I had my First OBE last night

I had my first OBE last night, and during it i saw a black figure. I felt like i was being pulled towards it, and i got scared and started stuggling against the pulling.The pulling eventually stopped and the black figure went into another room. I started moving towards the toilet, gliding really and was about to go into the room when i suddenly felt like i shouldnt and the next thing i know i felt being pulled back into my body, and suddenly woke up
very scared.

Does anyone know what this black figure means? Has anyone else had a similair experience? My mum has also had somethingsimilair where a black figure entered the room saton her bed and touched herhand.
I am scared to sleepnow, any helpwould be great!

If u ask me-it means nothing actually.OBE worlds are pretty similar to those from lds.Sure they may take place in known enviroments but rest is unknown to us in a same manner.I mean…sometimes we just dont know why we dreamt about this or that animal,this or that person.
I wouldnt worry.Ive have had few OBEs and in all of them there were strange happenings…my room was refurnished,ppl there who shouldnt be,stuff…so on.
Content of a dream and same goes for OBE is similar to what we get from horoscopes…may mean something,may not and anyways we have no way to check it.
so dream on and worry not:)

Yeah, it’s nothing. The thing touching your mom’s hand was her imagination. We feel things in our dreams too and that’s what it was. There are no evil beings in your house.

Haven’t you ever heard a noise or voice while trying to sleep and realize that it wasn’t real, even though it sounded completely authentic? Same goes for things you see and things you feel.

Everytime I OBE , I am in my house, and am getting attacked. Sometimes I just realize I am out while it is going on and I am learning to get a better grip on the thought I cant be hurt so am becoming less scared and staying out slightly longer. It happened to me last night and I managed to have some really clear objective thoughts about how it felt… but still did a runner for my body when it got a bit much.
If I become aware while I am actually leaving my body I never get more than hovering just above my body as the sensation overwhelms me and I try to stop it. The last time I was aware of leaving ( last week) I tried to ignore the feeling and go but eventually backed out again but trying to combat the fear was a big step.
I think in time I will be able to go all over the place with enough mental toughness that I wont be getting attacked anymore. I guess kinda like overcoming obstacles in an LD, it is a lot about your own thought process.

Sure, maybe maybe the black figure was nothing, just your dream mind playing tricks on you… but then again, maybe it was Death. :smile:

always look on the optomistic side don’t you sage! I personally think it was nothing, because If I had experianced all the deaths I have had in dreams I wouldn’t be here right now [%
I’ve never had a OOBE though, so I don’t know a lot about them!

could have been anything, it could be a spirit in your house. It could be a spirit guide or dream guide. It could have been all in your head lol.

Here’s a little something you might find interesting.

My friend who often visits me via Astral projection, told me she often sees me as a black figure with no detail. I’ve put this down to unclear AP senses, maybe it was a similar thing?

AS for the touching of the hand, i have often had dreams where something happened (like being stung) and on waking i can steal feel the sting upto 5/10mins after waking. But then some people will tell you that during the waking/sleeping period we are more suseptible to the spirit world. Of course when OBEing / APing its common to find other “real” entities.

the best chance of finding out who or what it was would be to have another OBE/LD and ask the entity who/wat it is.

I have heard of the

in many SP stories. It has never happened to me. What ever it was. It was normal as far as I have heard.

The

people often see in dreams is thought to be just your imagination. It is called the Dweller on the Threshold, and is a symbol of the darkness within us all; it’s something that tends to scare the crap out of most people. The Dweller on the Threshold may come in the form of any phobia the person may have, for instance i remember an LD where i tried to make a cat appear out of nowhere… it did, but only had one eye! I was scared into paralysis, then woke up. I interpreted this fear as being a fear of the unknown, which i have.

Many think that if you can confront this symbol of fear in your dreams, your conquor it, thus releasing yourself from any phobias.

Of course, if it really was Death like I suggested before, and you confront him… you die. :smile:

ooh… sounds like a challenge bring it on :cool:

Thanks for the help guys
everyone i know thinks i am crazy
but it is nice talking to people who know about this sort of thing

Maybe you really are crazy… and simply imagining all of these replies to your question. :alien: