to turn my light on, get up, and walk across the room, and turn it off, so I’m wide awake. Then I think at first that I can’t remember anything, and get frustrated. Then I let my mind wander, and something reminds me of something else, and then I realize that that something was actually a dream. I then write this down, and the rest of the dream comes to me.